Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

9c out and pretty wet. Not really that windy, but this is better than the mild crap we had a few weeks ago.

I think what we are having now is actually a bit below average. I don't really think there will be any mild weather after this and i'm actually glad that we are getting this now rather than in January. To be honest, I think that by the end of November it will cooled down considerably, because no matter how mild it is eventually it has to subside especially with nights getting longer and everywhere else cooling down. So I would say just wait a few more weeks. Folk on the model forum love to say 'no cold in sight for weeks' but most of the time they end up being wrong because the cold comes up out of nowhere and that is usually what happens with a pattern change - it comes up when you least expect it. So i'd pay no heed to what they say, not that they can really predict the weather for three weeks out with any confidence anyway. 

Edited by smithyweather
  • Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The models certainly aren't indicating any cold at the moment, with a mix of average and above average days. If we are to see a pattern change, the signs generally begin to appear at the t144 to t192 range, the odd time a little further out.

No hint of it at the moment though.

Feels fairly chilly out this morning in the breeze ,current temp 7.0c. Last nights low 4.7c one of the cooler nights  of this autumn so far.  One of the few mornings were it actually feels like autumn.

It has been a very blustery day today with some heavy showers. Today was the coldest max ive recorded so far this Autumn 10.4c. Last nights low was the coldest ive recorded this Autumn 3.0c.

Current temp 6.1c ,clear and still blustery. Certainly feels chilly out in that wind.

Bitterly cold today especially in the showers. Last night I brought the dogs for a walk at 12am and there was a good crisp grass frost and ice on the cars!

I am looking forward to this winter, following the threads on NW there seems to be just as much going for a cold winter as against ...exciting times ahead :)

Lovely jogging weather, with regards to the winter and reading the model forums it is always best to remember that there is a south east england bias when posters are claiming prolonged cold or mild.

As far as I am concerned we hae not been mild these past 5 days quite cool in matter of fact!!

The last few days definatley have had a more proper autumnal feel.

A lovely clear morning here,temp 7.3c.  Last nights low 3.9c

The front giving rain to the south,its like the very edge of frontal cloud is right over me. When i look out my Kitchen which is south facing its looks cloudy outside,when i look out my sitting room which is north facing its clear. Looks like this is as far north as the frontal cloud will get before it clears off southwards then hopefully i will get my first frost of the season.

Edited by sundog