Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

so what is next week looking like then?

Im not skilled enough to read the models all that well, but there are mentions in the mod thread of snow around our area but tv forecasts still show 7C for Monday! Posted Image

I tear my hair out sometimes lol

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

so what is next week looking like then?

Im not skilled enough to read the models all that well, but there are mentions in the mod thread of snow around our area but tv forecasts still show 7C for Monday! Posted Image

I tear my hair out sometimes lol

Look for John Holmes will it snow guide and then load the relevant charts into netweather extra and you should have a good idea. http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/23729-will-it-snow/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

1.6c and sleet turning more and more to wet snow. Let's see if we can knock another couple of tenths of the temperature and keep the rainfall intensity, might just be in business.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

1.6c and sleet turning more and more to wet snow. Let's see if we can knock another couple of tenths of the temperature and keep the rainfall intensity, might just be in business.

Good luck up there.I note Paul Hudson saying no chance of snow in coming days indeed weeks.I gather he does not rate GFS output then.I go for a fair chance ofsnow mon-wed.

Posted

exactly my point earlier this evening, no connect with BBC and what the models are showing sometimes. Annoys me cuz were interested enough to know otherwise but snow next week could catch ppl out now Paul saying that.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Sunshine, 7C and no wind feels surprisingly warm.

Models look much the same next week but with the low pressure a little further north from Tuesday which is good for us as the fronts will be weakened and there will be more sunshine with the winds more south westerly.

Posted

Did you manage it???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Sunshine, 7C and no wind feels surprisingly warm.

Models look much the same next week but with the low pressure a little further north from Tuesday which is good for us as the fronts will be weakened and there will be more sunshine with the winds more south westerly.

Looking forward to spring now. I'm not  even sure the prospect of snow would excite me at this stage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Posted Imagehard to believe this was march last year 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

It's so far been a crap winter for coldies. I've seen winters with little snow, but the amount of rainfall has been incredible really. Our garden doesn't drain well (clay based soil) but I've not seen it this waterlogged in the seven years I've lived here. I'd go as far as to say it looks like there's a natural spring running down part of it! The ground just won't drain away further rainfall, must admit I'm looking forward to spring now too :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Is there anywhere i can drive to in yorks that may see snow falling today does anyone reckon? I was thinking queensbury but not sure from the forecast whether even at that height I'd see something. I need my snow fix!!!

Posted

Looking forward to spring now. I'm not  even sure the prospect of snow would excite me at this stage.

As much as i still want snow it's late enough that we may as well break records. Lets's make it a snowless winter (lying) which would also be the first snowless Feb on record for me.

That being said if we can a strong of 10C+ maxima and sunshine i'd like that.

Posted

Is there anywhere i can drive to in yorks that may see snow falling today does anyone reckon? I was thinking queensbury but not sure from the forecast whether even at that height I'd see something. I need my snow fix!!!

Two hopesBob hope and f'in no hope.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Slightly breezy this A.m.. neighbours fence is down again..

Posted

The wind has been pretty relentless since yesterday up here. And then the rain came and has been even more relentless since! All it means is i can't do outdoor jobs and my wife has me painting the kitchen and waxing all the cupboards instead. So win win for her.

Posted

SO, still talk of some snow maybe for Tuesday and Wednesday. Please lets see some!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

SO, still talk of some snow maybe for Tuesday and Wednesday. Please lets see some!!!!!!

Talk of 5-10cm above 200/300m, so you might see some of the white stuff, Im heading up to your elevation just down the road for my snow fix. Looks like wintry showers coming in off the Irish sea overnight Tuesday into Wednesday, parts of the Yorkshire dales will probs have a good covering by then.

Posted

Nice, heres hoping then huh!

lets hope we get our snow fix this week, we all deserve it!!

Posted

I think it's wait and see we had these forecast before this winter only to disappear into the void at the time. Country file forecast didn't make much of deal of it.

• Like 1

Posted

I think it's wait and see we had these forecast before this winter only to disappear into the void at the time. Country file forecast didn't make much of deal of it.

Yes indeed, my eyes will be firmly on the NMM over the next few days. Which currently looks very good for Tuesday morning.

Posted Image

Then later that day we see some disturbances within the strong cold Westerly that could throw a few surprises.

Posted Image

I must say though for low lying areas snow prospects are still quite bleak, I don't expect to see anything more than sleet at best at my altitude. However its only a short drive into the Wolds from here to get my snowfix. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Rain today radar Alert.

Posted

Will be touch and go I think. It's case of now casting I think. The band will be hitting West Yorkshire around 6am so set the alarm and watch the lamppost :)