Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

had some rainy sleet here about 20 mins ago rain in coleraine though.

some really black cloud about

Edited by gary1365

Posted

Still raining. Instead of dropping the dew point has actually risen. It was supposed to be dropping by now.

Temp 3/2. Ughh its not even showing signs of dropping either. I think those showers saturate the air. Imagine if all those showers fell as snow it'd be pretty heavy.

Surely it will be snowing by 7? The -6c uppers will be in by then.

Edit: 5:54pm: negative dew points are just to the west of derry so should reach here soon.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

same here it's back to rain again but it was starting to get pretty wintry for  a while

Posted

Just outside Ballintoy (North Antrim), 110m elevation too close to sea to get much snow this early! I'll try to update my profile when I get to a PC.

Posted

It still hasn't snowed yet. I don't think its snowing below 150m anywhere. I don't think the proper cold has arrived yet.

I've just checked the data on vasaila ice and the dew point is -2c out west. So it is making in roads now.

2.7c with a dew of 1.8c

Any wonder it is raining here. No way will we get snow with that. And i'm surprised its sleeting in portstewart when it will be even warmer there. I will report back when I see snow. Bound to see it beforr midnight.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

Very light shower of rain here at the moment but was just out there and it was clear at the time with a beautifiul full moon low in the sky - noticed the car was reading 3C - don't think quite cold enough for anything wintery just yet.

Posted

The dew point is now -2.3c at gweedore so I suppose that is the cold dew points coming inroads now.

Gary how can it be cold and hailing there when the humidity is 96 percent here. The temp is only 2.6c. It must be about 4c there making it impossible for snow.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

had heavy hail here it's white with hail but melting. it alot colder now though.