Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Opinions of June and marks out of 10.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Not overly wet like last June but completely thunderless again....yet another thunderless June to add to an ever lengthening sequence.

Not warm enough....too many days spoilt by cloud and wind.

Overall  a pretty meh month....will be quickly forgotten.

5/10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

a june without a 25c (here and in many places i suspect) is never going to score highly. early june had a very pleasant spell, but for early june it was below par. not too much rain, so im grateful for that! so 5/10, average.

Posted

Warmth score down to 3/10 after today, couldn't even reach 20C when the southeast did OK yet again.

Highest temp all month 22.5, would be poor for May.

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted

What can I say? A GORGEOUS warm spell at the start of the month, unfortunately been sunburnt a few times this month lol

Downers have been the two bad weekends of 15/16 and 22/23 - especially the latter - felt like a weekend in November. Not impressed with the 13th either - VERY windy day.

Overall - a decent month, perhaps the best summer month since August 2010. If it all comes true for July re: heatwave, we've a decent summer.

My ranking: 8/10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im giving it an 8.5/10. Lots of sunny spells. No real heat but plenty of days over 20c and a few very warm days. No disastrously wet days. Got to witness a fantastic, severe French import Thunderstorm in Falmouth. The first two weeksi n Cornwall btw were almost non stop sunshine and were a 10/10 for sure!!!

Posted

Quite a bland month for interesting weather. Started off fine and warm but followed by quite a few days of cool, cloudy and windy weather. Bit warmer and less windy in the last third of the month or so. No thunderstorms or particularly warm temperatures (two days reached 25C+) To give some credit though it was a dry month with only 17mm of rainfall.

5/10.

Posted

10/10 for the first ten days. Since then, there simply hasn't been enough sunshine and it's been too windy, too. Too many days of low and/or persistent cloud despite it not being too wet. I would've much preferred more days of sunshine + showers. I'm thankful for having nothing too hot. I'll go for 7/10.

Posted

A pretty poor month really. It was actually the coolest June here since 1997 and only four days reached 20C. While other areas were having a warm and sunny first third, it was the coldest first 10 days of June since 1991 here. Rainfall was close to average but sunshine was below average.

We did have a pretty exceptional thunderstorm on the 13th with a rainrate of 225mm/hr, the heaviest Ive ever recorded.

I would give it about 4.5/10 as there were lots of 'usable' days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

5/10, much better than June 2012 but far too much cloud, wind and below average temps for my liking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

5/10 Better than last year.

The 9 day pleasant spell at the start was more like 3 pleasant days and a bunch of cloudly cool days with occasional nice late afternoons in the East. However yesterday, the first really warm sunny day rescued it from a 4/10..

Posted
The best summer month since July 2006 which doesn't say much as it's the only one to have been sunnier and drier than average since then. There was only a very small surplus of sunshine - less than 10% above average - so will still be shaded as an average month on the Met Office maps.

The sunshine excess was largely down to the first 4 days when I was away getting rained on in Slovakia. From the 5th onwards it became increasingly cloudy with a lot of cool cloudy weather in the 2nd half. Cloud cover was more like a winter pattern i.e. either mostly overcast or mostly clear rather than more variable cover, you used to get in summer, due to a lack of W/SW winds and the familiar, for recent years, domination of N and E winds.

Given that temperatures were only average and it never reached 20C until the final day, with the wettest weather occurring at weekends I can only give 5/10. It's just not good enough and pathetic that this has been the sunniest June for 10 years yet the sunshine total was still below the 1921-50 averagePosted Image 
Edited by Richard2901