IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Raintoday 1815 mmm .someone with the worlds largest garden sprinkler

Posted Image ! It's a strange one

Posted

Is that cell out to sea heading for Aberdeenshire and will it still be electrical? Reporting Scotland weather mentioned the possibility...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Fairly sure this was asked in the convective thread the other night but cant seem to find it. 

Anybody have any idea what could be causing the weird anaprop that covers all of SW Scotland at random intervels? 

Posted Image

Seen it for quite a few days now 

There's another stripe that appears out in the Moray Firth occasionally. It appears from nowhere then vanishes again...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I'm in a minority here but this week's weather is very poor for one reason - it brings out all the wee flying fkrs. I've never had 2 days where every time I've gone out I've been surrounded by such dense clouds of some combination of clegs, house-flies or midges. Also lots of wood wasps and dragonflies around, the latter feasting on the rest but not fast enough. Back home now but bits of me are raw. Stick your hot humid weather where it hurts.

Posted

Very heavy shower this afternoon could almost see the neeps grow afterwards and despite being sown a week later than last year they are  meeting across the drill today 3 weeks earlier than last year.  Some growth has almost been tropical this  last month. Hpoe the grass starts to grow again too. Put some fly control on all the cattle this evening as they are getting no rest from the swarms .Should last till September when the weather should become cooler. Currently thick fog and 17c

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Well thought we were going to get a storm at last...

post-2849-0-69059200-1374790365_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-70459600-1374790376_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-11225800-1374790378_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-23037000-1374790379_thumb.jp

But f3ck all, so decided to harvest a few of these to have with cream. mmmmmmm plenty coming through this year at last.

post-2849-0-11856400-1374790452_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

Morning

I live about a mile away from where the lightening trashed the flat in greenock. It was a very powerful storm v v loud thunder and lots of lightening! Rain was v fat looked liked snow had a bit of hail too!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning. Patchy cloud, sun trying to pop through and feeling pleasantly warm. Even if this present weather continues to go downhill, I feel re-energised with all the recent beautiful sunshine and warm temperatures. If we could bank a few similar

weeks each summer, I would be more than happy!

Came across these links which some folk may be interested in reading. It does not profess to be a confident long range forecast, more of an explanation of the current state and apparently consistent state of the NAO for some months now by the CFS. It gives a good explanation about the NAO and what we may expect if it remains in a negative state. Don't shoot the messenger!Posted Image

http://kasimsweatherwatcher.com/winter-forecast-201314/

http://kasimsweatherwatcher.com/uk-winter/

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted

Morning. Patchy cloud, sun trying to pop through and feeling pleasantly warm. Even if this present weather continues to go downhill, I feel re-energised with all the recent beautiful sunshine and warm temperatures. If we could bank a few similar

weeks each summer, I would be more than happy!

Came across these links which some folk may be interested in reading. It does not profess to be a confident long range forecast, more of an explanation of the current state and apparently consistent state of the NAO for some months now by the CFS. It gives a good explanation about the NAO and what we may expect if it remains in a negative state. Don't shoot the messenger!Posted Image

http://kasimsweatherwatcher.com/winter-forecast-201314/

http://kasimsweatherwatcher.com/uk-winter/

I dare someone to put this in the MOD thread.Posted Image 

In the slightly nearer timeframe,looks like more storms for Scotland today.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

I dare someone to put this in the MOD thread.Posted Image 

Posted ImageUKWinterForecast.png

In the slightly nearer timeframe,looks like more storms for Scotland today.

Well it sure as hell won't be me!  Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Here we go again with the rain golly! Turned very heavy with big hail thrown in for good measure!

Edited by NUT

Posted

It's been been rumbling in the distance around (to west / South of Inverness) since a bit before 1pm, looks like its getting closer,just starting to rain in central Inverness, just bailed from sitting outside listening to the sound effects with my laptop!

Posted

Two thunderstorms here one to my SW skifreaks one and one to the east going down the Findhorn river valley Very dark Currently 23c Almost constant thunder between the two

Posted

Excellent, 1st cell moving off and rumbling away, 2nd cell looks to be moving in! Flooding going to be a concern I would think. .

Posted

Excellent, 1st cell moving off and rumbling away, 2nd cell looks to be moving in! Flooding going to be a concern I would think. .

As heavy as the rain was here earlier (and yesterday) it has dried up really rather quickly. It as if it never rained! But like yesterday in Greenock surely if some place gets hit and hit something's got to give.................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Thunder rumbling about again this afternoon but off to our east.  Haven't got a view to the east here so can't see what's brewing/passing.

Posted

The worst of the second cell passing to the south - pretty lively and heading for Livingston I think.

Posted

3 days this week with thunder (possibly a 4th on sunday) most thundery week I can remember for a long time! And a chance we will start the new week with something thundery too................

Edited by NUT

Posted

The East Kilbride storm forcefield is in full effect today...

Could hear thunder to the cell just to the south , but it drifted off...typical.

Edited by todd1970
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Fkn Torrentail pish.

Ah hate fkn rrrrrrrrrrain!!!!!!!!!!

Big pished aff Innes

Posted

In Ayr and to my south east there one hell of a black cell huge plumes I'm hoping this moves over thunder rumbling away