Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ideal chase conditions the next few days

Posted

Hoping to round up a posse in the coming day or two for a chase down to the south-coast, a bit of a last-minute thing as these things are but i'm able to bring the usual camera gear, camping equipment, and acessories if anyone is thinking along similar lines of getting a small chase-group going for the MCS systems expected from today onwards into Thurs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I was planning on heading down the south coast tonight although I am undecided now. It is always a gamble with continental storms, there is so much that can go wrong. However, if things don't go wrong they can give some of the best lightning displays this country gets to see. On Wednesday, my guess is the south Midlands into East Anglia may be as far as you need to go.

Posted

Its very much going to be a hit or miss event with the best prospects being in a 'box' from the Midlands southwards, past experience has shown that the shield from these storms is almost always the Pennines so i'm not getting my hopes up too much about seeing anything other than surface-based convection.

Personally i'd go with the advice of a few here and wait for the plume to edge in just that ever northwards, chase (and cost) wise it's easier making use of the Motorway system going from Cambridge to Shropshire with options to go in almost any direction at a moments notice. I have a couple of quid spare so just edging my bets on where to rough it out from Milton Keynes to Cheltenham I have my eye on, if the high-based stuff misses then there's another good day or two's chance of catching some surface based activity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

I'm on the south coast so if anybody Travels down please pm me as I would like to meet up

I have my camera on charge and all my fingers crossed

Come mother nature, do your bit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Perfect 'wild goose chase' conditions? 

• 1 month later...
Posted

Perhaps a good time to re-awaken this topic ?

The prospects for the next few days look quite reasonable, and I am willing to drive 50-60 miles or so to witness a half decent storm. If anyones interested let me know here or PM me. Posted Image

Perhaps a good time to re-awaken this topic ? The prospects for the next few days look quite reasonable, and I am willing to drive 50-60 miles or so to witness a half decent storm. If anyones interested let me know here or PM me. :good:

Let's hope that doesn't include the Channel tunnel lol..Good-luck all! happy chasing, above all stay safe. Best chance(s) we've had for literally years for some.