Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot and settled spell discussion and temperature reports July 2013

Posted

Yes true, I must say I've been feeling the same and wanting the highest temperatures possible given the sunshine has been nailed on for a few days now. I often find that in spells such as this, once the day arrives temperatures tend to end up higher than initially expected. I was looking at the charts from April 23 2011 when Heathrow reached 28C and the uppers for this spell look far more impressive. Maybe more of a continental flow back then but the continent wasn't very hot at all and it was April, not July!

Posted Image

Yeah, even though I may find the heat a bit too hot, the weather enthusiast part of me still want's it as hot as possible. That is quite an impressive high for the uppers on that chart, normally I think of a good ball park figure of the difference between 850hpa's and max temps being 15C, but this can vary and at times in the right conditions with sunny days/lightish winds it can be higher, think this could be one of those occasions under this big high pressure area.

I also find the temp a degree or two higher than forecast quite often in spells like this, more so with the GFS at least in recent years!

I like the ECM mean tonight with the high still holding on decently at 240hrs and uppers of 12C in the south.

Posted

I think talk of temps getting into the 30's is becoming a little less likely(although certainly not impossible) but what we should find is that whether your temperature is 22C or 28C, its going to be feeling quite humid. Personally I don't mind taking the former aslong it means a reasonably sunny day but don't mind experiencing the latter for a short while either.

The question for me is how sunny will this high be, Friday and Saturday looks good although cloud could be thicker across NW parts of Scotland on Saturday and Sunday could be quite cloudy across Northern areas but how much low cloud could there be once that slightly easterly drift starts coming into play.

All in all, the charts do look stunning for a lengthy dry and warm/sunny spell for the most part, there is always going to be one or two exceptions but hopefully it will be the exception rather than the rule. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still looking good for the West Midlands Region to record some of the highest temps along with parts of Eastern SW England, perhaps NW England, North Wales and Ireland.

I expect a 28-30c here, maybe somewhere may reach 31c.

Edited by Blizzards

I think 30C could quite easily be broken in some favoured spots, maybe 32 or 33C sould be broken in a very small number of places.

Regardless of the exact temperatures though, we have had to wait far too long for a decent spell of nice weather, so as long as it's sunny, I don't care on the exact temperatures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Ireland being the warmest place during a heatwave is like the south west of England being the snowiest place during a cold spell - it just ain't right! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Rowley Regis 31.5C lol..

Posted Image

Posted

If winds are indeed easterly or north easterly then I would expect some of the the highest temperatures to be on this part of the south coast (as was the case in June). So I would think that the Met Office stations at Solent, Southampton & Hurn would record at least 30C & possibly as high as 32C.

Posted

First indications by GFS of 27°C for some areas on Sunday, I think this may edge up a degree or two on the day so watch this space!

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted

There are already reports coming in of people wearing innapropriate shorts on the streets of Birmingham. Is it too late to appoint a 'summer clothes tzar' or should we follow Egypt's lead and instruct the military to enforce some dignity? Can't stand two weeks of wobbling white flesh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

There are already reports coming in of people wearing innapropriate shorts on the streets of Birmingham. Is it too late to appoint a 'summer clothes tzar' or should we follow Egypt's lead and instruct the military to enforce some dignity? Can't stand two weeks of wobbling white flesh.

I'm wearing my shorts and t-shirt today, it's very humid and it's 21C, give me a reason not to?

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

19 deg cloudy trying to rain........where is this heatwave ,maybe you are all conspiring to wind me up !!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Rapidly improving here after the murk and drizzle this morning it's breezy but feeling quite warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Away from the heat for a moment pollen levels from tomorrow will hit very high in many places from Hull south also reaching very high from Sunday will be Northern Ireland which is the highest on the UK scale so if you suffer from hay-fever this hot spell is going to be a nightmare for you

Posted

It's this magical month called summer, it tends to be warm..

I'm wearing my shorts and t-shirt today, it's very humid and it's 21C, give me a reason not to?

Think you've missed the (meant to be humourous) point, Backtrack. I'm not against wearing summer clothes, but, honestly, what's wrong with some stylish beige slacks, open toed sandals and a nice fprmal shirt - with rolled up sleeves of course. I'm sure you look lovely today, but some don't.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aye, but perhaps you don't own one of those 'fabulous' beer guts, that hangs down almost to the knees?Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

100% cloud cover now after a sunny morning. Still feeling rather warm and humid at 21.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Looks like no rain for the next 10 days here.

The GFS night time minima is looking quite high for southern Ireland at times. The minima forecast for Cork by next Monday already looks like holding in the mid teens, with a 17C minimum by Friday. Can probably stick another 2 or 3C on to that due to being in the city centre, so some uncomfortable nights to be had.

I need to get some more cash so I can at least enjoy the warm evening in a beer garden somewhere!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Think you've missed the (meant to be humourous) point, Backtrack. I'm not against wearing summer clothes, but, honestly, what's wrong with some stylish beige slacks, open toed sandals and a nice fprmal shirt - with rolled up sleeves of course. I'm sure you look lovely today, but some don't.  

A formal shirt is not fashionable in today's youth thats why young folk don't wear them

Posted

A formal shirt is not fashionable in today's youth thats why young folk don't wear them

Let me explain Gavin - I was trying to be lighthearted. Of course people can wear what they want to wear and of course some people look great in shorts- Mrs bringmesunshine for a start. Apologies for any offence caused. What was it Bob Monkhouse once said? 'everyone laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian...they're not laughing now'. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Wear what you like... as long as you're happy it ain't no one else business... Although I do think blokes walking around topless isn't really appropriate for the street. Perhaps if women were to do the same that'd make it better! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's going to be a fine spell of weather for being on the top deck of the bus...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Aye, but perhaps you don't own one of those 'fabulous' beer guts, that hangs down almost to the knees?Posted Image 

True - but this is also the season for women wearing things far too right for them and getting muffin tops as a result.

Please, everyone, only wear revealing clothes IF YOUR BODY PERMITS!! Posted Image

Edited by cheese

Posted

Look, if you're a well-stacked blonde with tumbling locks that's fine. If you're a fat,hairy guy that most certainly is not fine.