Rugby League / Union 2013 onwards

Difficult game for everyone in Limerick today. especially Glasgow and to a lesser extent the officials I feel. Anyway Munster, on a wave of emotion, overpowered Glasgow to win 38-17 even with 14 men for two thirds of the game.. The crowd wouldn't have had it any other way.

Edited by knocker
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting game tonight. England perhaps should have won it in the first half when their pack was firing and Wales were all over the place. Particularly the set pieces and very poor kicking which bro

2013: I don't think Ireland deserved the title one jot, having watched all of the games, England were considerably superior in all aspects of the game, and apart from a mad 3 minutes in Paris, would'v

congrats to Ireland on a fine win and deserved Grand Slam........England were mediocre again and have gone backwards in recent games....It's hard to believe England were lauded as a strong candidate f

Posted Images

Wasps salvaged a draw against Toulouse with a try right at the end. Vry important as this will be a very tight group with any two from three. They were probably a bit lucky. Earlier Montpelier beat Leinster and yesterday the Chiefs lost a close game with Ulster. Not a great start of the season for the Chiefs but some of their matches have been very close and could have gone either way.

Edited by knocker
3 minutes ago, Allezwasps. said:

have a look at that toulouse pitch knocker.

I know I watched the game. The case for artificial pitches is unarguable IMO given the state of some of the pitches.

The Chiefs lost narrowly at home to local rivals Bath so their poor start to the season continues. The game had a bizarre finish, Exeter were leading 10-6 and the 80 minutes were up and Bath had a penalty. They more or less had to take a scrum which then had to be continually reset and this took 7 minutes. Finally success and the Chiefs missed two tackles and Roko scored a try. The game was actually quite poor.

Elsewhere Wasps and Sale had easy victories and yesterday Saracens were impressive, again, in beating Leicester. And this is with key players injured.

3 hours ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Ireland beat NZ for the first time. 40-29. Incredible game!

Incredible, and so strange that it was in Chicago a couple of days after another infamous losing streak was ended. My mum texted me that she and my Dad were dancing around the living room. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Although losing 21-9 I thought it a great performance by Ireland in what was a very physical game. I think a stronger ref might have helped considering the number of penalties the Blacks gave away. Injuries didn't help Ireland either.

Yeah, poor luck for Ireland and the early injuries really knocked the shape out of the team. Pretty cynical play by the All Blacks and some very strange reffing. Still, the Irish tended to fumble the ball too often near the NZ line and didn't have that clinical finishing edge they showed 2 weeks back.

Yes that's true although I wouldn't read too much into beating Fiji easily. The latter have many fine players scattered around in various countries but severe lack of preparation as a team is painfully obvious. They were poor.

England had to dig a bit deep today but of course it doesn't help playing most of the game a man light. When Argentina scored  two quick tries either side of half time it looked a bit dodgy but they regrouped and won quite well in the end. Had to work hard to keep track of how many payers were on the pitch

This is just about the worst SA side that I've ever seen. They won't put up with this for long. A very good game in Ireland and it certainly was a game of two halves as the Aussies were very poor in the first 40. Kudos to Ireland however with their continuing injury saga and they fully deserved to win.

Nerve wrecking game for Ireland, some crazy cover needed with injuries, but managed to hold on in 2nd half. Should be a good 6nations with England so strong and Ireland really building strength in the pack with a couple of exciting backs coming into play. One things for sure, not as much gulf now between northern & Southern Hemispheres, not withstanding these are "friendlies".

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 09:57, BornFromTheVoid said:

England looking as strong as I've seen. Would love to see them take on the All Blacks now

I think England's discipline was much improved - I think Eddie Jones has done them a power of good - hopefully should be set up well for the 6 nations.  :)

On 19 November 2016 at 22:15, J10 said:

England are having some very impressive results this Autumn, looking very ominous for the 6 Nations.

The test for England will be Ireland in Dublin. If Ireland fully fit would expect to win as very dynamic pack.