Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted

Hows it going Baltic. You certainly do. Model outputs have been fantastic for the time of year but the GFS is throwing a bit of a wobbler tonight. It is the pub run so i'm not worrying to much at the minute! Also right out at the end of the run this is showing! Hmmmmm

post-1251-0-62253900-1384383546_thumb.pn

Edited by ronan

Posted

Sorry Frosty did i once say that it wasn't showing snow for Monday and Tuesday night?? Maybe if you took the time to have a look at the model thread instead of jumping the gun then you would know what i meant by it taking a wobbler. It is struggling to keep the cold locked it while the Euros want to keep the cold. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Fairly wet and mild here today, although last night was very clear and reasonably chilly. Looking forward to some interesting weather towards the end of the month hopefully (not that we'll be getting that much down here). I'd say high ground in the north and east should fare well if the cold snap comes to fruition, perhaps even lower levels may see some of the white stuff if we're lucky. :)

Edited by snowstorm445
  • Like 1

Posted

Fairly wet and mild here today, although last night was very clear and reasonably chilly. Looking forward to some interesting weather towards the end of the month hopefully (not that we'll be getting that much down here). I'd say high ground in the north and east should fare well if the cold snap comes to fruition, perhaps even lower levels may see some of the white stuff if we're lucky. :)

Sorry snow is CERTAIN at low levels. -9c uppers! I don't think so!

Posted

Its hard to get Snow in Cork especially South West Cork, lets hope you see some snowstorm, its not a party unless everyone is involvedPosted Image

Well we all know you as Frosty so you may change it back to what it used to be.

Frostyjoe Posted Image

Liking the models shown by you Ronan, hopefully more the same todayPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Frostyjoe is far more appropriate, and we'll keep calling you it regard less.

Slight model wobble this morning in terms of the longevity of the cold spell, but still looking good for some early season snow next week.

• Like 1

Posted

Frostyjoe is far more appropriate, and we'll keep calling you it regard less.Slight model wobble this morning in terms of the longevity of the cold spell, but still looking good for some early season snow next week.

As always we have the wobbles MS, we will just enjoy the cold spell next week and fingers crossed for more future one, I fancy a reload from the 24/11 onwards!!

Posted

Depends on what he's smoking today! Posted Image

The GFS6z is good so far, in fact better than the 00z during the night… Let's just see what this evening's ECM does though. Interesting day or 2 ahead for model watching!

• Like 2

Posted

Is it my imagination or did I have a post disapear?

Anyhow, pretty stunning early winter weather on offer next week. Initially the North west, North and North East of the Island to benefit but tentative signs that that winds will become more North Easterly giving Eastern counties more of a chance later in the week.

Now obviously it is still mid November so a bit of height and darkness will benefit more and I can't see those right on the coast getting much.

Some hard frosts on offer as well across the Island, snow or no snow.

• Like 1

Posted

Not sure about your post disapearing MS but the models are certainly tasty! Really looking forward to the 12z now! Hopefully this won't all go T I T S up as we have seen in previous years but with all major models mostly in agreement then i think we are in for something very wintry! It will be a tense few days! This is model watching at its best!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

looks like the snow might be downgrading and i'm going to miss it Posted Image

Edited by gary1365

Posted

WHAT!!

looks like the snow might be downgrading and i'm going to miss it Posted Image

Its amazing how cold its going to be. The cold spell keeps getting upgraded now running from Monday night to Friday.

Posted Image

Tuesday Max 2c!!

Posted Image

Tuesday Dews

Posted Image

Snow!!

Posted Image

-8c uppers.

Posted Image

515dam!

Posted Image

0c isotherm is sub 500m

Posted Image

2c max again on Wednesday

Posted Image

2c max again on Thursday.

Snow will fall everywhere there will be no problem with the precipitation type. If the snow lies I can't see it melting either. So it is very very exciting.

Not one bit of a downgrade and the best we could possibly get to be honest. 

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

i must be reading the charts wrong then lol. i am a complete newb i suppose.

really windy on the coast here took a walk around a few spots on the north coast there. the waves are big enough that i got hit by alot of water on the path on ramore head. only a few of the really big waves are reaching that high.

• Like 1