Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Im doing a special deal on Prozac for Netweather members......I will be minted by sunday

Think it will end up beyond Prozac the way its going, and certainly sleeping tablets with the nightmare thats unfolding models becoming a what might of been horror show lol
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Posted

well folks, time to nail my sail to the mast and say this is looking more and more likely to be the first snowless winter in the 11 years i have been living in lincs, so my search for snow is taking me to Iceland in feb, odds on when i get there it will be mild and rainning there to, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yes its been another week of being led up the garden path by the models Posted Image Yet another easterly implosion!

SO very annoying, this winter is not looking good is it. As ive said before, so much for the supposed mini ice age lol.

This is feeling like a 90s or 00s winter, and as you say, if February doesnt come to the rescue it will be a snowless winter Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Go away rain seen more than enough now 

Posted

So what do you all make of the band currently inching its way accross to us?

Plenty of snow reports in the Wales and Midlands threads. Could be an extra icy start for us if it comes this way, and night time should help the snow.

Could be another surprise like that evaporative cooling snow we saw in November?

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted

I cannot see anything happening here tonight....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Our hopes are being kept alive, an upturn of sorts in the models heres hoping the ECM continues as last nights....(crosses all extremities) 

• Like 2

Posted

was that a sage bush i just saw blowing down main street in the forum Posted Image  still plenty of winter left...ish, missing the updates on snow and pics we usually get on here in a winter, still some optimism in the model thread though my resolve to bother viewing is being tested Posted Image

Posted

yeah its requiring the patience of a saint this winter for coldies!

Paul Hudson has just written January off as well on Look North, so lets just hope we get that SSW and February comes to the rescue!

• Like 1

Posted

True to be said Hudsons always keen to dismiss cold lol im sure he would find a way to deny snow even if the M62 was closed, though an ex presenter now Rob McElwee on the national news was brilliant for giving us hints of anything exciting i half expected to see him appear in ski wear lol

Posted

yeah its strange with Paul, hes a known coldie and he does love snow but i think his professional head always wins through.

Rob McElwee was a legend wasnt he, i soooo miss his forecasts. His way of presenting and talking was epic, i wish he was still on!

Heres a Rob treat (although sad) his last ever forecast on the BBC:

Edited by Winter Cold
  • Like 1

Posted

What a rollercoaster this last few weeks has been model watching!

What do you all think of this evenings outputs? It does look promising that Feb might deliver. Some great posts in that thread from some very knowledgable people who seem to think things are finally falling into place.....

We certainly deserve some look and reward now for our long snow drought Posted Image

Peirs Corbyn also now ramping it up, so thats another good thing. His forecasts arent too bad usualy to be honest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

What a rollercoaster this last few weeks has been model watching!

What do you all think of this evenings outputs? It does look promising that Feb might deliver. Some great posts in that thread from some very knowledgable people who seem to think things are finally falling into place.....

We certainly deserve some look and reward now for our long snow drought Posted Image

Peirs Corbyn also now ramping it up, so thats another good thing. His forecasts arent too bad usualy to be honest!

Yesterday was for me an all round good day of "model output", plenty of potential being thrown up in the early stages of F.I and some consistency being shown between the GFS and ECM wrt to possible Arctic/Azores high link up. However today seems to have dropped this idea somewhat showing the PV too strong to our NW and pushing the blocking further East. Hopefully we will see an return to yesterdays trends in this evenings runs as like you say we are really in need of a snow fix :)

• Like 1

Posted

Forget what I said about Piers Corbyns tease above, just read in the model thread that it is just a sales tactic and he is actualy forecasting a very mild February Posted Image

Lets hope he is wrong but as I say, to be balanced, I have seen him have some success.

Posted

You can tell it's grim with the lack of posts 

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=tsstreet Posted Image LOOOK THE RUDDY YANKS HAVE OUR SNOW 

My mate did that to me yesterday he's in New York on holiday posting pics of 'snow' on his facebook to annoy me, i vote we storm Xscape and roll around like loon's for our snow fix Posted Image 

• Like 1

Posted

Later on this morning could be very interesting. 

The front should provide a real mixed bag. The BBC weather map showed lightning, snow, hail, rain etc.

Friday has a front pushing in with snow on the leading edge 

post-8968-0-65986800-1390442417_thumb.pn

Sunday potentially some snow over high ground 

post-8968-0-68711100-1390442450_thumb.pn

Edited by Cheese Rice
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Are we ready people of Yorkshire.The thread will liven up next week.Finally wintry showers now falling here and that's in much warmer 850s than next week.

• Like 2

Posted

Are we ready people of Yorkshire.The thread will liven up next week.Finally wintry showers now falling here and that's in much warmer 850s than next week.

Certainly looking more optimistic for some of us up here than the dross we have been having be typical for the block to strengthen and repel fronts short of our region

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Had one moderately heavy but brief snow shower around 30 minutes ago. Sun shining brightly now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Had one moderately heavy but brief snow shower around 30 minutes ago. Sun shining brightly now.

Lets hope thats the start.Poor do when we are celebrating snow showersPosted Image

Posted

Snowing here now....Posted Image