Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted

Great to see the video of the models from dec10 once in a generation event I fear!

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

here is a cold jan 47 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbaEJC_eLNw

Posted

Wind is the big problem tonight, lights r flickering I better look for candles!!

Posted

Its so cold outside! I love cold but i'm actually hating this weather! Its the kind that makes your ears go numb. Sitting in school front of an open window which is high so i'm frozen solid

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

beautifully cold .. more fun than bitterly cold ..I can wait a little longer for the move from fridge to freezer 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

yea i came out of uni at about half 6 and couldn't believe how cold it had gotten.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

a dry cloudy day here today ,though the sky is becoming clear now. max temp 5.2c, current temp 3.2c.

Posted

yea i came out of uni at about half 6 and couldn't believe how cold it had gotten.

warmed up again though because its cloudy. -5c my head.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!

It was 6c when I was leaving work in Dublin @ 5pm the weather app on my phone said it was 2c in Longford, I thought that had to be wrong... when I got home it was only 2c and there was already frost on the grass and cars! It is now 0c.

Edited by jamesd

Posted

Relax brother Rabitt, it's not even winter yet!!!

This anticyclonic spell is set for a while, and I love it. Was up training a team tonight, froze my nads off, and then home to the roaring fire… Ya can't beat that feeling!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms frost snow heatwaves

Home is where the heart is and I for one cannot argue with that. As autumn shades are fading fast and in light of the fact we're in for some frosty weather (not enough) I couldn't but whip out my digital camera in order to capture these images from where I live.

Sorry mods for being off topic.

post-17830-0-64821000-1385070988_thumb.j

post-17830-0-28354500-1385071020_thumb.j

post-17830-0-58440100-1385071054_thumb.j

post-17830-0-83614900-1385071088_thumb.j

post-17830-0-74883700-1385071856_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted

very frosty night here. was -2c at 8pm. somewhere in the south east of the province will hit below -5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

i have no idea what it's doing outside have barely moved since i came home lol i was inputting lots and lots of data on excel and i'm tired

Edited by gary1365

Posted

The Express super model is at it again!! Chucking out the best charts in history!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

WINTER 2013 TO BE LONGEST IN HISTORY: Heavy snow could fall until MAY warn forecasters BRITAIN is facing an unprecedented SIX MONTH winter with long-range forecasters warning relentless heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures could last until MAY.
Published: Thu, November 21, 2013

Posted ImageBritain is facing a relentless, long winter of heavy snow [PA]

The entire UK has been told to brace for a record-breaking period of bitter Arctic winds, crippling snowfall and plunging temperatures.

Long-range forecasts now point to winter 2013 now being the worst for more than 60 years with Polar conditions stretching right into the beginning of next spring.

The shock warning comes with the UK already shivering in an unseasonably early big freeze with temperatures plummeting to -5C and heavy snow sparking chaos in parts of the UK.