Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Events

I've been around Hutton Mulgrave, Mickleby and Dalehouse (nr Staithes) today and there was quite a bit of water damage in the fords. Houses in Dalehouse village had been flooded. Had to rescue a driver who had bogged his car on the silt left behind in the watersplash.Was up there yesterday afternoon and it was torrential most of the time I was there driving around the area but according to a customer it got worse around early evening and that's when the damage occured from the torrents of water that came down the becks and lanes.

I found a badly shot video on YouTube of someone driving round the area and I was surprised how bad it was. It rained all day here but nothing as bad as some of the storms we have had the last few years Edited by Formula_1_Fan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

After feeling a chill in the air i have appeared back on here Posted Image  in all seriousness whilst a bit grim (and i work outside) it made a refreshing change to feel a bite to the wind, very autumnal day near Doncaster with nagging light rain, willing away September as whilst it can happen i'm eagerley anticipating the first proper frost, though i'm having an Autumn break in North wales in mid October so it can be unseasonably mild that week Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

Hi Yorks and Lincs folks. I'm heading to the Alchemy Festival (small one of about 2,000 mad hippies, party animals, live in vehicle types, dance and bands lovers) next THURSDAY (19th September). And I will be there until the morning of Monday 23rd. It's near Coningsby, about 25? miles from Lincoln.

OK yes, utterly mad to be heding for my penultimate outdoor festival so late in the 'season' (our very last is in Gloucestershire, w/e of 28th September). But I would welcome some local words of wisdom on washout or not? prospects for the relevant period..

The current model output today (Friday 13th, unlucky for many!) looks pretty disturbed/disturbing, especially foir early next week, but also there seem to be big risks of that fierce rainy and galey looking Low Pressure clinging far too close for comfort near the East Coast, Any talk of High Pressure influence as far N and E as rural Lincs looks very faint at the moment. Especially not as early as Thursday 19th or even Friday 20th.

But I suppose its not impossible that by Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd, things might have improved.

Your thoughts? Thanks ....

Posted

I'll reply to my own post then by saying that it now looks like I posted that doomforecasting worry of a post somewhat prematurely as it turns out.

Most current models right now pointing towards a  much more benign/pleasant end of week ahead and with some possible actual warmth by the weekend itself.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hi William of Walworth I am very pleased about this weekend's upcoming calm, dry and warm period - I along with my business partner are running our first big outdoor festival ( http://www.lincsfoodfest.co.uk ) in Cleethorpes and of course we have been wondering what the weather will be doing this weekend for sometime even if there is nothing we can physically do about it! (Aside from hire more marquees that is o/ )

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Fog already forming in Bradford, a suprise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

A lovely ECM run tonight if you like cold weather like me.

UKMO looks to be close to it aswell from what ive read and seen in the model thread. its already fireworks in there lol and its only autumn!

Its been mild for so long now that the end of this week and the weekend could be quite a shock and reminder that were now into October.....

• Like 1

Posted

Can't say I favour my chances of snow this year now that I live in central London (near Covent Garden). I guess I'll start posting in the South East threads now Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Cheese Rice keep popping in when it snows so we can make you feel sick lol..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Mmmm skies got an orange tint here now. Weird. It isn't the neon glow either.

Posted

Street lighting reflecting off the low muck?

Actually, I bet since there is heavy rain to the south of you, It's the glow from the transformer that powers the sheffield storm shield.

Yikes, just looked outside, glowing here too, what is that??

Posted

Street lighting reflecting off the low muck?Actually, I bet since there is heavy rain to the south of you, It's the glow from the transformer that powers the sheffield storm shield.

Nope the fogs gone skies gone back to normal now. I go for the Sheffield Shield being tested....

Posted

Everybody excited, only a month to go for snow.

In 50% of years from 2000 the first snow has arrived between Nov 20th and Dec 10th. 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012 were earlier, 2002 and 2006 were later.

Posted

Interesting fact that SB, and one I like Posted Image

It does seem that the winter climate has changed over the last few years doesnt it, and as a coldie its fantastic

Lets hope winter 2013/2014 will be another good and snowy one for Yorkshire, we normaly get some good falls at least here compared to some other parts of the country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Could be in for a wild day today! 

Posted

Yeah its blustery up here atm, some strong gusts

I cant help feel like were going to miss out tomorrow though Posted Image its all looking too far south.

BBC weather website only says early rain clearing to showers and perhaps strong winds. Shame!

Posted

Storm will be well south of Yorkshire. Winds should slowly be moderating from now onwards falling light by early hours and then only picking to gust to lower 30's.

Posted

Shame we'll miss the wind then, always love laying in bed listening to it Posted Image

Theres always the chance of a last minute turn north tho ey Posted Image haha

Having said that though, although we may miss the wind, we are still in the firing line for the heaviest rain are we not? I think the jist ive got from the storm thread is that its wind south and rain north?

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted

Interesting nmm charts have it much closer however no cigar for us......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Hearing reports that there could be another storm heading in for the weekend hitting the north this time. Anyone got any info on this

Posted

lets hope its better than the one yesterday cuz the trees didnt even move last night here! crap!

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

We had more gusts today than yesterday! I recorded 24mph.. yesterday barley registered 10 (mind you, I wouldn't mind so much if the row of trees causing turbulence and interfering with my readings blew over )