Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yep its our turn tomorrow by the looks of it. As long as everyone is safe I love a good storm!

Been a lovely cold and festive feeling day here though, frost never lifted and its been blue sky. Probably my second favourite weather Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well all we need now is some snow. Still looking unlikely though away from the peaks. Nice on Stannage edge this morning fog in the valley.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

It just goes to show how difficult local forecasting is, of the three windy days here this week Monday was still the worst with a top gust of 73.8 mph. Top gust here today so far 61.5 mph, and on Xmas Eve it was 56.7 mph. And Monday was the day when there was no Met Office warning for here at all. Xmas Eve was yellow, and today was yellow, but right on the edge of the amber area.

Posted

Run of the mill windy day here so far. Promised quite a bit early on but then didn't really ramp up.

Posted

Lack of posts here indicate nothing exceptional occurred. Looking ahead show another brief period of windy weather Monday but nothing outstanding and it's looking like the Atlantic is easing back a bit with nothing to catch the eye at the moment on the GFS.

Posted

Horribly mild week coming up according to the week ahead forecast and the BBC website, between 7 - 10c each day Posted Image

No sign of the snowy New Year that Peirs Corbyn said on the Paul Hudson weather show either, the models are not wrong often at 3-4 days out.

You know its a poor winter when even SLAT isnt working Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Yellow warning now issued for our region thanks to the surprise deepening of this low pressure system. Worst winds between 12 and 3pm, could see gusts to 60 or 70mph, possibly higher along the coast:

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

Yellow warning now issued for our region thanks to the surprise deepening of this low pressure system. Worst winds between 12 and 3pm, could see gusts to 60 or 70mph, possibly higher along the coast:

Posted Image

yes someone picked up on this late last night , calling it a sting jet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

AAARRggHH when are we going to get shut of this atlantic bloody express and have some decent wintry weather...

getting really bored with all this wet soggy muck.

heres Paul Hudsons thought this morning...

Paul Hudson â€@Hudsonweather

Day 35 of @Daily_Express 's 100 days of snow. But it's been so mild & frost free my rhododendron thinks it's spring! pic.twitter.com/ZEVNrK8J2Y

patience wearing a bit on the thin side now.

Edited by bryan629
  • Like 1

Posted

yes someone picked up on this late last night , calling it a sting jet

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

looking  very stormy now  Sunday/monday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

I should expect another mediocre day tomorrow. . Pft.. when the snow finally arrives we best get six foot!!

Not that I want to see widespread wind damage, just the 60ft conifer blocking my lovley view. Ho hum, maybe next year :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Its so dire even a proper frost will be the height of wintry excitement, i keep telling myself only early Jan plenty of time heres hoping the pattern change of the ECM is a slow burner but a good one when it comes (if it comes and not another wild goose chase)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

0º here currently, nice crispy frost this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

0º here currently, nice crispy frost this morning

i think we managed a half baked bit of ice in a place or two but i envy you, think i'm going to deice the freezer onto the lawn to remember what its like Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Is anyone else surprised that Paul Hudson has said that there is no sign of cold and snow on Look North tonight?

He always seems to quote GFS on twitter aswell and he should know how crap that model is, we all do on here and hes an expert!

The last few ECM runs are a lot colder than what we have now and this is for 7 days away only, not weeks or 'no sight' as he put it.

Dont get it, seems to me that by early next week we could have frosts and day temps of about 4C which will feel great and wintry. Its got to start somewhere Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I think the trouble is our forecasters are scared of mentioning snow due to the ridiculous overreaction and vitriol that gets spouted as its never taken in context, i hope i'm wrong but i can see cold and lots of grey skies and some light snow  showers and graupel kind of  situation but some days genuinely struggling much above freezing a bit like last winters not quite there easterly , all speculation as there's lots of flip flopping and detail to be resolved, would love a more potent form of cold  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

No storms again so its just another normal day in West Yorkshire 

Posted

Crikey nearly cross model agreement on some  seasonal weather and in the nearly reliable time frame, hoping the pattern backs West a little more and up here we shall be in the firing line nicely, the SE bias often clouds what may be quite decent for us up here in model thread, though i guess we all clamour for the cold this time  of the year so can't grumble, just hope theres sufficient flow to bring showers in if it happens and not too slack, though getting carried away and may yet implode if the low doesn't go under the block, so reasons to be cheerful tonight Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Is that just rain heading this way or some snow mixed in as well???

Posted

Is that just rain heading this way or some snow mixed in as well???

Theres a bit of wet snow in it by the look of it but only for altitude, however next week hopefully we can all get in on the action proper
  • Like 2

Posted

EPIC model runs tonight for the coldies amongst us Posted Image

Not many comments in here recently though.......

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire would definately be seeing some snow next week if we keep the outlook!

Looking forward to feeling the cold temps anyway, its been a long, wet, mild winter so far

• Like 2

Posted

Grrr the will it or won't it saga continues hoping for a bit of a backtrack on todays runs GEM excepted which still maintained a decent outcome, i should know better and not do the fall into the trap of knee jerk reactions to runs but you end up caught in the thread, gonna need the infamous prozac soon Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Im doing a special deal on Prozac for Netweather members......I will be minted by sunday

• Like 1