Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion: 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Still 18 here sat in a large paddling pool drinking pear cidre looking at the stars, perfect evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

19 degrees at the mo not to bad hopefully the sun will come out later on. Tomorrow bk to warm sunny conditions and Fri hot hot hot and it could go bang

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

19 degrees at the mo not to bad hopefully the sun will come out later on. Tomorrow bk to warm sunny conditions and Fri hot hot hot and it could go bang

Could go bang?! lol this is Darlo we're talking about here the thunderstorm curse town

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Didn't go above 17C yesterday, and today looks like going the same way at this rate. Looking forward to a hot weekend though, I'll be down south so the heat should last through the weekend.

Posted

A bit of h2o falling from the sky nothing on the radar

Posted

It's 27.4 C here.

Posted

29 degrees here wasn't expecting so much cloud though

Posted

Looks like a large shower quickly developing north of Newcastle

Posted

What a lovely hot day it's been today, there is a light breeze which will hopefully make tonight a little bit more comfortable

Also a lot of cloud rolling into darlo from the north

Edited by Lee aka Boro Snow

Posted

What a lovely hot day it's been today, there is a light breeze which will hopefully make tonight a little bit more comfortableAlso a lot of cloud rolling into darlo from the north

It looks like this hot weather has a long way to go yet ensembles look solid till the 23rd

Posted

Lovely temperatures up here today, it has been far too hot down in Oxford this weekend so I'm glad to have some more comfortable weather, though its still pleasantly warm!

Posted

Hot and a bit humid in Darlo with some high cloud just turning the sunshine hazy at times

Currently 27.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder snow

Lovely and cool tonight, may get a decent night sleep. what's the chances of us seeing a night time thunderstorm over the next week, must be pretty high, i cannot remember the last time we had a storm that lasted a few hours during the night, fingers crossed guys.

• Like 1

Posted

A lot more cloud across the region today which has brought with it fresher air just looks to be a blip though with sunshine forecast to return next week it looks touch and go for thunderstorms in this region currently the southern tip of NE England is just and I mean Just in the yellow warning zone from the met office today

Posted

Much cooler here today as well. I reckon the NE could catch a storm around the middle of this week but I'm going to Florida on Monday so I'll miss out, although I'd be surprised if I don't see any there!

Posted

Repeat of yesterday springs to mind

Posted

A few glimmers of hope now with the sun just starting to break though the clouds I can see some patches of blue sky as well which is more than I saw yesterday

Posted

The latest GFS is an absolute stonker for our region if you want storms, enjoy this week you lot!

• Like 1

Posted

Latest warning from the met office for these thunderstorms

Issued at:

1149 on Sun 21 Jul 2013

Valid from:

0000 on Tue 23 Jul 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Wed 24 Jul 2013

Warning

During this period, all but some northwestern areas of the UK come under a much increased risk of seeing thunderstorms or longer spells of thundery rain, with some torrential downpours in places. The peak risk transfers northeastwards with time and will probably be clear of most southern and western areas of Britain by the start of Wednesday. This update to the Alert issued yesterday, includes areas as far north as southern Scotland; further updates are likely. The public should be aware of the risk of localised disruption to travel, and more generally to summer holiday activities, due to (for example) surface water flooding.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

An area of low pressure is expected to increasingly interact with the plume of hot, humid air resident across parts of southern Britain. Whilst preceding days will have seen relatively isolated thunderstorms, the developing set-up on Tuesday and Wednesday, provides the ingredients for more widespread and energetic storms. Large rainfall totals, falling in short periods (perhaps exceeding 50 mm in 3 hours) and onto hard-baked ground, may lead to flooding locally, with hail and gusty winds an additional possibility. As is common in such situations, not everywhere will catch the heaviest of the storms, and some places may well escape altogether. The Alert intentionally covers a broad area at present, to cater for the uncertainties in the thundery focus, as signposted by various available computer model output. As such, further updates to the area are highly likely.

And the BBC weather for the week ahead

Posted

Sunny spells in darlo now the cloud is thinning slowly enough now to allow the sun to poke through

Posted

Sunny spells in darlo now the cloud is thinning slowly enough now to allow the sun to poke through

must be just were you live lol i havent seen the sun all day

Posted

Not a bad evening with some sunshine here, although it has clouded over again now and the temperature didn't get above 19°C. Tomorrow looks fiercly hot further south with thunderstorms starting to break out, very tropical!

Edited by Alza