Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted

Looks really good in the medium term for some snow though it may take a few days after the beginning of a northeast flow to reach that point for most. Similarities with 2010 in the build up. Still its too early to get excited yet.

• Like 2

Posted

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You r on a roll today Ronan, right folks can't be arsed looking at the MT just yet so tell me whats the story folks, will a snow flake land on my dogs head at 3.40pm on Monday whilst it is riding a unicycle - you'd better tell me or else......

• Like 1

Posted

Look at the charts that I posted above. 

It is cold enough to snow out at sea so there will be no worries about snow.

Tuesday at 3pm.

Uppers -8c

Dam = 515

Max Temp = 2c (maybe 1c for you)

Snow showers frequent.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7554/2xsh.png

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

Pomeroy i wouldn't even go into the model thread!! My head is fried in there the past hour! And Frosty we all know that next week is nailed its keeping the cold in place that is the issue now! All the building blocks are there but we need all models to agree and firm up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

looking through the updated charts i'm feeling more confident but i'm not convinced we'll get snow at sea level

Posted

looking through the updated charts i'm feeling more confident but i'm not convinced we'll get snow at sea level

You will. Its -8c uppers, it can snow at sea with that. Do you live right on the beach? And No its actually frostyjoe. And ronan he was asking how it was for next week not the future. I do go on the model thread but it's really hard to get any sense of what is going on because frosty overhypes everything and then others be far too negative.Not too sure about how heavy and frequent the snow is gonna be but i'm gonna put my head out there and say I will see lying snow. Edited by smithyweather

Posted

That wouldn't even do. He needs to move inland at least 5 miles.

Seriously though can't wait for the snow to come on Monday afternoon, can't believe its actually coming! Will be disappointed if it does not lie though.

Posted

Looking good alright. But I won't believe it until 3/4 days before. Then we need to watch longevity, and even that is starting to look a bit more solid now. We got nowt from last winter here on the east coast, but if the NWP were to come off largely, I reckon even our pal Snowstorm445 in Cork would see some settling white stuff!!!

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

last winter  it was 19 / 01  before I saw lying snow here .. so a potential extra 60 days of winter to enjoy ! Bring it on ...  I've rated this autumn so far as one of the best of my life .. esp for sunshine and happy nature. Glad to see this thread so alive again ...

Posted

Smithy I reckon it will be more Monday night and into the wee hours of Tuesday morning. Still time fot more upgrades so let's see what happens.

I was thinking about 6pm. The max temp on monday is 5c

Posted Image

Posted Image

With 522 it could easily be snow.

Edited by smithyweather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

i'm 1,122m from the closest piece of coast so i really doubt i'll have any snow at all and i think i'll need that jack aswell i don't think my 35m elevation will help either lol. 

just a wait and see job i suppose.

Edited by gary1365
  • Like 1

Posted

wow this place has really come alive! bbc  said earlier much colder next week with snow for some, especially in the north of the uk. heres hoping!

Posted

Right folks we have an epic Pub Run! Has to be one of the best days for model watching since i have started! I am no expert and very far from it but some of the charts that were put out today was unbelievable for this early in the season! To put things in perspective, 2/3 weeks ago everyone was was writing November off as a mild one and look what we have now, people said that we would have nothing compared to 2010 for a long time but the models are hinting at this! I'm a serious ramper and will ramp things up when they deserve to be ramped up!Posted Image  I don't think since the cold started showing that there has been any downgrades, it has just constantly upgraded with each model run! Could turn out to be a really cold winter and i may even start to believe in the articles the Express write(well thats ripping the A R S E out of it!) Posted Image