Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Glastonbury Wed 26 to Sun 30 June 2013

I actually read that document and didn't see my "name". Posted Image

The Guardian and The Huffington Post....2 quality publictations...Well done!

Jackoone there is talk of trying to an attempt in getting you to be Glastonbury's offical weatherman...Would you welcome someone trying to make this happen (unlikely though it may be!) ?

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

Looks like I'm going to miss any new updates from JACKONE and AWD but thanks so much both, for all the information and anlysis so far. High grade stuf, and generally much more positive (even vastly so) than 2011, even allowing for the usual ups and downs on this roller coaster riide. And dare I say, from this mornings very latest over on model output thread, conditions MIGHT fare even better than 2010?

We're off at 1 pm today, Friday-- been packing all morning pending festivaldeb's imminent return.

Have a great Glastonbury week everyone, whether you're there or not. We'll be on site from Sunday! There til Tuesday 3rd

Back sometime late that Tuesday, 3rd July. Unless we decide never to leave, always a temptation for crew in dry/sunny years ... Posted Image

• Like 1

Another mention today and a link to this thread, on the front page of the website.... http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jun/21/glastonbury-2013-weather-forecast-less-muddy

Cue another rant from me on the subject of the press' desire for a wet one!

"Less muddy" infers that the site is currently wet, or will be wet at the start of the festival. The facts demonstrate neither to be true.

Even if that were the case, the word "drier" would be better use of language. But that would sound too positive and would sell fewer papers, right?

Edited by Kid A

I just hope the forecast is right now, as much as getting my name over the papers is somewhat gratifying in a selfish way. It would be embarrassing if the weather did a about turn for both me and NetWeather. By the way does this make the paper version of the Guardian, as I might buy a copy for posterity.

I will continue to run forecasts through the event, but usually this is to a reducing number as we get to the Friday.

When are most people heading off to site, and as such what day would you want the final pre event forecast to be done, Monday or Tuesday.

I know there are many lurkers who are not Net Weather Members, so if you could tweet Net Weather about this that would be great.

Edited by Jackone
  • Like 1

Tuesday for me, after then phone (or at least of the smart variety) will be well and truly off. Thnx again jackone for you forecasts, and AWD too, double bonus that they are currently for good weather, lets hope it stays that way! If you were ever to go one year, I am pretty sure you would have many pints bought for you, including a cpl from me, it's great to have a long range forecast eapecially for glastonbury! And now you're (even more) famous!

We are going ealry Thursday morning, so it would be great if you could do them up to wednesday night.  It's great that things are looking more positive and thankfully nothing like 2011.  All you that are going have a great one!

Edited by Tornandfrayed

A bit delayed tonight.

A bit more concern about the potential rainfall for next weekend on some ensembles, to contra this the ECM looks a bit drier. Such is the roller-coaster of the models.

Definitely one to watch, but I still it is better to have rain at the end of the festival rather than the beginning.

http://forum.netweather.tv/blog/189/entry-4634-glastonbury-forecast-15-21st-june/

Forecast plans

I'll do a full forecast blog, Saturday and Sunday.

From next week, I will do a forecast for each day of the festival.

From Next Wednesday, I will do daily updates for the remaining days of the festival.

Edited by Jackone

Hi Jackone,

I've been glued to your forecasts since 2007 (less said about the weather hat year the better).

I know some folks here and over at efestivals forum have suggested buying you a ticket to show how much these forecasts mean to us all, but you've said it's not really your thing, so how about this for a suggestion;

Glastonbury is known for the huge amounts of money it raises for various good causes every year, so how about yo nominate a charity close to our heart and us grateful Glasto goers then have the option chip in small donations as a way of showing our appreciation for all the work you put into this forecasts.

• Like 3

Hi Jackone,

I've been glued to your forecasts since 2007 (less said about the weather hat year the better).

I know some folks here and over at efestivals forum have suggested buying you a ticket to show how much these forecasts mean to us all, but you've said it's not really your thing, so how about this for a suggestion;

Glastonbury is known for the huge amounts of money it raises for various good causes every year, so how about yo nominate a charity close to our heart and us grateful Glasto goers then have the option chip in small donations as a way of showing our appreciation for all the work you put into this forecasts.

A few more likes to my blogs wouldn't go amiss. Posted Image

• Like 3

So Jackone; what do you think the chances are of this forecast possibly changing within the next few days or do you now think Glastonbury is set for an (at least) mostly dry year?

If you look in the Model Thread, the main discussion is around sunshine amounts,. it is looking dry/mostly dry until Friday, a few weakening fronts may edge south, but this is very unlikely to being any significant rain at all. To me that is looking pretty well set.

The weekend is a bit different, the models keep trying to edge the LP further south, but the Azores High is trying to keep them away, still not looking that bad, but his part of the forecast, has the most uncertainty.

Latest blog update

http://forum.netweather.tv/blog/189/entry-4637-glastonbury-forecast-16-22nd-june/

A bit of good news today, the weekend looking a bit drier as signs of High Pressure re-establishing itself.

However a little bit of rain possible Thursday into Friday, but not really amounting to that much.

I have an issue with the forecast today, as It doesn't flow as well I would like. I think getting close to the festival, getting the balance between the synoptic pattern and detail gets ever more difficult.

• Like 2

Just to say it is currently jaffa cakesing down here in Devon, about 40 mins from site. It's wet, very windy and cold and thank f**k Glastonbury isn't this weekend. It's actually like a nasty Autumn evening out there at present....

Bring on the sun!!!!! 

Looking at the rainfall radar from last night, it appears the worst of the rain missed the site.

post-213-0-06860400-1371976264_thumb.jpg post-213-0-99396400-1371976562_thumb.jpg

(The red dot corresponds with the site - the first charts is a wider zoom, the 2nd is zoomed in a bit more - both cover the past 24hrs accumulated radar)

The webcams are not looking too bad, if there are any on-site photos  available that would be great .

Rainfall totals continue to look small, any weak front weakening just before next weekend, and next weekend itself looking increasingly dry and hopefully sunny.

Edited by Jackone
  • Like 1

Hi Jackone, yet an other long-term lurker. Firstly thanks so much for all your effort, its been amazing! And in regards to site-pictures, someone posted a couple on the 'Weather' thread on the eFests Glasto forum. Here they are...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I believe they are from this morning, looking pretty dry on the ground! Posted Image

• Like 3