Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Coast

What Was The Last Song You Listened To? Part 4

Posted (edited)

Oasis never really keen on them, they`d come under the 90`s Britpop,there were a rock group though.

Now a real classic after the wurzels which is still a classic.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Memorable classic.

Now this is music they should make today.

14 hours ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Oasis never really keen on them, they`d come under the 90`s Britpop,there were a rock group though.

Now a real classic after the wurzels which is still a classic.

objectively though oasis were a good pop group... yes, pop group, how definitions have changed! lol.. in the 60's guitar based bands were called pop groups.. i guess they were 'soft rock'. britpop was just 60's music part 3 (part 2 was new wave).

of course guitar based groups today are called 'indie', which is nonsense as non of them are on independent record lables which was created by the punk generation to publish their different styles of music the big corporations wouldnt or would screw the artists over.

in saying that.... do you know which label was the biggest selling indie label in the 80's?..... pwl!!! yes stock aitken and watermans music was, by definition, indie! peter waterman limited was his record label he used for saw rubbish..

There are certainly indie bands about surely in the 90`s and 1 or two today, soft rock use to describe heart from the 80`s

Ah well this is a classic,maybe an indie band of the 80`s next.

depends which definition you use to describe 'indie' bands.. originally it was acts on independent record lables, these did tend to be guitar based bands often who were 'too cool' for pop music. over the years its become a term to describe guitar based bands that are a little bit more serious then pop groups.
yes the were independent labels in the 90's... tbh i couldnt tell you about today, but i strongly suspect not as pop music today is formulaic, contrived, corporate money driven businesses. ironically the very beasts that original indie labels were formed to by-pass.

True enough^^

Onto this new wave.

My new favourite song of the early 80`s,don`t remember hearing it back then.

But this is fantastic aswell.

2 hours ago, Snowyowl9 said:

True enough^^

Onto this new wave.

long wave classic

Just want to mention last Weekend's, Eurovision Song Contest. I'm old enough to remember the last time the Netherlands won with this annoying little ditty, in 1975 with a very typical Eurovision title, Ding A Dong:

As the Contest was held in Israel, I have to post this next song up. This is one of the better Eurovision songs, I've heard. I sat and watched the Contest(2005) with my ex.,  and we both picked this out as our favourite to win. And not just because of "that" dress, although it is pretty "fetching"!! Here is Israel's gorgeous Shiri Maymon❤️:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Oooh when did I first see these.

19 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Just want to mention last Weekend's, Eurovision Song Contest. I'm old enough to remember the last time the Netherlands won with this annoying little ditty, in 1975 with a very typical Eurovision title, Ding A Dong:

As the Contest was held in Israel, I have to post this next song up. This is one of the better Eurovision songs, I've heard. I sat and watched the Contest(2005) with my ex.,  and we both picked this out as our favourite to win. And not just because of "that" dress, although it is pretty "fetching"!! Here is Israel's gorgeous Shiri Maymon❤️:

Regards,

Do you remember this tune,one of my favourites for that year in school during 1985 in the UK.

19 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

i posted 'ding a dong' in the eurovision thread a week ago... great euro choon!

Too Good To Be Forgotten.

Posted (edited)

You'll all be ecstatic to learn that Katie Price is about to relaunch her 'singing' career!:help:😭

Edited by Ed Stone

Oh ell above.

Hidden gem.

14 hours ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Too Good To Be Forgotten.

a much better version then the dreadful stylistics original..