Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

Its a bit foggy tonight at 4c. Ugh.. So  boring, I suppose it  could be worse and be like 12c constantly, the frosts are nice. Although last night it only made it to 2c because it got cloudy. 

Judging by today's Farming Weatherline outlook it could be a case of one step forward and two back for those seeking anything cold in the short to medium term. 

This is clearly highlighted by these two charts.

To be fair and as pointed out by meteorologist Evelyn Cusack, precise details could change. Think this was made more as a reference to how next weekend might pan out.

post-17830-0-00517500-1385310160_thumb.p

post-17830-0-66767900-1385310186_thumb.p

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been quietly keeping an eye on things the past few days and i think that our next cold shot will be around the 6th December and could be quite a bit more substanial that the cold blip that we are currently having! 

PS. I have no time for RTE forecasts as the forecasters bore me to death!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Its like summer in here!!! Dead!! Winter hasn't even started and you are all giving up already!Posted Image  I reckon something really interesting is going to happen in the next couple of weeks and reckon over the next week the models will start picking up on this! Well i am hoping they do so that our little Irish thread livens up a bit!Posted Image

Its like summer in here!!! Dead!! Winter hasn't even started and you are all giving up already!Posted Image  I reckon something really interesting is going to happen in the next couple of weeks and reckon over the next week the models will start picking up on this! Well i am hoping they do so that our little Irish thread livens up a bit!Posted Image

I read every few hours for updates but don't have much insight myself. Seems it only really livens up in here when its about 72 hours for a chance to snow or get really cold :D 

• Like 1

I don't not after the last cold spell lol. The sea temps have suddenly risen by 1.3c aswell in one day. So that isn't very good either, we really need to get some proper cold air in to cool it down i.e -12c uppers.

Edited by smithyweather

All very downbeat in here! I think people are looking too far ahead! In the Short term I still think we will have a good blast of cold air from the north starting around the 5th. Don't really care at the minute what happens after that.

All very downbeat in here! I think people are looking too far ahead! In the Short term I still think we will have a good blast of cold air from the north starting around the 5th. Don't really care at the minute what happens after that.

Agreed. And a cold and possibly snowy blast this early in the winter is a bonus.

• Like 1

Still looking good this morning folks but it still is a long way off! The thing that I like about this is that the models have been consistent in showing a northerly outbreak! It could upgrade or it could downgrade! Who knows but an interesting week coming up!

No its not. The seas are still warm and it is the same kind of uppers as the last cold spell which lasted about 1 day and only brought a glace of lying snow to ground above 150m. We want a cold spell that will bring lying snow right down to the beach. With snow lasting more than 1 day. These two day crappy affairs are boring and a waste of my time.

I'm fed up of accepting northerlys as brilliant. They are simply rubbish, every winter should be like 2010. (Which is below -10c uppers)

Edited by smithyweather

Think Smithy got out of the wrong side of bed this morn. This is ireland not Russia! We don't get contstant long hard summers. They are quite often 2-3 day wintry outbreaks. I will take anything. It's all a bonus in this island.

Long hard winters I meant

• Like 1

No. Just fed up with people hyping up stuff on the model thread when we all know that a two day affair is rubbish and pointless, I am also fed up of moderated cold spells with 2 and 3c highs which is of course too warm for the snow to lie.

Edited by smithyweather

fed up reading that folks are ... fed up . This is is november and my little nature reserve is a-buzz with hundreds of birds and flocks of foreigners dropping in .I probably have 50 robins all with a little territory . Every robin for miles around died during the 2010 winter . I'm happy that nature is happy . Why not get out and enjoy what is ! Spent a few days walking in Inishowen last week .. more colour and drama than a hot summer or ice under foot would offer . 

• Like 1