Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant help but feel things have downgraded a bit for our regoin.

The low on wednesday now seems to be too far east and contains a 'warm' sector which means we will probably all see rain Posted Image

Edited by Winter Cold

I don't think we can deny there has been a bit of a downgrade in the models in terms of snow but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least some falling snow at modest levels this week.

I would imagine there will also be some settling snow at times in Pennine areas depending on the intensity of the precipitation and the time of day it falls...certainly a nice and seasonal week coming and not bad for mid November...

yes your right, at least its going to feel cold and frost is always a nice second to snow for me Posted Image

as long as its wintry im happy lol!

I think you hit the nail on the head with 'November', as it seems a few in the model thread in particular forget that it isnt even winter yet, still plenty of time left for snow Posted Image

well, i must admit that all this talk of cold weather is surprising me from a imby perspective, the forecast is for temps around 8c, so not overly cold, only 1 night this week that it gets below freezing, other than that its 4/5c so nothing that screams cold. im sure it will be cold further north but not here.

Day time temps hovering around 7/8º here over the last few days..can't wait to see how it measures tomorrow. What time is the cold front expected to hit our region?

What a grim old soggy day hovering around 9 though felt chiller in the oppressive drizzle,  some chilly bright days will be a relief working outside in it, though a touch depressed at the event downgrading even a few flurries or near zero days would have made it interesting well would have made for an easy working week anyway Posted Image (being on salary in winter can be great) just hoping there's no return to zonality, though the models seem to be edging towards a hp scenario with potential for an easterly based incursion heres hoping though theres more flip flopping than a summer day at Cleethorpes 

Got snow here in Scarborough at the moment. Nothing too heavy and it hasn't got a chance of laying but first of the year is always good to see!

• Like 3

Working in Scarborough in a few hours was hoping to see some snow but looks like showers have all moved out to sea now, could see the anvils from York earlier looked lovely!

• Like 1

Rain, gusty wind and the dizzy highs of 4.6º. Last night the car was frosty and hubby was moaning about de icer, he didn't take me seriously when I said not to worry..