Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted

I'm definitely getting a bit hopeful for around the 20th onwards! Certainly plenty of interest in the model forum and some cracking charts starting to show up!! Its nice after a mild Autumn to get a bit of excitement going! An interesting couple of weeks on the way!

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Hi folks .. back in the summer I posted a 'happy holiday' post on both facebook and here . On fb I had a multitude of 'likes' .. on here it was replaced with an offensive 'offensive material removed' notice .. Could those who complained (if any) pm me with their reasons as it has affected my contributing to this thread . ?

Anyway back to this glorious autumn .. hard frost ,blue skies and jack frost at work in my mobile home  brrrr but beautiful ...

Posted

Hi folks .. back in the summer I posted a 'happy holiday' post on both facebook and here . On fb I had a multitude of 'likes' .. on here it was replaced with an offensive 'offensive material removed' notice .. Could those who complained (if any) pm me with their reasons as it has affected my contributing to this thread . ?

Anyway back to this glorious autumn .. hard frost ,blue skies and jack frost at work in my mobile home  brrrr but beautiful ...

Good to see ya back Be cause, curiosity always get the better of me, what did you post that might be deemed offensive??

Anyway a good hard frost last night, whazt was the lowest it got down to last night?

Posted

could see the sperrins from sl beagh today and higher parts have snow on them still. snowline prob around 550mts. first lying snow of the new season then. incredible clear air today, could see as far as slemish mountain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I'm pretty sure there was sleet in the rain tonight on the higher ground when i was driving up home tonight but it was hard to tell in the dark.

Posted

Looks like us up here in NI are going to see our first snow of the season on Monday.

Because its a north westerly airmass it should be pretty heavy and frequent snow.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting

Out of the house at 8am this morning. Felt an actual 'warm' breeze. Got the car running and it said 11c. By 9am in Belfast it was 13c.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

got up to 13.5c here today ,currently 9.3c.

Posted

18z currently giving a bit of excitement in the model forum! -8 uppers and and the 528 DAM line right down over the country and showing cold right out to the end of the run!! Either its on to something or has had a few whiskeys to many! But we have to admit that something cold is on the way as most of the models have agreed on this the past 2 weeks! We shall see!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

here's to hoping eh i've had my winter tyres on now in hope for a couple of weeks lol 

Posted

Lol @ Frostyjoe. I have a feeling that we could see constant outbreaks of cold from the north this winter rather than from the East. I would love that as I can remember growing up and that's the way the winter was! Reload after reload from the NW N or NE. Definitely looking good!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

I  hope your right ronan cos give me cold from the N or NE any day over one from the east.

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like our snow will come on Monday or Tuesday now.

Lets hope it verifies. I think if we can get the -8c uppers down we can see some lying snow. Its nice to see me down for a 3c max on Tuesday, that should prevent snowmelt. 

Posted

I really hope you get snow on Coleraine's mountain soon Frostyjoe if only to temper your enthusiasm a tiny bit.

Naw! Snow at my house. Sure we are down for 2c max on Tuesday with -9c uppers! Why not?

Posted

I really hope you get snow on Coleraine's mountain soon Frostyjoe if only to temper your enthusiasm a tiny bit.

Naw! Snow at my house. Sure we are down for 2c max on Tuesday with -9c uppers! Why not?