Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted

If that happened we'd get ice days and where I live it would probably snow constantly with massive heavy showers. Its really hard to imagine what it could be like with a 24c difference.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

I really can't help but get exited about what the charts are showing! If these come off then there could be loads of snow!! Big upgrade on the 18z! Why are you all so quiet?

Prob learning to be a bit contained after so many failures in the past Ronan, anywa after having no internet for a week I was binging mself on music sports and cough cough stuffPosted Image

Posted

It will def shift east. I don't expect to much from this. Cold yes, snow? Very little by the time it's in the reliable.

Posted

There will be upgrades, downgrades, eastgrades and Westgrades!! Lol! It always happens! Nothing will confirm until Monday/Tuesday and even at that stage there can and will be changes! Have learned not to get to caught up on things after all the let downs that we have had before!! Knowing our luck it will probably be fill on zonal south Westerlies by next Friday!

Posted

I have a bad feeling it might Pom.

It always does and the irritating thing is that we are closer to greenland than stupid Germany and Denmark so it should be going to us and not them.

There will be upgrades, downgrades, eastgrades and Westgrades!! Lol! It always happens! Nothing will confirm until Monday/Tuesday and even at that stage there can and will be changes! Have learned not to get to caught up on things after all the let downs that we have had before!! Knowing our luck it will probably be fill on zonal south Westerlies by next Friday!

Actually based on the last cold spell which shifted at the last minute we should wait to thursday.
  • Like 1

Posted

We might be close to Greenland but we have the Gulf Stream and the big bad Atlantic to deal with!! We are the reason why mainland Europe have cold snowy winters! We are like our friend the Greenland block to them!!

Posted

I reckon the 12z is way off and over doing things!(Just my opinion) Plenty more runs needed and i really think that the next few runs will be on the right track again! I think the 12z op run was over doing things big time! We shall see! MS i see your spending alot of time in the model thread and i know you know allot more that most of us know about the models so how about posting a wee bit more in here and explain some things to us about what the models are showing. Would be really helpful as its normally Watcher that does the explaining to us! Lol. Never no technical stuff in here any more. Even though i don't understand most of it,it is a real help for someone to explain things.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I never ever get excited until at least 48 hrs.

All FI to me is a bit of fun and for the wind up posting that goes on in the model thread - best ignored, I never knew we had so many people who could predict the weather with such perfection they all must work for the Met OfficePosted Image

Posted

As if the met office are always right. 

They are so gullible, they take posters such as Gibby and Fergie at face value as if the have some sort of time glass or something.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

Ugh thats fab. Think we've had enough of crappy 'cold' spells like that. Sure what use is that to someone who doesn't live on the coast, they might not even see any snow falling!

We need to catch ourselves on and take a look at what is actually useful to us. i.e a week of constant cold.

And it always gets me how both models can suddenly switch like that? Its so irritating.

Posted

Don't despair, there are many more runs to come. That's one possible scenario which may or may not be the correct one. As to Ronan's idea of some tekkie explanations, I think this would be great if someone could do it. Where's Su Campu? I start to get to grips with something then forget it and am sure of nothing but would love to learn more.

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry guys I'm not a Trekkie but even if next weeks snow event doesn't come off I'm sure we'll get a snow event at some stage in December, everything looks set up for repeated attempts at northerly outbreaks. Hey and what better expert than Santa Shaker thinks we'll get snow for Christmas :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Just looked at 12z. Seriously how on earth can it change from THAT to that in like 1 run? Seems a bit over the top. 

Ah ! the power of meditation ...