Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion: 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Early days yet but having looked at the netweather NCEP charts northern England and western NI would get 3 months either at or slightly above average for this coming winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Early days yet but having looked at the netweather NCEP charts northern England and western NI would get 3 months either at or slightly above average for this coming winter

yeah but there is many different charts and forecasts that say a different story like the post i added earlier, even the netweather one goes with below temps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

CFS model has the AO Arctic Oscillation trending negative towards the end of the year COLD SNAPS

Posted Image

Posted

yeah but there is many different charts and forecasts that say a different story like the post i added earlier, even the netweather one goes with below temps

Which forecast you looking at lee is it this one? http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=longrange;sess=

Posted

Which forecast you looking at lee is it this one? http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=longrange;sess=

yeah that one 

Posted

yeah that one 

Since netweather updated that the northern blocking isn't as dominante now as it was a few weeks back I've covered it here as best I can I know its not easy without the charts but I don't want to copy them over as they are the ones you get with the subscription and update every Friday

Posted

Someone was here this morning who used to work in the wooded ravine upstream and said it was 'inevitable' that log bridges put across to make a walking trail would wash down and block the road bridges - this is exactly what happened. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

just me slowly getting excited for winter?

• Like 1

Posted

just me slowly getting excited for winter?

The temperature was only 3c here at 05.30 this morning which certainly got me thinking about winter.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely warm sunny day in Darlo today

17.0c and rising

Perfect weather for getting in the Garden and getting it ready for late winter / spring 2014

Its nice to work outside and not need a jumper on still

Posted Image

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

The temperature was only 3c here at 05.30 this morning which certainly got me thinking about winter.

Yup waking up during the night and grabbing a duvet made me realise ha

Posted

Since netweather updated that the northern blocking isn't as dominante now as it was a few weeks back I've covered it here as best I can I know its not easy without the charts but I don't want to copy them over as they are the ones you get with the subscription and update every Friday

to be fair though gav when it comes to jan feb at this stage we may aswell make it up,

Posted

to be fair though gav when it comes to jan feb at this stage we may aswell make it up,

Yeah long way to go yet before we can get any firm suggestions for winter mid to late October onwards should see signals starting to firm up more

Posted

U beat me to it gav, I've been watching the storm for a while seems to be weakening

Posted

Storms from the south seem to hit us storms from the west and north always seem to slide by as they reach darlo when it looked to hit head on, can anybody explain that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Couple of loud bangs heard in Newcastle earlier too coming from the West of the city.  

Posted

Thunder currently over the skies of darlo again the main part of the storm sliding to the east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frightning Lightning !!

Plenty of flashing go on just off the coast and nearby !!

Excellent show now :D

• Like 1

Posted

Just read that wondering what you were on about - then heard a rumble!Radar does look surprisingly lively from nowhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

counted 9 strikes so far. The cells are passing just to my east but i have a great view. Rain is light at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frightning Lightning !!

Light rain here but not spoiling the light show.....I was in the loft until about ten mins ago and saw some lovely cloud to cloud flashes .........not much thunder though...strange !