Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot and settled spell discussion and temperature reports July 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The best settled Summer spell since 2006 is about to begin. What will be the highest temperature and where will it be.

Its a bit drizzly here at the moment but very humid.

Posted

Just posted my thoughts (hopes?) in the Se/EA regional thread as follows:

I tend to look to the Medway Towns for the hottest reported temps, just because they hold records and seem to have consistency in that area for hot days. I'm thinking we may see 30°C early next week and I'd take a punt on Gravesend or Heathrow again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I'm thinking somewhere such as Doncaster may turn out to be one of the hot spots, places like Norwich (the usual suspects) may be right out of the picture regarding high temperatures due to that sea breeze.

Obviously places like London, Southampton and the south coast are probably likely to see the highest temperatures. A great set up for them, still looking good up north too, Birmingham & Manchester are looking toasty. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm thinking somewhere such as Doncaster may turn out to be one of the hot spots, places like Norwich (the usual suspects) may be right out of the picture regarding high temperatures due to that sea breeze.

Obviously places like London, Southampton and the south coast are probably likely to see the highest temperatures. A great set up for them, still looking good up north too, Birmingham & Manchester are looking toasty. Posted Image

Well, I'm quite happy to have 5C knocked off the temps; 22C, wall-to-wall sunshine and a refreshing breeze don't sound too bad...

Edited by A Boy Named Sue

Posted

Well, I'm quire happy to have 5C knocked off the temps; 22C, wall-to-wall sunshine and a refreshing breeze don't sound too bad...

It's all fine and dandy when you have the beach handy. For me it's a case of how high will it go, whilst you're on a beach, I'll be in the garden :( haha.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Im in 2 minds about this upcoming spell,while i welcome the dry sunny weather i know after a few days the heat will start to get to me.

Anyway my area should get into the mid 20's which i havent seen for awhile obviously not as warm as parts of britan but still warm enough to start getting on my nerves.

Edited by sundog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

expect to reach around 23c here which i'll be very happy about

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

anyone know when it starts because it doesn't look like it out there and how many of those highs come over for it drift away just 2 days later!

Posted

anyone know when it starts because it doesn't look like it out there and how many of those highs come over for it drift away just 2 days later!

Starts on Friday - this time it's different, excellent agreement now at this range for a longer lasting high, say over a 10-14 day period.

Posted

wouldn't be suprised to see 33-35c somewhere in the next two weeks, maybe even in my area (cambridgeshire), as long as the current output materialises 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I expect at least 30c here. We tend to be one of the warmest spots in the midlands.

Posted

I expect at least 30c here. We tend to be one of the warmest spots in the midlands.

Are you not living down in the SouthWest anymore could only imagine being down there would of been lovely :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Are you not living down in the SouthWest anymore could only imagine being down there would of been lovely Posted Image

Im back in the toasty Midlands for the holidays but I am actually going back to Cornwall for a few days next week and I COULDNT HAVE CHOSEN A BETTER WEEK!!! :D

Posted

Latest GFS is out as far as this time next week and has 25°C maxes all the way through, so 30°C in favoured spots could be achievable.

post-6667-0-15284600-1372851865_thumb.gi

Posted

Jo's done a blog about the upcoming fine & hot spell, it's impacts in terms of health and a look at the record temperatures seen in the UK

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=5270;sess=

Not sure I agree with it just lasting one week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

On the cusp of the best weather in seven years - really very very ready for this! Finally - windows open, shorts on, dinner outside, garden growing like crazy, no need to heat the greenhouse nor living room, pub beer gardens... A total feeling of the outdoors being just like indoors and the garden being like another room of the house. Freedom!

No doubt some will complain about the warmth but let 'em - heat (well warmth too) haters have been spoilt for a long time now. Time for warmth & sun lovers to get our precious 2 (maybe) weeks of weather pleasure - it won't be long before the cool, nasty stuff comes back anyway!

Posted

Not sure I agree with it just lasting one week!

That's ok then, as Jo said at least a week, not just a week.

The high pushes in on Friday 5th (start of school holidays for many in Scotland ) and hangs around for at least a week.

Posted

On the cusp of the best weather in seven years - really very very ready for this! Finally - windows open, shorts on, dinner outside, garden growing like crazy, no need to heat the greenhouse nor living room, pub beer gardens... A total feeling of the outdoors being just like indoors and the garden being like another room of the house. Freedom!

No doubt some will complain about the warmth but let 'em - heat (well warmth too) haters have been spoilt for a long time now. Time for warmth & sun lovers to get our precious 2 (maybe) weeks of weather pleasure - it won't be long before the cool, nasty stuff comes back anyway!

Damn I hope it delivers now Bottie, just gearing myself up for it from this thread alone. :good: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I guess the next big garden-related issue will be lack of rain...Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

At the moment this spell resembles more July 2005 to 2006 due to its positioning. I remember 2005's warm/hot spell was perfect - clear skies, unbroken sunshine, not much humidity and temperatures up and over the 30C mark. Really looking forward to this. If we can get some thunderstorms later in the period too that would be an added bonus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I would say 10-14 days would be a good estimate on the length of this settled spell and 30 degrees should be reached in places from time to time.

If Yarmouth ends up under thick low cloud and a nagging North Easterly wind I will be asking for a refund from the Azores high Posted Image

Posted

Really wished I hadn't clicked on this thread - just the thought of approaching heat and listening to all you lot getting (inappropriately) giddy about it is making me feel ill.  I do,genuinely,think you're all mad.