Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Urgent advice please, going to Benidorm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Ok, I'm flying out tomorrow from Southend airport for a week in benni, has anyone been there and is there actually anything to do apart from amaze at the skyscraper hotels and hen/stag do's down the local strip?

Me and wife, both in our 50's but still young if you know what I mean.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

drink....

...er thats it, then the after effects normally sort out the rest.

Posted

Benidorm reminds me of Blackpool without the piers and pleasure beach

This may help you - http://www.benidormist.com/benidorm-things-to-do.asp

That's very helpful thank you, and Jax, I'm sure there will be plenty of beer, we're all inclusive, the only problem, is only having one mouth!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

That's very helpful thank you, and Jax, I'm sure there will be plenty of beer, we're all inclusive, the only problem, is only having one mouth!!

I am fully confident you will manage it OK. 

Enjoy your holiday Posted Image

Posted

I am fully confident you will manage it OK. 

Enjoy your holiday Posted Image

Thanks Jax, looking to get some supercell pics over France. I prefer to observe the weather than have it burning my sorry ass, will report back hopefully if I have anything to say!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Erm why on earth would you want to go there Posted Image

The Mediterranean is just one big cess pit isn't it (in terms of the actual sea I mean)?

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Erm why on earth would you want to go there Posted Image

Not sure really. have a good hotel, all inclusive but haven't been there before. Just seemed to be a bit of a change from majorca/costa del sol/canaries.greek islands

Posted

Not sure really. have a good hotel, all inclusive but haven't been there before. Just seemed to be a bit of a change from majorca/costa del sol/canaries.greek islands

Hope you have a good holiday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

you'll have to watch out for the 3 times a night muggings, incessant drug pushers, the tramps who doss outside the hotel lobby stinking of vomit and stale sangria and the cross-dressing freaks who ooze STD'S from their very pores.... who all can barely speak English.......still, that's enough about your fellow Brits out there also on holiday, the locals are far more civilized!......have a good holiday!

Posted Image

Posted

you'll have to watch out for the 3 times a night muggings, incessant drug pushers, the tramps who doss outside the hotel lobby stinking of vomit and stale sangria and the cross-dressing freaks who ooze STD'S from their very pores.... who all can barely speak English.......

Posted Image

So you have been to Crewe then?

Posted

you'll have to watch out for the 3 times a night muggings, incessant drug pushers, the tramps who doss outside the hotel lobby stinking of vomit and stale sangria and the cross-dressing freaks who ooze STD'S from their very pores.... who all can barely speak English.......still, that's enough about your fellow Brits out there also on holiday, the locals are far more civilized!......have a good holiday!

Posted Image

AJ, you nearly had me then until I read the 'fellow brits' bit. I'm gonna avoid anyone that sounds Geordie/Scottish/Irish cos they all seem to be unhinged! Bleach blondes and fake tans are to be avoided as they are probably of the Essex variety. Bloated brits wearing England football shirts are equally to be swerved, not to mention the idiots wearing union jack baseball caps even though they have no idea of what baseball is. I'm going to Spain to enjoy the Spanish culture, I must be a weirdo and possibly out of my depth as my destination appears to be Blackpool in the sun!!

Posted

. I'm going to Spain to enjoy the Spanish culture

You'll struggle to find that in places like Benidorm or any other of the party resorts. A lot of it is British culture, littered with British themed pubs and clubs.....in a 'kiss me quick' kind of fashion -Just in a hotter country. There was a plethora of other places to visit in Spain if you wanted to soak up the true Spanish culture. It most likely would have cost you a bit more though.

Personally I wouldn't touch places like Ibiza, Benidorm etc etc with a 3 mile long barge pole....but that's just me as I'm not into that scene at all. I'm sure you'll have a brill time!

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

You'll struggle to find that in places like Benidorm or any other of the party resorts. A lot of it is British culture, littered with British themed pubs and clubs.....in a 'kiss me quick' kind of fashion -Just in a hotter country. There was a plethora of other places to visit in Spain if you wanted to soak up the true Spanish culture. It most likely would have cost you a bit more though.

Personally I wouldn't touch places like Ibiza, Benidorm etc etc with a 3 mile long barge pole....but that's just me as I'm not into that scene at all. I'm sure you'll have a brill time!

I managed it last year in Torremolinos. The Butterfly park and the Budhist temple were two of my intended destinations. We did them plus a lot more. We spent our evenings at our hotel, chatting with brits and taking in the entertainment. We also managed to escape the tourist routes and found plenty of local shops. It all depends on what you're looking for. Last year at Torremolinos we were there during the Euro 2012 final, of course we cheered on the Spanish who won the tournament. You couldn't wish to meet a finer bunch of people, I won't forget that night for a long time!.

I think the stigma to certain resorts is all relative. If you're club 18-30 then you look for partying all night long. During the day the old gits (like me) come out and we find what we have come for!

Posted

I love Benidorm, although I haven't been during what might be called "high season". Prefer September & October, when it's quieter & not so hot, but still lively & fun. Approach it with an open mind & you'll have fun & like Blackpool, if you don't want to be involved with the stag & hen parties, there are plenty of quieter spots. Don't expect masses of spanish culture though, it isn't there. Surprisingly though, it is popular with the Spanish, who view it as a bit of an oddity! I think all-inclusive is a bit of a waste there though. The beer & food is so cheap outside of the hotels that you won't be gaining much, we rarely spend more than about 25 euros a day & certainly aren't tea total!

If you fancy a day out, Valencia is nearby & a real gem. Much nicer than Barcelona in my opinion. Just enjoy it for what it is, don't be sniffy & let yourself go a bit!

Urgent? Why urgent...LOL it's allegedly a holiday...not a trip to partake in key hole surgery.I think. :)

Anyway bit late now if somebody says...don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhhh,,,...nooooohhhhhhh!?!?@&£

Edited by triple_x1

Posted

I've only seen the TV series and that scares me!

Well, I was only being very tongue-in-cheek in my earlier repertoire, which can sometimes be misread and or misguided..lol.

Never been to the Costas etc., I'm sure that any telly programme, comedy etc wouldn't necessarily depict the reality - as for documentary, hmmm hey Coast did you see that crime watch thingy the other day LOL filmed in benni. :)

Enjoy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Ok, I'm flying out tomorrow from Southend airport for a week in benni, has anyone been there and is there actually anything to do apart from amaze at the skyscraper hotels and hen/stag do's down the local strip?

Me and wife, both in our 50's but still young if you know what I mean.

I tried to get to Peacock Island (3 miles off Benidorm) on a lilo when on a 18-30s holiday back in the late 1980s. Out at sea for 5 hrs and didn't make it, so wouldn't recommend that. Quite drunk when I set off very sober when I got back to shore at 11pm, missed the Pirates night I think and the great song

Everywhere we go people want to know

Who we are , shall we tell them

were '18-30s Benidorm etc

and the 'its £20 if you throw up on the coach, happy times

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I assume your joking Benidorm is quite different to the 1980's and Ibiza is Island with some beautiful quite places. Assume you have never been to either ?

ps Kiss me quick is 1970s lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hope you have a smashing holiday, W&D. And I hope the weather is good with perhaps a decent thunder storm. :)

Posted

W&D ignore some of the comments on here.

My wife and I are also in our early 50s and we've been going for around 10 years now with bro-in-law and sis-in-law.

It does exactly what it says on the tin.

Go with an open mind and just have a good time.

The promenade and beach are beautiful; spotlessly clean.

The strip on a night is v lively but good fun and entertainment provides something for all tastes. It can get quite raucus but is usually fine.

If u fancy something more Spanish on an evening just head for the old town.

Enjoy and be damned. We'll be going back next year for a long weekend.