Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion: 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Blue sky over Darlo again at the moment seems like a clear slot from the north west has developed

didnt last long lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

didnt last long lol

I know about 10 mins max doesn't feel as cold now even though its still cloudy, looks like tomorrow should be brighter

Posted

A chilly day today with a NW'ly wind its warmer when the sun is out but when the cloud and at times rain passes over its a chilly day haven't said that in a while!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

yeah a bit autumnal today which is nice, going to be a chilly night aswell metorite shower watching, Posted Image

Posted Image

Rainbow from yesterday

Edited by Lee aka Boro Snow

Posted

Replace with bresnan and it looks like that's what's gunna happen. Bairstow hasn't set the world on fire in this series but the lad can bat. Enjoy ya day I'm going on Monday I'm hoping it lasts that long

Good job you went today and not tomorrow Lee with it getting wrapped up today

Posted Image

Posted

Good job you went today and not tomorrow Lee with it getting wrapped up today:good:

wow yeah just got bk amazing day n abit worse for where lol. How some of those showers managed to miss us I will never no. Gunna chill out side for a bit for meteorite watching and the space st passes at 11.01. A bit chilly tho but beer warmth will come into play Edited by Lee aka Boro Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Thursday

Posted Image

Temperatures around 15c to 17c, very mild and wet early on.

Posted Image

Highs of around 20c to 22c, gradually becoming sunnier with some intermittent showers and cloud outbreaks.

Posted Image

A more pronounced band of rain moves through during the evening, temperatures around 17c to 18c.

Summary
A very mild day which begins with rain for most, and large amounts of cloud cover, which breaks intermittently in the afternoon, allowing some sunshine and a brief stop to the rain- it stays mild and becomes wetter as the evening moves on.

Posted

After a wet spell early this morning its dried up now looking to my north I can see an area of blue sky developing

Posted

Its been a cloudy start in Darlo after a wet night but don't worry blue sky and sunshine is making its way down from the north west

Posted

Is there anyone here that keeps records or can remember how many snow lying days they managed in February and March 2013? Cheers.

i think gav above does mate

Posted

i think gav above does mate

I don't keep any records like that unfortunately 

Rain is just starting to fall in Darlo its been threatening for hours now

Posted

I don't keep any records like that unfortunately  Rain is just starting to fall in Darlo its been threatening for hours now

yeah died off when coming into darlo then really intensified coming into Teesside, shield springs to mind

Posted

yeah died off when coming into darlo then really intensified coming into Teesside, shield springs to mind

Yeah gonna be wet at the riverside this afternoon I think its gonna make the pitch slick

Posted

After a lovely start cloud has increased from the west two bands of rain are missing us currently

Posted Image

Hopefully this is just a blip and the sun will break through again fairly quickly

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Whilst most of eastern England is bathed in sunshine this morning we are stuck under a small area of cloud which is slowly thinning from the north west.

The way its looking at the moment the met office have got the forecast right but the wrong way round as I've highlighted in red

A fine and mostly dry day with good sunny spells. Best of the sunshine in the morning with cloud amounts increasing for the afternoon. Light to moderate westerly winds.

Posted

Its a lovely summers afternoon in Darlo today warm and sunny with just a light breeze

Currently its 22.7c

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

We have incoming storms about 10-15 miles south of darlo, avnt seen a night storm for a while I'm hoping it continues

Posted

Looking at the radar it's just passed thru Richmond. My mate in boro just rang and he said he could see loads of flashes looking out towards north York's but I can't see anything

Posted

Also these a sola storm going on which may explain the flashes u saw