Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion: 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

This solar storm may last for 3-4 days. Looking on fb incidents of Teesside the airport is currently having delays as is Newcastle for low level lightning but again I cant see anything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Issued at:
1045 on Thu 22 Aug 2013

Valid from:
0005 on Sat 24 Aug 2013

Valid to:
2100 on Sat 24 Aug 2013

Outbreaks of rain affecting parts of England and Wales during Saturday are likely to turn heavy at times, with a risk a of local accumulations in excess of 40 mm. The public should be aware of possible localised surface water flooding where heaviest showers.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

A frontal zone stalling over much of the area on Saturday will produce spells of showery rain. Some of this rain will be heavy, perhaps with thunder, and locally torrential. Where the heaviest rain occurs is very uncertain, largely due to the complex fashion in which this frontal zone develops. Current thinking suggests northern and western parts of the region covered by the warning may improve later on Saturday whilst further south and east improvement is considered likely to be slower.

Areas under the warning

Darlington, Durham, Gateshead, Newcastle upon Tyne, North Tyneside, Northumberland, South Tyneside, Stockton-on-Tees, Sunderland, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=ne&fcTime=1377298800

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

heres hoping for a 2nd night of fun, thundery downpours expected later this evening and hopefully the solar storm will continue, radar viewing and beers is the order for tonight, infact im just watching the radar now and a shower has just passed through darlo and not a spot of rain fell strange

Posted

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Same here in Ashington radar says its been raining for an hour but not a drop ive seenTony

ive found out why there is high pressure just off the east coast and within it there is some dry air which is evaporating the rain as it falls, but with this developing low coming in that will take over as the main feature so rain will then start to fall and hopefully the storms will develop

Edited by Lee aka Boro Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frightning Lightning !!

At last !! 

Just had a very good light show ! Some superb cloud to cloud arcs ...even my daughter was enjoying it  :D

• Like 1

Posted

At last !! 

Just had a very good light show ! Some superb cloud to cloud arcs ...even my daughter was enjoying it  Posted Image

still more to come looking at the radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Looking like a very stormy night for the north east now plenty of cells popping up now.

The thunder has eased of for the time being here but still raining.

Posted

Looking like a very stormy night for the north east now plenty of cells popping up now.

The thunder has eased of for the time being here but still raining.

i havent had a night storm for years there was plenty of flashes lastnight but it was away in the distance, fingers crossed

Posted

Well the lull dident last long huge CG lightning and big crack of thunder.

My sky has gone off which means nothing as i think it goes off when my next door neighbour farts it goes of that oftenPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted

i havent had a night storm for years there was plenty of flashes lastnight but it was away in the distance, fingers crossed

Good luck mate, plenty of lightning here the rain is getting very heavy now not quite torrential but getting close. Not many lightning strikes showing on the radar but there has been plenty all around me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Next batch; enjoy Teesside and eastern Durham! Ultra intensity storm stuff coming down from the S/SW, hit and miss. Looking dark, grim and pretty autumnal out there at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted

I take my hat off to the met-office,didn't think there was much chance of storms in the region

looking at the usual charts,but lo and behold they have appeared.

Met Office: North East England: severe weather warnings

They get plenty of stick for getting it wrong,so fair play this time.Posted Image 

Hopefully the rest of the region can get in on the thundery action!

• Like 2

Posted

Next batch; enjoy Teesside and eastern Durham! Ultra intensity storm stuff coming down from the S/SW, hit and miss. Looking dark, grim and pretty autumnal out there at the moment.

That cell you mention has exploded as i was making my last post!!

Posted

its getting extremly dark out there the skies look very threatening but again that cell looks like just passing south of darlo

Posted

Big flashes over here in Eston !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The darlo rain shield is in full swing tonight even though the radar shows rain over Darlo I can confirm its dry and dark

Posted Image

Posted

Round 2 underway here looks like the core of the storm is to my west but still some good light shows going on. what a night so far.

• Like 1

Posted

Wow ...purple lightning ...bring it on !!! 

Best storm for ages round here .

• Like 2