Jump to content

Recommended Posts

No problems with self isolation today.

C

96920615_688727621950695_1598370352629547008_o.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forest bathing earlier in the week. Not this weekend, quite a change in temperature. Snowing at 2000m .

 C

99423923_3033787543382633_8533883048289107968_n.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice picture of the lake this morning before the clouds rolled in again. 

C

101024807_3087232828009003_7104694786048655360_o.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Nice picture of the lake this morning before the clouds rolled in again. 

C

101024807_3087232828009003_7104694786048655360_o.jpg

Absolutely stunning, I notice it's not as wintry looking as an earlier photo you posted, but still beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Absolutely stunning, I notice it's not as wintry looking as an earlier photo you posted, but still beautiful.

The summit of the snow covered peak in the back ground is around 2200m. The lake is 1350m. Still plenty of snow patches remaining at around 1800m.

C

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At long last the sun and warmth makes an appearance for a couple of days here in the Eastern Alps. Not sure how long it will last though ?

C

101717368_3102943523104600_5463384157847552000_o.jpg

102623179_3102943516437934_2249750620363816960_o.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At long last summer has arrived in these parts. A Sunday lunch cheeky pint on the terrace.

C

78535304_3339133569438472_8431741141185135916_n.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/06/2020 at 13:04, carinthian said:

At long last summer has arrived in these parts. A Sunday lunch cheeky pint on the terrace.

C

78535304_3339133569438472_8431741141185135916_n.jpg

Has been the best week of the summer so far. Heat building and the odd thunderstorm thrown in as well. Reached 33c in the valley and 23 c in the village this afternoon. Time for a few early evening beers after watching the Austrian crash out GP !

C

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carinthian said:

Has been the best week of the summer so far. Heat building and the odd thunderstorm thrown in as well. Reached 33c in the valley and 23 c in the village this afternoon. Time for a few early evening beers after watching the Austrian crash out GP !

C

Will the weather next weekend do anything to differentiate this weekends GP to the re-run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, York-snow said:

Will the weather next weekend do anything to differentiate this weekends GP to the re-run?

Looks sunny and warm again next weekend. Maybe , a cooler flow from the NE but a very warm spot this location on the sunny lee side of Eastern Alps.  Sure be a exiting race. Nice to see the British team get on the ( podium ) as so to speak.

C

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, carinthian said:

Has been the best week of the summer so far. Heat building and the odd thunderstorm thrown in as well. Reached 33c in the valley and 23 c in the village this afternoon. Time for a few early evening beers after watching the Austrian crash out GP !

C

Hope you're enjoying your good weather, having a cool and wet start to July here, hopefully it wont be a repeat of July 2019, where the North West had unprecedented amounts of rainfall, caused all sorts of chaos with flooding, which led to the crisis in Whaley Bridge when the dam of the reservoir became critically unsafe and the town was evacuated the beginning of August.  Seems like yesterday,  still time though for July to pick up.  Stay safe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Hope you're enjoying your good weather, having a cool and wet start to July here, hopefully it wont be a repeat of July 2019, where the North West had unprecedented amounts of rainfall, caused all sorts of chaos with flooding, which led to the crisis in Whaley Bridge when the dam of the reservoir became critically unsafe and the town was evacuated the beginning of August.  Seems like yesterday,  still time though for July to pick up.  Stay safe.

Yes, have noticed a worsening of the summer weather in Northwest England. I  hope the excessive rainfall totals ease for you. Seems to be an increasing trend for you guys in that region. The summer has arrived a bit later than normal over here but turning very warm or hot now. Hopefully, you should start to tap into some of the continental warmth, maybe next week ?

C

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the lake side high above the village,The Almrausch is in full bloom.

C

107145891_3189551701110448_7324540809162444265_o.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, carinthian said:

At the lake side high above the village,The Almrausch is in full bloom.

C

107145891_3189551701110448_7324540809162444265_o.jpg

Quite a change from earlier today. Cold front pushing through brought rain and quite a drop in temp. Currently 5c with a brisk northerly. Yesterday 33 c in the valley and now only 11c.

 C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2020 at 08:47, carinthian said:

At long last the sun and warmth makes an appearance for a couple of days here in the Eastern Alps. Not sure how long it will last though ?

C

101717368_3102943523104600_5463384157847552000_o.jpg

102623179_3102943516437934_2249750620363816960_o.jpg

Looks absolutely beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/07/2020 at 20:18, carinthian said:

Quite a change from earlier today. Cold front pushing through brought rain and quite a drop in temp. Currently 5c with a brisk northerly. Yesterday 33 c in the valley and now only 11c.

 C

That is some drop! 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • High pressure this weekend but will it last?

    High pressure is taking charge of the weather this weekend, bringing lots of sunshine and increasing warmth. Will it last though? Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

    Michael Fish: Fine weekend coming up

    Michael Fish presents his latest weekly weather forecast looking ahead to the weekend and into next week. Watch the video here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...