Airshows!

Posted

Link to streaming live radio for Eastbourne Airbourne:

http://stream-eu2.tune-in.co.uk:7012/listen.pls

Edited by Coast

Posted

Flying today, subject to weather conditions:

Flight Time - 12:30 - 17.00

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Hurricane, Lancaster, Spitfire)
The Blades
Breitling Wingwalkers
Belgian F16
Hawk
Hurricane
Sea Fury
Sea Hawk
Spitfire
Team Swift
The Tigers
Tucano
Tutor

Posted

Last day of Airbourne and the best weather so far :good: 

Posted
Posted

Looks good, glad the weather was a bit better today. Ironically we have had rain and cloud after a week of blue sky's and blistering heat

Posted

Looks good, glad the weather was a bit better today. Ironically we have had rain and cloud after a week of blue sky's and blistering heat

Great weekend all around really and a superb boost for Eastbourne with crowds of people attending

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Treble booked myself last weekend so didn't make it down, although we are doing Clacton on Friday :D

Posted

Treble booked myself last weekend so didn't make it down, although we are doing Clacton on Friday Posted Image

You were missed! :lol: 

Posted

It's turned into a summer of bloody weddings! It's interfering with my Airshow schedule...

Posted

It's turned into a summer of bloody weddings!.

Congratulations! (who's the lucky bloke?? :lol: )

• Like 1

Posted

Congratulations! (who's the lucky bloke?? Posted Image )

None of them are anything to do with me!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Bournemouth Show today/tomorrow/sunday.

There's a live stream of events here...

http://bournemouthair.co.uk/whats-on/

Edit - Ha. Didn't need the livestream, the Red Arrows just flew over the garden on the loop down to the show.

Edited by jtay

Posted

A Spitfire returning from Shoreham flew straight overhead at low-level while I was enjoying a pint in the sun yesterday. I heard it from a long way away, but was still too slow to get my camera out of my pocket!

Posted

I wonder if any fellow aircraft enthusiasts have been to Raf Waddington ? As viewing spots go, this looks pretty good and I am tempted to make the journey there if I can find some kind of aircraft arrival/departure schedule.

Unable to post the You Tube link for some reason.

• Like 1

Posted

I wonder if any fellow aircraft enthusiasts have been to Raf Waddington ? As viewing spots go, this looks pretty good and I am tempted to make the journey there if I can find some kind of aircraft arrival/departure schedule.

Unable to post the You Tube link for some reason.

I use the fightercontrol forum for heads up info, they have pretty much every uk airbase covered by spotters and radio enthusiast and quite often post things that are expected and inbound/outbound. I think you might have to register to see the nitty gritty, but here's the Link to the Waddo subforum http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=59

I've used it for Lakey and Fairford and the mach loop and it tends to be accurate. It's also handy to find out why a random chinook flew over your location :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Headcorn Aerodrome Model Airshow next weekend with bigger aircraft aswell including a balloon festival aswell... http://www.headcornaerodromeballoonevent.weebly.com ( I'm helping to organise) Be good to see some of you there! 

Edited by Mark Neal.
  • Like 3

Posted

I was at the Waddo airshow this year and last, made a weekend of both times seeing lots of people become disappointed with the traffic heading in/out on individual days. I had to chuckle about the faracas made about the Eurofighter's landing during arrivals day that apparently 'nearly took peoples heads off underneath', as I was there snapping away and to me it didn't seem as any unusual than anything else that day, It was low but not a uncontrolled landing.

Anyhoo Manchester Airport will be putting on a 'mini show' this Saturday consisting of some old bi-planes, Lancaster, Skydivers, and anything else that might arrive from the Dublin/Southport shows. After Manchester i'll be heading on up to Southport for Sunday's airshow.

• Like 1

Posted

Headcorn Aerodrome Model Airshow next weekend with bigger aircraft aswell including a balloon festival aswell... http://www.headcornaerodromeballoonevent.weebly.com ( I'm helping to organise) Be good to see some of you there! 

Health and weather permitting I am tempted to try and get to this Mark. What are parking and general facilities like please ?

• Like 1

Posted

Going by the recent forecasts it looks like Manchester's 75th anniversary and Southport Airshow may be limited to the amount of flying displays and aircraft avaliable. What a stinker of a weekend for the final few airshows of the 2013 calendar.

• Like 1

Posted

DUE to severe weather conditions forecast on Sunday and Monday (September 15/16), the Sunday of this weekend's Southport Air Show has been cancelled. Saturday's show will still go ahead as planned with the Red Arrows opening the flying schedule at 1pm. Other aircraft taking to the skies on Saturday includes the Typhoon, the historic Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight, Spitfire, Blades, Merlin, Miss Demeanour and many more.  However, organisers of the event have taken into account the weather forecast and advice from the flying director after many aircraft pulled out of Sunday's programme to cancel Sunday's show. Tickets purchased for Sunday can still be used on Saturday and anyone planning to attend the event should aim to arrive as early as possible to avoid any possible queues. The show opens at 9am with the biggest Air Show village ever offering plenty of entertainment on the ground. A spokesman for the event said: “Due to severe weather conditions forecast, the Southport Air show has been cancelled on the Sunday (September 15) only. â€Heavy rain and high winds are forecast on Sunday and Monday which has left the organisers with no option other than to call off the event. “Unfortunately we cannot control the weather and can only apologise to our customers for any inconvenience. â€The weather looks favourable on Saturday and the show will go ahead as planned with some fantastic aircraft lined up.“If people don't use their tickets for Saturday's show, details for any refunds will be made available on Monday via the visitsouthport website.â€Further details are available at www.visitsouthport.com

Posted

Health and weather permitting I am tempted to try and get to this Mark. What are parking and general facilities like please ?

Missed both you guys but the event was superb :good:

Not sure I'd spend £12k on an RC aircraft, although the Red Arrows duo display was very impressive

post-6667-0-22563900-1379312979_thumb.jp  post-6667-0-91646900-1379312910_thumb.jp

The level of engineering and attention to detail was what made it for me, stunning!

post-6667-0-94164500-1379312935_thumb.jp post-6667-0-43349800-1379312960_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Missed both you guys but the event was superb Posted Image

Not sure I'd spend £12k on an RC aircraft, although the Red Arrows duo display was very impressive

Posted Image13072011030.jpg  Posted Image13072011031.jpg

The level of engineering and attention to detail was what made it for me, stunning!

Posted Image13072011027.jpg Posted Image13072011029.jpg

We managed to tether on the Saturday evening around 6:30pm when the wind started to drop and had a nightglow on Saturday evening. Sunday morning was flyable although mist meant balloons didnt leave the airfield, though some tethered and hopped in the fog and mist! 

post-15543-0-39033600-1379340909_thumb.j

post-15543-0-80834700-1379340957_thumb.j

post-15543-0-56351100-1379341104_thumb.j

post-15543-0-96711600-1379341130_thumb.j

post-15543-0-63333100-1379341156_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Four more from Headcorn from me, the engineering on these fully working scale replicas is phenomenal:

post-6667-0-20141000-1379399738_thumb.jp post-6667-0-91183400-1379399615_thumb.jp 

post-6667-0-09893300-1379399645_thumb.jp post-6667-0-55417800-1379399685_thumb.jp