Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion

Coast

Posted

The flood water in Boston has extended beyond the town center, and even the elevated Boston Stump is close to flooding unprecedented scenes.

Skegness sea defences are breached

1950:

Back in Boston, Radio Lincolnshire political reporter Sharon Edwards reports: Motorists cannot travel across Boston...John Adams Way, town bridge and other roads across closed

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Its looking nasty on the coast tonight that is for sure, even the Environment Agency have confirmed this is the worst storm surge in 60 years!

Paul Hudson is putting loads of updates and pics from people on twitter.

Stay safe out there everyone Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Parts of Hull City Centre Flooded around Victoria Dock Village, Ferensway and Clive Sullivan Way. The tidal Barrier has saved the Old Town from something very serious.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Many of the local villages around scunny on the bank of the Trent have been affected by flooding.

I've never seen anything like it locally in my lifetime and my work is in the village of Gunness on the Trent bank ( pump house for Tata steel) and speaking to many older workers they have never known anything like it! I'm just hoping it's not all been wrecked otherwise it could be a massive blow for the steel industry in scunny. :(

Edited by Lincstim
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

GFS seems to be forecasting light snow tonight and the NME did yesterday,

Posted

Confirmed. It is snow, stupidly light however.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Heres hoping some of our region have some falling snow over the coming week, no notable accumulations but hey a little interest and seasonal at least, admittedly won't stick or hang around with the flip flopping temps between systems coming in, but seems we have the possibility if the intensity is there and you have a bit of altitude 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Wouldn't be surprised to see snow to low levels on Thursday/Friday morning. Temps around 0-1C on a widespread basis. Uppers around -2C at first but -4C later on. Let's remember what happened back in November when surprise snow affected parts of West and South Yorkshire.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Lovely active and lively radar images at present, some very heavy rain around our region at the moment.

The strong wind is lashing it against my window, how lovely and cosy is it to hear rain hammering against the windows Posted Image

Its looking promising for a little snow i think tomorrow evening as well, with that little feature running up. Fingers crossed!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Look North forecast looked pretty good for a few hours of snowfall in our area, Northern Ireland looks the best place to be though!

Edited by Barry95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

So what are our snow prospects looking like later on this evening?

Looks like the snow prospects will start at around 4pm for our area

Posted Image

It looks best for south Yorkshire though

Posted Image

The snow then moves East

Posted Image

With some showers in North Yorkshire later on

Posted Image

Then in the early hours of Friday, snow looks likely for West Yorkshire, with Huddersfield, Bradford and Leeds in the firing line.

Posted Image

Sheffield looks the place to be for a few hours of snowfall.

Edited by Barry95

Posted

I'm around 165m ASL in Upper Longwood, outside of Huddersfield.. Times/chances of settling snow??? I know it probably won't amount to much but would be nice to see.!

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Holy crap!!!!!!

NAE and BBC appear to be wrong and too far south, chances for West Yorkshire i'd say are better than forecast.

Posted

Posted Image

Seems to be largely sleet and snow though crappier than expected, not sure how we expect 6-9 hours from this.

Posted

The forecast is going as planned from what I can see, the band will break-up over the Pennines like it is currently doing and most of Yorkshire will be left with fragment rain and sleet. Dunno where the talk of 6-9 hours has come from.

Edit: Though it does look some-what promising on the latest radar if rather temperamental judging by the echoes dispersing and re-appearing..

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted

very disappointing winter forecast for the foreseable future, nothing remotely cold for here, here is hoping i see at least some snow in feb but i am having to go to Rekjavik to find it, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

NO SNOW just rain..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

we had a quick blast of sleet at 4-30 at outibridge but soon went and now cleared,nothing to write home about