Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Very very wet snow here, but it is heavy so covering cars and parts of pavements, if only temporarily.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

It's mainly all melted here, still a little left over redmires way. Well I suppose theres tomorrow to get through next. Expecting a gusty night up here.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Can't believe the lack of interest/posts in here!!

nothing happening really which is probably the reason. Wait until tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

wow, a flurry of snow here .. settled too, first of the winter !

B. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Why are people going on about tomorrow! There is no snow forecast, just rain and strong winds! We've all see strong winds! Tonight's forecast by Paul Hudson and the bbc/met office txt looks very exciting for our region tonight!

Yes there is. Possible Snow from three to six.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Well that was ridiculous, one heavy prolonged snow shower over Huddersfield at around half past five, and it took me over an hour to do what would normally be a 15 minute journey. Cars slipping and sliding, crawling along, blocking junctions. And I am not exaggerating when I say there was less than 1 cm of lying snow. Would have been even longer if I hadn't been able to get onto the back roads where there was hardly anyone. Finally got back up to the village and it's 2 cms at most. Not melting though, and might get a top-up before it gets washed, and blown (!), away tomorrow.

Edited by Pennine Ten Foot Drifts
  • Like 1

Posted

BOOM blizzard conditions here

Snow in Leeds City Center! Heavy snow.

Remains to be seen whether it can cover.

No snow in Belle Isle (approx 4 mile south of city centre ), just a bit of drizzle again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Thundersnow here at 19:25!

There is now a sugar coating on the paths and everything is beginning to freeze hard. I had expected something today but gave up once the front had passed as showers from the west usually fail to deliver here, especially after dark. A nice surprise. Posted Image

The $1m question though is: will there be enough on the ground tomorrow morning to have my first now day of the winter? I would hate to have a winter without a single snow day - it hasn't happened since I lived in Pembrokeshire, 25 years ago!

Posted

Cul-de-Sac has thin cover of snow and plenty of sheet ice already. Just moved the car just in case for tomorrow. Will have a look at radar in a moment but saw a decent shower before but was towards north leeds way as backed up by arnott

Edited by NW Leeds Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Any idea on when the strongest winds will hit our region tomorrow?

Don't really want to think about that to be honest. I hate wind, it is really dangerous. Grew up on the SW coats of Wales and it was not pretty. Love other extreme weather but wind you can keep. I have big tree in the garden and it lost a large limb in December. If the direction for this storm is as forecast and the tree loses another limb it will come right through my bedroom roof. Not looking forward to tomorrow at all with the minor exception of perhaps having a snow day for my signature line. That would be small compensation though, if the tree does drop a bough....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Was on my break earlier(6pm)and at 6:10 i saw an amazing folk lightning to my north(of tankersley),best folk lightning i had saw for some years,also had heavy graupel from it,great stuff,wished i had my cam thoughPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Was on my break earlier(6pm)and at 6:10 i saw an amazing folk lightning to my north(of tankersley),best folk lightning i had saw for some years,also had heavy graupel from it,great stuff,wished i had my cam thoughPosted Image

folk lightenings? ;) had some humdingers whilst driving back from ashton stuck in traffic.... Big cu over pennines with bright bolts of lightening....nice to see even though stuck in taffic....also of note glossop had a lot of runoff in high street west this morning, the drains were overflowing and making streams down main street....

But as snake pass was closed no traffic in town!!! Yey! ;)

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

folk lightenings? Posted Image had some humdingers whilst driving back from ashton stuck in traffic.... Big cu over pennines with bright bolts of lightening....nice to see even though stuck in taffic....also of note glossop had a lot of runoff in high street west this morning, the drains were overflowing and making streams down main street....

But as snake pass was closed no traffic in town!!! Yey! Posted Image

LOL!

my cam is with me 24/7 from now on,Posted Image