Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Anybody having power cuts because of weather? That's us had our third in about 2 weeks since this spell started

Posted

Ground baking now currently sunny and 23c with a NE sea breeze. Crops here showing the first signs of burning hate to think whats happening on the sandy ground lower down but if we do suddenly get rain in a weeks time then second growth which is green at harvest and ruins samples will be an issue. It really is too dry now.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Now 27C at Glasgow airport making it the joint warmest day of the year so far. I believe the highest recorded temperature since 2000 at the airport is 28C so there's still time for the temperature to rise. Another amazing day here with not a cloud in the sky and just a slight breeze in the warm sunshine - glorious conditions. It appears that this month will end up joining July 2006 and August 2003 for being the best months for summer weather since the millenium. So far this month there has been 14 consecutive days without rainfall and that tally should increase with more dry conditions into the weekend and start of next week - making it quite possibly the most impressive dry spell in Scotland for many years. Fingers crossed that August keeps up the good weather.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Now 27C at Glasgow airport making it the joint warmest day of the year so far. I believe the highest recorded temperature since 2000 at the airport is 28C so there's still time for the temperature to rise. Another amazing day here with not a cloud in the sky and just a slight breeze in the warm sunshine - glorious conditions. It appears that this month will end up joining July 2006 and August 2003 for being the best months for summer weather since the millenium. So far this month there has been 14 consecutive days without rainfall and that tally should increase with more dry conditions into the weekend and start of next week - making it quite possibly the most impressive dry spell in Scotland for many years. Fingers crossed that August keeps up the good weather.

Quite remarkable weather AWT......lets not forget how dry late winter and spring were too!Some amazing figures......NO rain from 14/2 to 15/3. And then only 15mm of rain thru to 10/4!!

Posted

It not been completely dry here this week believe it or not monday was quite drizzly at times especially late on ground was briefly wet

Posted

It not been completely dry here this week believe it or not monday was quite drizzly at times especially late on ground was briefly wet

Yes I heard that there was a shower nearby earlier this week but in general quite a few parts of the country have escaped any rain during this spell. Feeling very hot just now and Glasgow airport has recorded 28C and I believe this is the warmest day since the end of July 2006 and a temperature that is well over the boiling point for a Scotsman - more like the melting point as Sally Magnusson demonstrates

Edited by A Winter's Tale
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

For me a perfect Summers day today. A high of 24C with a refreshing Easterly breeze which so far, touch wood, has not brought any cloud. Much better than yesterday's 28+ with high humidity in the warm Westerly wind.

Incidentally yesterday's max of 28.9C was the hottest in the almost 60 years that they have been recording at the SCRI Hutton Institute in Invergowrie, beating 28.7 in 1995.

Flying off to Canada on Sunday. It is possible that Glasgow could be hotter than Toronto on Sunday which is pretty unusual in July. Their high's have been in the mid thirties but are due to tumble to the mid twenties by Sunday. The humidity also should be down after the thunderstorms so far this month.

Graeme, If you are reading we will be off to see the Blue Jays on Monday. Will give them a shout for you!

Edited by Norrance

Posted

For me a perfect Summers day today. A high of 24C with a refreshing Easterly breeze which so far, touch wood, has not brought any cloud. Much better than yesterday's 28+ with high humidity in the warm Westerly wind.Incidentally yesterday's max of 28.9C was the hottest in the almost 60 years that they have been recording at the SCRI Hutton Institute in Invergowrie, beating 28.7 in 1995.Flying off to Canada on Sunday. It is possible that Glasgow could be hotter than Toronto on Sunday which is pretty unusual in July. Their high's have been in the mid thirties but are due to tumble to the mid twenties by Sunday. The humidity also should be down after the thunderstorms so far this month.Graeme, If you are reading we will be off to see the Blue Jays on Monday. Will give them a shout for you!

You'll be very happy not to have been in Toronto this week, if you are not a fan of hot humid weather. Currently 33c with a dew point of 22c...and the overnight low last night was 26c! As you say cooler, but far more pleasant next week. The Blue Jays need all the support they can get! I'm a huge fan but it's been a very frustrating season...but regardless, the baseball experience is second to none in my opinion. Have a great trip!

The temperature here in Crail is 9c cooler than at the same time yesterday (18c rather than 27c). Likewise no appearance of the dreaded haar as yet. I'm a bit apprehensive about the weekend. I'm not bothered if it burns off by mid-morning but if it lingers all day it'll be grim...especially after being couped up in work all week while the sun shone in NE Fife.

Edited by Hawesy

Posted

Haar in Aberdeen only lasted about an hour at lunchtime then cleared to blue skies. Warm again in the sun and maxed in Oldmeldrum at 24.1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

Max 22.7C today with cooling SE breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

White cloud but bright here, can see the sun behind it so might be clearing soon.

Posted

We knew it was coming but it doesn't make it any more pleasant when it happens. Haar arrives in perfect time to spoil the weekend. Don't fancy the chances of it clearing here but I hope to be proved wrong!

Posted

Grey morning so far. 15.0C but hoping the sun breaks through later as forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

The haar has cleared away and the sun is out Posted Image temp now 22.6 which is perfect.  I have to say I'm missing the Scottish perspective on the models just now as the MT is a nightmare, roll on winter I say Posted Image

Posted

Roasting. There is a rather large grass fire next to the mate at Newhouse to show how dry its been!

Posted

After a relatively cool night last night (11c) It has been beautiful sunshine since early on and now reading at 22c, not been affected by haar at all but can see a slight sea mist far out..............and as long as it stays out there I'm a happy chap(ess)Posted Image 

Got the beers and the ciders chilling and will be having the 6th BBQ of 2013 later today...............................oh boy, I could really get used to thisPosted Image

Posted

To my pleasant surprise the sun came out here around 12.45...

Edited by Hawesy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

The cloud broke quite quickly this morning to give pleasant sunshine. 20.6C but feeling warmer in the light breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Another day of low cloud, mist and fog, thick at times. Max temp 14.8C, currently 11.9C

Posted

rinse and repeat as ever for you then shetland coastie, its cloudy down here too today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Indeed. And more of the same for tomorrow by the looks of things. Quelle surprise.

Posted

Haar/mist this morning and started out at 14c then broke about 11.00am sun came out and reached a maximum of 23c. Crops appreciated the dampness this morning, many lower down in  this area are looking really drought stressed. A long time since this has happened. Nice sunny evening now. Currently  18c

• Like 1