Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Yes very exciting! Sledge is primed and ready :) the model discussion thread is a roller coaster at the moment I can see it's going to

be that way for the next few days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Cant help but feel things have downgraded a bit for our regoin.

The low on wednesday now seems to be too far east and contains a 'warm' sector which means we will probably all see rain Posted Image

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

I don't think we can deny there has been a bit of a downgrade in the models in terms of snow but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least some falling snow at modest levels this week.

I would imagine there will also be some settling snow at times in Pennine areas depending on the intensity of the precipitation and the time of day it falls...certainly a nice and seasonal week coming and not bad for mid November...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

yes your right, at least its going to feel cold and frost is always a nice second to snow for me Posted Image

as long as its wintry im happy lol!

I think you hit the nail on the head with 'November', as it seems a few in the model thread in particular forget that it isnt even winter yet, still plenty of time left for snow Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

I will be thrilled if we see some snow from this first bite of the cherry but to be honest I am looking forward to some cold crispness and then let that cold come through :)

• Like 1

Posted

well, i must admit that all this talk of cold weather is surprising me from a imby perspective, the forecast is for temps around 8c, so not overly cold, only 1 night this week that it gets below freezing, other than that its 4/5c so nothing that screams cold. im sure it will be cold further north but not here.

Posted

Day time temps hovering around 7/8º here over the last few days..can't wait to see how it measures tomorrow. What time is the cold front expected to hit our region?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

What a grim old soggy day hovering around 9 though felt chiller in the oppressive drizzle,  some chilly bright days will be a relief working outside in it, though a touch depressed at the event downgrading even a few flurries or near zero days would have made it interesting well would have made for an easy working week anyway Posted Image (being on salary in winter can be great) just hoping there's no return to zonality, though the models seem to be edging towards a hp scenario with potential for an easterly based incursion heres hoping though theres more flip flopping than a summer day at Cleethorpes 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

If those showers make it as far as Yorkshire, don't be surprised to see some wet snow.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice crisp morning. Currently 0.3º up here..everything's nice and shiney in the moonlight. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Got snow here in Scarborough at the moment. Nothing too heavy and it hasn't got a chance of laying but first of the year is always good to see!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Working in Scarborough in a few hours was hoping to see some snow but looks like showers have all moved out to sea now, could see the anvils from York earlier looked lovely!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Hard to believe it won't snow tonight. 

Temperature is currently -1C with a dew point of -4C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Hard to believe it won't snow tonight. 

Temperature is currently -1C with a dew point of -4C.

-1.6C here. Cold rain is a complete waste of time. Wish it would stay clear all night.

Posted

Rain, gusty wind and the dizzy highs of 4.6º. Last night the car was frosty and hubby was moaning about de icer, he didn't take me seriously when I said not to worry..

Posted

The occlusion looks to be about an hour away 

Temperature is 3C with a dew point of 1C.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

heres a video for you lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6WZeKFHGkM

I am working on more videos and will post them as I finish

• Like 1

Posted

Precipitation has arrived here.

I'm not totally sure whether it's rain or sleet though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Starting to snow here.