Rugby League / Union 2013 onwards

Good game between the Blues and Munster that the latter won right at the end. Cardiff will be kicking themselves as they should have won with all the possession they had in the second half but you cannot get away with conceding so many penalties as they did in the first half.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting game tonight. England perhaps should have won it in the first half when their pack was firing and Wales were all over the place. Particularly the set pieces and very poor kicking which bro

2013: I don't think Ireland deserved the title one jot, having watched all of the games, England were considerably superior in all aspects of the game, and apart from a mad 3 minutes in Paris, would'v

congrats to Ireland on a fine win and deserved Grand Slam........England were mediocre again and have gone backwards in recent games....It's hard to believe England were lauded as a strong candidate f

Posted Images

Good game between the Blues and Munster that the latter won right at the end. Cardiff will be kicking themselves as they should have won with all the possession they had in the second half but you cannot get away with conceding so many penalties as they did in the first half.

Thought the Cardiff Blues would lose this game easily but they could have won it.

Interesting to see the Top 6 pretty much the same as last season again.

It's amazing how many video ref. decisions become contentious. We now have "pinkygate". Did Ryan Hall's finger touch the ball with downward pressure at the end of the Aussie-England game and potentially knock Australia out of the cup? I would have said yes, as would many others, but the video ref. thought otherwise. It raises yet again the question of neutral officials.

On another note, switching to union, England's injury list is getting ridiculous.

Edited by knocker

Cracking open game between the Kiwis and England. The former won 16-14 but it could easily have gone the other way. The Kiwis were lucky as usual. :)  Perhaps some revenge at Twickers this afternoon but that's another tall order looking at this England side. Hope springs eternal.

• Like 1

The scoreline flattered England somewhat. An even first half but the Blacks took control of possession and territory in the second. England's tactical was poor as it's not a good idea to kick straight to the AB's back three. Mind I blame the Welsh referee.

Wales should have won, but managed to lose again. The inconsistency of the advantage rule by Craig Joubert in the last 10 minutes didn't help though. But you just thought in those 10 minutes that Australia would win.

Amazing that Wales scored 4 tries to 3 as well. So many times in the past, we have been kept in via penalties, and we had no penalty attempts at all during the game.

The scoreline flattered England somewhat. An even first half but the Blacks took control of possession and territory in the second. England's tactical was poor as it's not a good idea to kick straight to the AB's back three. Mind I blame the Welsh referee.

Do you mean Nigel Owens, one of the best referees in the world.

A great win by Ireland over the Boks. Fully deserved.

Good win for them and a decent win for Scotland, although that one was expected.

Edited by J10

This was a must win game for England and they didn't. Obviously a rethink is necessary and time is running out. It's all too one dimensional with an urgent need for a fly half, Farrell isn't the answer, and better game management. The only way they look like scoring tries is through the forwards and that isn't good enough against the best sides.

TMO pretty poor today, firstly disallowing a Wales Try was looked good, and this resulted in the Fijian being sent off, and then disallowing another Wales Try, for the wrong reason at best.

As for Wales pretty poor (or worse) as well, as you need to keep structure against Fiji something they manifestly failed to do especially 2nd half. 

A par score for a home nation against this Fiji side is a 40pt win.

Edited by J10

I thought the final scoreline very harsh over Wales today, with Wales leading narrowly ahead with 12 minutes to go , 3 quick tries gave NZ a winning margin they didn't deserve. The bounce of the ball literally favoured them in the end. A problem for Wales is that the subs bench is a far way the starting 15, and that includes Mike Phillips.

Even saying that the final winning margin was less than most ,people expected.

Another good win for Ireland over Australia and a good 2nd half performance by Scotland over Tonga, although one of their players was perhaps a little lucky with a yellow for a tip tackle in the first half, and a breakaway try just before half time proved crucial, however as Scotland tightened things up very well indeed in the 2nd half and were pretty impressive against dogged opponents. .

Yes it was probably a bit harsh on Wales who did brilliantly for three quarters of the game in shutting down the All Blacks speed of transition which is a key factor in their game. Inevitable they did tire in the last quarter, the subs didn't help, and this is when NZ are most dangerous. Yes the bounce did favour them once but it was still a classy piece of play. And they had Wayne Barnes.

The England Samoa game was poor and raised more questions than it did answers. Ford is a must for no 10, probably partnered by Youngs. And Farrell is no inside centre. And I'm not convinced by the back row. Robshaw, good player though he is, is no classic flanker.

Didn't see the Ireland game but no question they have had two good wins.

Good win by England but I'm not sure how much one should read into it. The pack was so dominate it allowed the half backs to dictate and they had good games. But how well will they do they against a more competitive pack? The jury is still out regarding ideas and cohesion regarding three quarter play.

Didn't see the Welsh game but it has to be a fine result for Wales. Seems a shame they will have to come down to earth when they play England.

Edited by knocker

Good win by England but I'm not sure how much one should read into it. The pack was so dominate it allowed the half backs to dictate and they had good games. But how well well they do they against a more competitive pack? The jury is still out regarding ideas and cohesion regarding three quarter play.

Didn't see the Welsh game but it has to be a fine result for Wales. Seems a shame they will have to come down to earth when they play England.

You wish :rofl:

I didn't see the game either being at the football, but glad we finally managed to win one. Hopefully now the media will get off Gatlands back and allow us to build for the World Cup.

Hey guys!

I live in Toulouse (France) so my english isn't perfect. You probably know that Toulouse is a Rugby town and I'm a passionate.

I think so we are in a general rugby topic and we can discuss of European Rugby Champions Cup and not only your national league ?

To sum up, Toulouse has had a bad start season in our national sporting competition (Top14) because of many good players were injured. Obviously, the situation is clearly better and we hope to win our sixth match a row against Grenoble tonight. Stay tuned or watch this space (I don't know the equivalent in English for the expression "Affaire à suivre!")...

Welcome to the forum. Your Input regarding French rugby would be great. I had noticed the start Toulouse had made. At least Steffon Armitage hasn't been made an honorary Frenchman :)

Edited by knocker

Good win by England but I'm not sure how much one should read into it. The pack was so dominate it allowed the half backs to dictate and they had good games. But how well will they do they against a more competitive pack? The jury is still out regarding ideas and cohesion regarding three quarter play.

Yes a very pleasing win.  However, I winced at the several bloody collisions.  I do fear for their brains.

B.