Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting

A few wisps of snow just now. The sun's out so it didn't last long. Woke up to about a cm's worth. Still enough to have to go out and clear the car off a bit.

Posted

You obviously cant see the Sperrins ! ..and still snow here at 50m asl .. thanks for helping bring it on ...

Binevenagh is in the sperrins babe.4c heavy sleet. Gonna snow tomorrow again I think. (Well last time I checked gfs).Where do you live anyway?? Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

even I had snow not a lot just enough to make the ground a bit white and only lasted half an hour.

Posted

Let's not all fall out over snow. What's happened to The Watcher to sort this all out. He's gone AWOL

Posted

slight covering of frozen snow/slush here this morn too,. sl beaghs looked nice and white though. hope for some decent frosts rest of the week to cool the gound another bit. a good start to winter.

Posted

Aye but it didn't lie.. If it didn't lie in Macosquin it certainly didn't lie in Portstewart.

Theres been many a winter were it has been snowing and lying here and raining at your place.E

Exhibit A. 

post-15021-0-89157100-1384890561_thumb.j

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

dry here today,easily the coldest day so far ,max temp 4.1c. last nights min 0.3c. currently 3.3c.

Posted

I'm getting sleet again thought it was just supposed to be rain tonight.

Posted

Its 6c in wheatfield..

Note it might snow again tomorrow night when the cold uppers wrap around again.

Posted Image

[url=http://imageshack.com/i/jo4xhzj]Posted Image

After last nights array I am not holding up hope.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

Let's not all fall out over snow. What's happened to The Watcher to sort this all out. He's gone AWOL

Yes lets not all fall out. I've just deleted a few posts in here. Remember we want friendly discussions between each other and stay on topic please.

The team are aware now that The Watcher is currently not active so some team members will be keeping a check in here. Remember you can report any posts that you think breaks the forum rules as well.

• Like 1

Posted

Its 6c in wheatfield..

Note it might snow again tomorrow night when the cold uppers wrap around again.

Posted Image

[url=http://imageshack.com/i/jo4xhzj]Posted Image

After last nights array I am not holding up hope.

I hope so did you look at the surface temps aswell.

edit just had a look 3c i'll not be holding my breath

Edited by gary1365
  • Like 1

Posted

I hope so did you look at the surface temps aswell.edit just had a look 3c i'll not be holding my breath

Well I mean't snow fallin not snow lieing.Tbh we were never due any lying snow so I didn't expect any. So seeing snow is good for me.

Posted

I'd love to see some proper snow falling not that pellet stuff or wet flakes. We had loads of hail stones but we had some of that fine kind of pellet like snow too last night. It was properly snowing for a couple of minutes before it turned into the slushy stuff last night too. 

I note that winter is over again on the model threadPosted Image

how can it be over before it begins lol.

Posted

Well we only had one shower of hail but it rained to 10pm and then it pretty much snowed till the morning after that. We actually had snow like but it didn't stick. It got to 0.6c so it was near.

Maybe some tomorrow night. Depends.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

I'd love to see some proper snow falling not that pellet stuff or wet flakes. We had loads of hail stones but we had some of that fine kind of pellet like snow too last night. It was properly snowing for a couple of minutes before it turned into the slushy stuff last night too. 

how can it be over before it begins lol.

I know Gary its daft in there the wee smiley shows what I think of that train of thoughtPosted Image

Posted

Hilarious!! How do they get away with this!!

100 DAYS OF HEAVY SNOW: Britain now facing worst winter in SIXTY YEARS warn forecasters
Posted ImageLONG-RANGE weather forecasters have warned that Britain should prepare for heavy and persistent snow for up to THREE MONTHS with winter 2013 set to be the worst in more than 60 years. The latest detailed forecasts for winter 2013 ALL point towards months of relentless extreme cold with heavy snow ‘extremely likely’ across the country. Arctic air will roar in from the North Pole later this week, triggering the start of the worst winter in many people’s lifetimes. Experts in long-range weather forecasting said the WHOLE of Britain should be prepared for this winter to be the most severe since 1947, which saw the UK hit by relentless snow and some of the lowest temperatures on record. February 1947 was the coldest in history with heavy snow the following month leading to seven-metre high drifts. Flooding was also a problem as rain ran off frozen ground in torrents leading to widespread chaos on the roads. As the Daily Express reported at the time, roads and railways across Britain were blocked by huge Arctic blizzards. Coal supplies – already low in the wake of WWII – struggled to get reach power stations and many were forced to shut down, causing widespread blackouts. The lack of power supplies became so critical that at one point radio and TV broadcasts were suspended, magazines were ordered to stop being published and many newspapers were forced to cut their size. And the latest long-range predictions for this winter show a pattern that look eerily similar to that infamous year, with bitter Arctic gales leading to feet-deep snow drifts right up until February. Jonathan Powell, forecaster for Vantage Weather Services, said: “Early indications are that this winter is looking particularly severe, and we could see parallels with the shocking winter of 1947.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

heres a video for you lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6WZeKFHGkM

I am working on more videos and will post them as I finish

• Like 1

Posted

What a crap night.

Took a wee nap there and had my electric blanket on and its freezing.

Right now we have a heavy hail shower with a temp of 3,6c. Would not surpise me if it snowed right now.

Dew point is 0.1c. Windchill is -3c

Edited by smithyweather