Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scepticism Of Man Made Climate Change

Paul

Posted

The comparisons are interesting but show as much as anything how the ice had grown enormously during the previous colder period.There had been rapid retreat by the 1950s as some of them show.Is it evidence for AGW - not really. 

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Nothing new here

To understand climate change, we have to look at what climate’s done for the last 1,000 years. Beginning about 900 years ago, we experienced a global cooling event that triggered the Little Ice Age. In Alaska, glaciers expanded dramatically, and many glaciers filled fjords.

At the peak of the Little Ice Age, there were probably 200 ice-calving [glaciers] in Alaska. Since then, we have seen more than 99 percent of the more than 2,000 glaciers in Alaska begin to actively retreat, and continue to retreat up to the present. We’ve gone from over 200 tidewater-calving glaciers to less than 50.Lets turn the clock back.To the 18 hundreds

Posted Image

28 Sep 1910 – RECEDING GLACIERS.

The Braidwood Dispatch and Mining Journal  Wednesday 28 September 1910

Except over a small area, it is generally understood, the glaciers of the world are retreating to the mountains. The glacier on Mount Sermiento in South America, which descended to the sea when Darwin found it in 1836, is now separated from the shore by a vigorous growth of timber. The Jacobshaven glacier in Greenland has retreated four miles since 1850, and the East glacier in Spitzbergen is more than a mile away from its original terminal  moraine. In Scandinavia the snow- line is further up the mountains, and the glaciers have withdrawn 3,000ft. from the lowlands in a century. The Araphoe glacier in the Rocky Mountains, with characteristic American enterprise, has been melting at a rapid rate for several years.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just for you lol Records in the last 7 days:

205 snowfall records.

969 Low Max. 203 Low temps.

17 High Temp.

61 High minimum.and yes snow in Texashttp://wx.hamweather.com/maps/climate/records/1week/us.html?cat=maxtemp,mintemp,snow,lowma%20x,highmin, Posted Image

But, keith - that says nothing at all about global warming, global cooling, global anything...It's mighty cold in the US right now, however.Posted Image

Posted

Well, what does Nigel Lawson know about science, for God's sake...He's an economist!

That's what he says, it's about realistic policy making - that does not cause economic meltdown.

what did emerge was that, if anyone needed educating, it was them. Despite the fact that they were headed by Professor Sir Brian Hoskins, the Director of the Grantham Institute, which has pronounced views on climate policy, and a member of the Climate Change Committee, which is concerned with the implementation of the Climate Change Act, they were very reluctant to engage on the crucial issue of climate change policy at all. What was clear, however, was that they had no understanding of, or interest in, the massive human and economic costs involved in the policies they so glibly endorse.

swivel-eyed right-wing loonies and a hodge-podge band of fossil-fuel lobbyists

Charming. Posted Image 

• Like 1

Posted

But, keith - that says nothing at all about global warming, global cooling, global anything...It's mighty cold in the US right now, however.Posted Image

4yrs running constant records are tumbling across the Northern hemisphere there"s constant evidence of cooling taking place ,also Arctic been cooling since 1998 http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2013/11/new-paper-finds-warming-has-also-paused.html.

• Like 1

Posted

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76585-manmade-climate-change-discussion/page-57#entry2853475 

I've just got to post this comment from one of the WUWT deluded.  This is the most scientific rebuttal that most of the WUWTers can come up with! The list refers to the list of authors. You really couldn't make it up.DesertYote says: 

December 3, 2013 at 5:46 pmOne can not assume good intentions that have been misdirected by stupidity. Ever single person in this list is a Marxist. The destruction of capitalism is the goal. Peoples lives are unimportant

Too near home I think, I notice the anti-capitalist rant threads are a favourite.The Met Office seems to have a strange attraction to those of a left wing persuasion. the most scientific rebuttal that most of the WUWTers can come up with Umm No - you just picked one comment  to confirm your bias and obsession with finding things to denigrate.

• Like 3

Posted

Arctic ice continues it!s rapid growth Arctic Sea Ice Extent for 2013 is only 130,000 sq km under the 11,367,000 mean for day 173. Thats 1.13%. You have to go back to 2004 before it was closer to the mean. http://sunshinehours.wordpress.com/2013/12/05/arctic-sea-ice-extent-is-only-240000-sq-km-below-1981-2010-mean-and-higher-than-1996-and-1998-too/

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Over on the self haters thread ( only joking Posted Image ) some are getting there frilly knickers in a twist  over the likes Watts and co, I wonder if we could lay the blame at their door for the ongoing pause in global surface temps.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm if possible but a little snow is nice.

This piece of proxy science is as good as anything else the knotted knicker brigade has produced.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I find it rather amusing that the intellectuals in the other thread are doing exactly what they are accused of. When lacking any substantial science to support their ideological stance they resort to vacuous rhetoric. I await their debut with the literati in WUWT with baited breath. Assuming of course they are not already be there.

I rarely read WUWT as unlike your good self I can think for myself thank you. Edit; on my iPhone why can't I quote this post in the appropriate thread, it keeps turning up here? Edited by Sceptical Inquirer

Posted

This piece of proxy science is as good as anything else the knotted knicker brigade has produced.

Posted Image

Its 17 years old that picture, you need a new one to reflect the modern times of no further warming for nearly 20 years!

Posted

"I find it rather amusing that the intellectuals in the other thread are doing exactly what they are accused of. When lacking any substantial science to support their ideological stance they resort to vacuous rhetoric. I await their debut with the literati in WUWT with baited breath. Assuming of course they are not already be there".

I agree, far better to extract drivel from Wotts. Hotwopper and sceptical science. /sark

Posted

"I find it rather amusing that the intellectuals in the other thread are doing exactly what they are accused of. When lacking any substantial science to support their ideological stance they resort to vacuous rhetoric. I await their debut with the literati in WUWT with baited breath. Assuming of course they are not already be there".

I agree, far better to extract drivel from Wotts. Hotwopper and sceptical science. /sark

Your in the wrong thread worst mike. So you don't read both sides of the argument and science such as  Bob Tisdale, Judith Curry etc, etc, or are you another closed minded individual who can only digest what he  is told rather than seek answers?

Posted

You not see the /sark tag? It includes my whole statement and yes, I read widely from both camps. Certainly not in the wrong thread as my leaning is most definitely sceptical.

Posted

'I'm sorry but for obvious reasons nobody mentioned minds, closed or otherwise. This is again evidenced by the intriguing fact that you can seek answers without reading the science out there. Surely a Prima Facie case of a 'mind' fixated by an unsubstantiated ideology, already made up and presumed to have the answers already.'

Knocker I do not consider the trot ladled out by the sites I mentioned as science. Just saying. Of course what you have just stated could equally be applied to yourself. Just saying again, nothing personal.

Edited by mikeworst

Posted

'I'm sorry but for obvious reasons nobody mentioned minds, closed or otherwise. This is again evidenced by the intriguing fact that you can seek answers without reading the science out there. Surely a Prima Facie case of a 'mind' fixated by an unsubstantiated ideology, already made up and presumed to have the answers already.'

Knocker I do not consider the trot ladled out by the sites I mentioned as science. Just saying. Of course what you have just stated could equally be applied to yourself. Just saying again, nothing personal.

I've probably read more of the official stance than your good self Mike, it's just that I'm not taken in by conjecture and a global dataset which tells us that even though CO2 continues to rise unabated, global temps remains as you were.

Posted

Sorry sceptical inquirer but the first part of that post was quoting knocker in the other thread so your response was more directed to him,lol

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry sceptical inquirer but the first part of that post was quoting knocker in the other thread so your response was more directed to him,lol

Lol, and I was thinking I was responding to knocker previously........ It's been a bloody long day that's my excuse.Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

Lines and deniers

Lol, funny and so true and one were climate manipulators try to deceive the public on historical climate data with fanciful graphs and amusing rhetoric.

Posted
knocker, on 10 Dec 2013 - 06:43, said:More pasted in stuff

Why is so much time and energy spent finding snippets about a blog writer?He doesn't even write the great majority of stuff there.Seems disturbingly like stalking. 

• Like 1

Posted

As usual when when you have nothing useful to say, you resort to cheap personal comments, which I might add could be upsetting to some people. Your ignorance is breathtaking.

Lol, humour isn't one of your strong points then. It was meant as a tongue in cheek reply for your constant drive for posting anything and everything against a sceptical opinion. If you wish merely to discuss scientific facts instead of cheap jibes then let's discuss the pause in global surface temps or how continuing rising CO2 levels aren't impacting as they were proposed to do.

I wouldn't worry overly Knocks?The folk who do the 'drive bys' to complain about the way folk behave in here do get to see such things and so must come to understand the type baiting that goes on in these threads ( which has nothing at all to do with the 'science'?) and so be more tolerant when we occasionally 'bite'?It is a shame that the mods end up clearing up such nonsense though?

Like your comments on climate misleaders? Which is far far more derogatory then anything I've seen posted anywhere else on any forum. Edited by Sceptical Inquirer
  • Like 2