Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted

Well the Forecast is still the same, although it has dropped from 5c to 4c so I suppose that is a plus.

All I care about now is seeing snowflakes, I was expecting hard frosts and a bit of a snowcover but it has been reduced to crap now. I suppose the only positive is that it will be frosty every single night from Wednesday onwards. 

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I know I might head to higher ground on tuesday afternoon and see if I can catch some snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Looks good for anyone seeking cold, frosty nights and settled weather. Certainly no zonal muck returning soon. :)

Posted

Well its only 24 hours away so not much to wait.

The Portrush forecast is a max of 6c and mines is a max of 3c, but the snow symbol is up for my area. 

Either way besides Wednesday it looks like being a cold week with temps getting no higher than 4c everyday with -2/3c mins.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

have a question for you Irish guys, is roger j smyth the same person as peter o'donnell from irishweatheronline or meteotimes.net, or MT cranium from ,Boards.ie?it seems to be quite confusing he started I think irishwratheronline during snow in dec.2010,predicted more snow that year in january which didnt happen, his websites are some times updated,sometimes not, mostly confusing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Its a really wet sleet here now, it really wants to snow by the looks of it. Very foggy too.... lets hope it does snow :D I should go to bed now though and stop staring out the window. I will continue watching the sky in 4 or 5 hours!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

have a question for you Irish guys, is roger j smyth the same person as peter o'donnell from irishweatheronline or meteotimes.net, or MT cranium from ,Boards.ie?it seems to be quite confusing he started I think irishwratheronline during snow in dec.2010,predicted more snow that year in january which didnt happen, his websites are some times updated,sometimes not, mostly confusing

Yes roger j smith is peter o'donnel and is also MT cranuim on Boards.ie.

Posted

The uppers are too warm today for even sleet as the upper air temp is about +2c right now. The -5c uppers arrive at 9am tomorrow so maybe then sleet is possible, but i'd say 3pm is when the snow will arrive.

Met office have a warning for ICE out tomorrow and Tuesday with accumulations above 200m (why is it always that number?) 

Posted

I believe he also lives stateside… Have found his stuff to be a tad melodramatic and headline grabbing to be honest.

A very undecided longevity on this cold snap. The models are not handling anything very well beyond 72/96 hrs at all well, lots of chopping and changing.

By the way, did anyone catch Evelyn Cusack on Friday night? She's great craic!

Move on to 1 min 15… Classic

• Like 2

Posted

The models have been a bit of a joke regarding the upcoming colder weather they seem to be all over the place,i think FI starts at around 72hrs. I reckon the most likely looking thing now will be HP over the BI later in the week giving cold frosty weather,i think severe frost and perhaps freezing fog will be the weather story this week much more so then snow if any.

post-6445-0-24178600-1384688792_thumb.gi

post-6445-0-61284800-1384688814_thumb.gi

post-6445-0-23996200-1384688917_thumb.pn

Posted

An update of tomorrows conditions at 6pm. 

It would appear as per the met office that this will be the time for precipitation turnover.

Looking at those charts in any precip- snow for high ground ,sleet at low levels.

Posted

The uppers are too warm today for even sleet as the upper air temp is about +2c right now. The -5c uppers arrive at 9am tomorrow so maybe then sleet is possible, but i'd say 3pm is when the snow will arrive.

Met office have a warning for ICE out tomorrow and Tuesday with accumulations above 200m (why is it always that number?)

Because Cool (pardon the pun) people like me live at elevations such as thisPosted Image

I believe he also lives stateside… Have found his stuff to be a tad melodramatic and headline grabbing to be honest.

A very undecided longevity on this cold snap. The models are not handling anything very well beyond 72/96 hrs at all well, lots of chopping and changing.

By the way, did anyone catch Evelyn Cusack on Friday night? She's great craic!

Move on to 1 min 15… Classic

Class Evelyn bi t ch slaps LRFs down - what provoked this I wonder??

Edited by Pomeroysnow

Posted

Looking at those charts in any precip- snow for high ground ,sleet at low levels.

Yes in your part but probably near sea level here because uppers are -6c with 522dam. The Met office have snow symbol for me at 6pm.

post-15021-0-48065100-1384693508_thumb.p

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

from now on i'm nowcasting and no more looking at charts lol or atleast i'll try not to look at them

Posted

The CFS tonight is paradoxical in that it has downgraded tomorrow nights snow and has upgraded Wednesday's potential to provide some wintriness.

Posted

Ugh. Whatever. The models chop and change so much lately that I don't even look! Snow will probably arrive tomorrow night regardless.

Your right though wednesday is now cold but it was mild the otherday.

Edited by smithyweather