Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted

Its like summer in here!!! Dead!! Winter hasn't even started and you are all giving up already!Posted Image  I reckon something really interesting is going to happen in the next couple of weeks and reckon over the next week the models will start picking up on this! Well i am hoping they do so that our little Irish thread livens up a bit!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Its like summer in here!!! Dead!! Winter hasn't even started and you are all giving up already!Posted Image  I reckon something really interesting is going to happen in the next couple of weeks and reckon over the next week the models will start picking up on this! Well i am hoping they do so that our little Irish thread livens up a bit!Posted Image

I read every few hours for updates but don't have much insight myself. Seems it only really livens up in here when its about 72 hours for a chance to snow or get really cold :D 

• Like 1

Posted

I don't not after the last cold spell lol. The sea temps have suddenly risen by 1.3c aswell in one day. So that isn't very good either, we really need to get some proper cold air in to cool it down i.e -12c uppers.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

Boring boring boring! Wish I lived in Eastern US at min! All sorts going on. Our weather and charts a complete borefest to be honest! Can't see it changing anytime soon either!

Posted

That's what happens when you live in a temperate climate! 

Oiche mhaith!

• Like 1

Posted

All very downbeat in here! I think people are looking too far ahead! In the Short term I still think we will have a good blast of cold air from the north starting around the 5th. Don't really care at the minute what happens after that.

Posted

All very downbeat in here! I think people are looking too far ahead! In the Short term I still think we will have a good blast of cold air from the north starting around the 5th. Don't really care at the minute what happens after that.

Agreed. And a cold and possibly snowy blast this early in the winter is a bonus.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm not too concerned by cold yet but these dull sky's r driving me mad we're going to miss the "comet of the century" if this continues!

Posted

Still looking good this morning folks but it still is a long way off! The thing that I like about this is that the models have been consistent in showing a northerly outbreak! It could upgrade or it could downgrade! Who knows but an interesting week coming up!

Posted

No its not. The seas are still warm and it is the same kind of uppers as the last cold spell which lasted about 1 day and only brought a glace of lying snow to ground above 150m. We want a cold spell that will bring lying snow right down to the beach. With snow lasting more than 1 day. These two day crappy affairs are boring and a waste of my time.

I'm fed up of accepting northerlys as brilliant. They are simply rubbish, every winter should be like 2010. (Which is below -10c uppers)

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

Think Smithy got out of the wrong side of bed this morn. This is ireland not Russia! We don't get contstant long hard summers. They are quite often 2-3 day wintry outbreaks. I will take anything. It's all a bonus in this island.

Long hard winters I meant

• Like 1

Posted

No. Just fed up with people hyping up stuff on the model thread when we all know that a two day affair is rubbish and pointless, I am also fed up of moderated cold spells with 2 and 3c highs which is of course too warm for the snow to lie.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

fed up reading that folks are ... fed up . This is is november and my little nature reserve is a-buzz with hundreds of birds and flocks of foreigners dropping in .I probably have 50 robins all with a little territory . Every robin for miles around died during the 2010 winter . I'm happy that nature is happy . Why not get out and enjoy what is ! Spent a few days walking in Inishowen last week .. more colour and drama than a hot summer or ice under foot would offer . 

• Like 1

Posted

Wise words Be Cause. For those with eyes to see there's plenty going on. Our garden is alive with bird life pecking away at red berries on bushes I tried and failed to uproot during the summer.  They get the berries.  I got strained ligaments!  There are squirrels stocking up for the winter and there's reputed to be a sparrow hawk in the neighbourhood. I can enjoy all this because I know that there will at some stage during the winter be a cold spell.  I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that it won't be like 2012 but it will be cold and could well be snowy, so I'll enjoy it when it comes and meanwhile look for the positives in this mild grey murk.  For excitement and amusement there are always the Model threads.

• Like 1