Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Yep thy r

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

There is nothing exciting to talk about - that's why nobody is posting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

A few flashes of lightening and thunder in the past hour to the south east of Sheffield.

The rain is very heavy now and the radar is very bright to a long way south, so it does look like the soaking is here.

Shame were probably not going to get a proper storm though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Took the dog for a walk Rodley playing fields (NW Leeds) as Bexford likes to go scuba diving for rocks in the Beck. Here's my dog chasing rocks in a half empty beck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SQJV8agV1g

It had just started to rain but looking at the incoming cloud i quickly got out knowing what was coming. Less than 15 minutes later this was the same beck, at least 4ft deeper!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZQtjFkj_bU

• Like 1

Posted

Been an absolutely cracking day with 3 decent storms and fantastic cloudscapes.The middle storm looked really scary and moody as it approached but we had the least rain out of that.Really enjoyed today,been up there with the best for me!.Oh im in Bingley.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Forecast for this weekend please x

Scunny

North lincs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Warm humid day in sunny scunny today.

27 degrees with a 72% humidity (feels sticky but I've payed footy a 11am and still hot after that after putting on my man cream lol)

Dew point or 20 degrees

All in all a great day and occasionally a nice slight breeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I know they aren't exactly that accurate, but when I got my car it was still registering 24c here on the coast about 20 minutes ago. Must be some local records being broken here, never known it so hot so late in the day.

Posted

Absolutely belted it down, I mean really heavy rain, at 03.15 this morning in Wakefield. So heavy it woke me up. Rained hard for about 15 mins before it tailed off.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Hey all, may seem slightly off topic but I thought it best to put it in here anyway...

I'll be moving up to Sheffield at the end of September because I'm going to university there - What should my expectations be with regards to the white stuff in winter?  Presumably, relative to my current location, I'll maybe be slightly worse off from easterlies but better from northerlies?  And generally better in marginal set ups due to the higher ground?

Cheers :)

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Can only speak for Leeds but your similar in height and just being south. Straight notherlies just produce sun, frontal snow is good and easterlies will hammer you. A good westerly component to a north westerly will also provide.

All in all, a probable improvement.

Edited by summer blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Ahhh okay cheers sounds promising :)

Just looking at the map, is there a possibility of some kind of Humber streamer delivering for the area?

Posted

Met office warning for today and tonight:

Heavy showers and thunderstorms will become increasingly likely late this afternoon and this evening across parts of northern England and southeast Scotland.

The public should be aware of the potential for localised torrential downpours, accompanied by thunder and lightning, bringing the risk of surface water flooding and some disruption, for example to travel.

There remains some uncertainty in just how widespread showers and thunderstorms will become later today, with conflicting signals offered by various computer models. However the area depicted is considered to have the highest probability of seeing some intense downpours, with localised totals of 20 mm within an hour and 50 mm in 3 hours.

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

Hi Jed,

There was some cracking lightning here last nite around 9 pm ish. Torrential rain too.

Was great display as was dark outside and first night time storm I can remember for a bit...Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Jed,

There was some cracking lightning here last nite around 9 pm ish. Torrential rain too.

Was great display as was dark outside and first night time storm I can remember for a bit...Posted Image

Nice, I saw some lightning mainly towards north leeds but only flashes. Prefer those big forks and loud booms, hopefully see some tonight :) 

Posted

Nice, I saw some lightning mainly towards north leeds but only flashes. Prefer those big forks and loud booms, hopefully see some tonight Posted Image

Agreed.

Yeh that T-Storm was to the NNW west of me so places around Guiseley / Menston maybe must have got hammered..Posted Image

Edited by NW Leeds Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The bulk of that storm was mostly for N Leeds. I was in east Leeds and we had around 13 - 17mm of rain in a short time period - but even once the rain had stopped, the lightning and thunder continued, very brightly and the thunder quite loud. When I looked at the radar echos, there was a very heavy area of PPN over Roundhay, which was where the lightning was most frequent.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Intensification on the leading band of rain now.  Wind increasing here.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Definately feels and smells like autumn out there tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Events

Hi guys, I don't post on here that often but I wondered if anyone had any info on the damage yesterday's flood has done to Saltburn. It is probably our little ones favourite place so it will be really sad if there is any lasting damage, but from these pics it doesn't look good. http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=31703.0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold & dry or cold & snow but definitely not oppresive heat and humidity

I've been around Hutton Mulgrave, Mickleby and Dalehouse (nr Staithes) today and there was quite a bit of water damage in the fords. Houses in Dalehouse village had been flooded. Had to rescue a driver who had bogged his car on the silt left behind in the watersplash.

Was up there yesterday afternoon and it was torrential most of the time I was there driving around the area but according to a customer it got worse around early evening and that's when the damage occured from the torrents of water that came down the becks and lanes.