Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your favourite beaches in the UK

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Cornish beaches are fantastic (only a month until I take my anual trip to Perranporth - love 'The Watering Hole'). Gwithian in Cornwall is also fantastic, better than anything abroad.

But being Suffolk born and bred I have to love Suffolk beaches. If you want the old fashioned seaside feel, Southwold is fantastic; feels very victorian. Also a good drop of local brew from Adnams!

Walberswick is also another charming Suffolk seaside village.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

When you think of Scottish beaches, what do you imagine? Grey sand, windswept dunes, cold-looking sheep huddled by some rocks on the shoreline? If so, prepare to have your mind blown. Scotland boasts some of the most beautiful, unspoilt beaches in the world. Cancel your holiday to the Bahamas…the Outer Hebrides (and Highlands) is where it’s at.

https://www.bypost.com/blog/beaches

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Got to admit it looks very tempting....we nearly went for going to Scotland this year but ended up sticking with Cornwall.

Next year however.....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

The ones I live by are my favourite,not immediately around Bomo pier, but as you wander westwards towards Sandbanks & over to Shell Bay, they are the finest anywhere, especially now the grockles have all gone home, for another year.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

The Beaches on Anglesey where the best I have seen in the UK around Newborough and Abberffraw. Best time I have had on the beach since leaving Oz, although the water temperature left something to be desired. Cornwall beaches were also nice but far too many people for my liking which is why I preferred Anglesey.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

The beaches in Arisaig West coast Scotland are beautiful .........Local hero filmed there......and even better not many people on them...........the kind i like................

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I used to like Dawlish Warren, and Dawlish beach when I was younger, not to sure if the warren is still there after recent storm events, it's a peninsular of sand dunes to the left of the main beach. I also like Dymchurch and Margate. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

The Warren is still there, it's a little more protected - it was Dawlish that took the brunt of it!

Edited by Great Plum

• 1 year later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Any beach that has a combination of sand and all-day fish & chips will do me!:D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
On 3/26/2016 at 9:06 PM, Ed Stone said:

Any beach that has a combination of sand and all-day fish & chips will do me!:D

Hello Ed,

Have you tried Wells-Next-Sea on the north Norfolk coast it certainly ticks both of your boxes?

Kind Regards

Dave

• 1 year later...
Posted

Sandwood Bay in NW Scotland, I visited it 30+ years ago, fine day and the only people there.

Picture is from Wiki, it was before digital cameras, probably have some prints somewhere.

Sandwood_Bay_North_View.jpg