Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted

Ok so now I am VERY confused. Looking on that model thread It looks like the ecm and ukmo are back on board but then we have negative people saying oh only a two day spell and then others saying. High pressure building in but still cold!

Wtf someone should actually tell them to be consistent with what its showing because its very hard to work out reality.

Posted

Don't know what them ones are going on about. The latest gfs has me over -10c uppers from tbursday thru to saturday. Although it does only last two days which is pretty super dupere tbb.

Don't know what them ones are going on about. The latest gfs has me over -10c uppers from thursday thru to saturday. Although it does only last two days which is pretty super dupere tbb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

06z GFS looking pretty good after a tasty ECM. The trend in clearly there now, which is the important thing when looking for cold spells at 5+ days away.

• Like 2

Posted

Someone should open a NORTHERN uk model output forum because there ain't no scots or anything of the sort in that thread so it isn't giving a true picture. Even looking at the timeframe they are talking about the cold coming in 204 hours when it actually reaches me in 162 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Cold spell runs from 6th december onwards the whole way to the end of the run iwth no higher than -7c uppers! Woop woop

No point getting too excited for something that far away, it will have changed on the next run.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

The weather has been in very boring mode of late, i really hope the good charts showing up on the models come to fruition to liven things up. Too early to tell but it does look like some sort of northerly outbreak will occer later next week,it might not amount to much and be nothing more then a glancing blow for us with the main cold heading into europe but im hopefull things will work in our favour.

In early Dec 1990 we had a potent cold snap which lasted for a few days.

post-6445-0-93472800-1385725429_thumb.gi

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

The weather has been in very boring mode of late, i really hope the good charts showing up on the models come to fruition to liven things up. Too early to tell but it does look like some sort of northerly outbreak will occer later next week,it might not amount to much and be nothing more then a glancing blow for us with the main cold heading into europe but im hopefull things will work in our favour.

In early Dec 1990 we had a potent cold snap which lasted for a few days.

I concur sundog, this weather is very boring.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

I concur sundog, this weather is very boring.Posted Image

Yes indeed nothing worse then the cloudy HP that we have had to endure of late with dull skies and little temp variation ,i love clear HP especially at this time of yr giving frosty weather but a cloudy one is as boring as it can get.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Once again a great day to be working outside 

Posted

Definitely a good looking run and a bit of an upgrade from this mornings runs! Loads more runs needed but and plenty of time for things to go T I T S up but this time next week we could be having our first proper snow fall of the the winter!

Posted

Yes it will actually lie this time not like last weeks major fail. Ewgh, never again.

Hopefully we get a big clutter of showers and the snow gets to a decent depth.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

Yes it will actually lie this time not like last weeks major fail. Ewgh, never again.

Hopefully we get a big clutter of showers and the snow gets to a decent depth.

Would like to see all get a bit of a covering even West CorkPosted Image  Last week was not a major fail for me as we had lying snow here, hipefully it works out for you this time FJ

Posted

Would like to see all get a bit of a covering even West CorkPosted Image  Last week was not a major fail for me as we had lying snow here, hipefully it works out for you this time FJ

Yea and your like 200m... Most folk don't even live above 50m...

Posted

Indeed Ronan have a good feel about this too - reading the Scottish forum and it looks interesting.

True FJ at least you don't get blown to bits by constant wind like I do here even on a fl i pping summers dayPosted Image

Edited by Pomeroysnow

Posted

Yes the scottish forum is good. Think they are more realistic and tbh our weather is basically the same as theirs except up in shetlands and north of scotland.

Think if this continues we would get a good covering of snow. But its a full week away, we need to have the cold spell showing up everyday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

things are looking up 

i constantly get blasted by wind here too unfortunately it blows straight in the front door lol. 

• Like 1

Posted

Smithy we might have as wet weather as Scotland but definitely not as cold! They definitely have more days of lying snow than here further south and west!