Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Favourite well known hotel chain!

AWD

Favourite Motel Type Accomodation  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite type of well known "Motel" accommodation in the UK?

• Travelodge
    • Premier Inn
    • Holiday Inn Premier
    • Holiday Inn Express
    • Hilton
    • Future Inn
    • Novotel
    • Ibis
    • Other

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

What's your favourite, well known, "Motel" type hotel chain in the UK?

Vote NOW!!

Mine is the Travelodge. Whenever I go away I spend as minimum time as possible in the hotel room. As long as the bed is clean so I can get a decent nights sleep, that's all that matters to me.

Therefore, I always go for the cheapest rates possible, and I find that the Travelodge is just that, cheap and simple.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

I used to have a site in Coatbridge in Scotland and used to fly up there for 2 days once a fortnight...always used to stay in the premier inn there..and always asked for room 53 because it was quiet, was brand new and had a huge bed..plus the girl on reception was a bit of a babePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm

I rarely stay in hotels in the UK but when travelling through France I generally plump for the Ibis Hotels - they usually set aside some rooms as smoking rooms Posted Image

As far as I am aware there are no UK Hotel chains who allow this facility and being a slave to the weed it rather puts me off staying in them  Posted Image

Edited by mike Meehan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm

Bloody Norah at my age I have to get up during the night to pay visits to the en suite and normally a quick puff gets me back to sleep again - the last thing I want to do is go down to the outside shelter for a quick puff in my 'y' fronts and in probability the patio heater will be switched off anyway.

However if the worst came to the worst I would have to stick my head and pipe out of the bleeding window.

What a state we have come to when a poor old sod like me can't enjoy the solace of his pipe without all these shanakins.

I think I will stick with my coffee and croissant.

'Vous avez une chambre fumeur pour deux personnes s'il vous plait'

Edited by mike Meehan

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

It's a bit more pricey, but I am a fan of the Hotel Du Vin Chain (And Malmaison). They have about 12 hotels in each Chain across the UK, and have the Nicest hotel bathrooms EVER, really lovely rooms, great places to eat etc. Oh, and WINE.

They also have offers and events on quite regularly, and the Sunday Stay-over, where if you spend a certain amount in the restaurant you get to stay for £20 I've used four or five times this year as a treat..

Treat being the operative word though, it's not cheap, but I think it's worth it, I stay in hotels probably 3/5 days a week with work so am one of those horrible picky people!

The Radisson Group, who have Park Inn and Radisson Blu are also good. Radisson Blu especially, and although not budget, less expensive than Du Vin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I like Travelodge and the Mecure chain. I'm wondering what the MacDonalds are like (not the FF outlet :) ) as I'm staying there in Manchester. :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted

One group we will never stay with again as long as our bums point south is MacDonald Hotels.

They fall over themselves to look good on the outside, yes sir, no sir three bags full sir etc, etc, but scratch beneath the surface and things are very different.  They are way overpriced and the group is writing cheques it's front end hotels just can't cash, but I can see given all the BS and bluster why they are so popular with American tourists, many of whom can't distinguish between a teapot and a tureen.

For the all round experience I think it's hard to beat Premier Inn. They may be a little cheap and cheerful, but everyone we've stayed at has been clean and tidy, with large comfortable beds and well appointed bathrooms. Stayed in one at Enfield recently which offered free parking, something that is almost unheard of in that part of the world these days.

Edited by shedhead

Posted

Premier Inns are great for budget.

The one in Torquay is great - has a good bar and serves decent food, and is in a nice location. Stayed there for a long w/e back in February for £80 for 2 nights with my darling wife.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I always find Sofitel to be exceptional.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

We use PI at work. so any stays out are with them, else I am a sad ole git that likes his home and I will charge back from a UK wide site visit to keep that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...