Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scepticism Of Man Made Climate Change

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nothing...but volcanoes do.

What do volcanoes have to do with man-made CO2? I can see how volcanoes impact on natural carbon dioxide, Snowy, and I have no problem with that at all...Can you demonstrate that - in the time since the Industrial Revolution - volcanism has increased sufficiently to account for the near doubling of atmospheric CO2?Posted Image 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Seeing as we now have the complete data set up to 2003 ( from some nice poster engaged in trying to solve the riddle?) then we are only looking for the second half of this alleged 'cooling' period so they can prove themselves 'half right'? 

GW there is a 'cost' in taking action, which is hardly ever mentioned

If I went into a factory and said based on your 2003 electricity use you should spend £55,000 on these energy saving lights I would be laughed off the site

People want to see undisputed factual evidence.that show irrefutable proof that man is causing rapid global warming. I use 'rapid' because if its 1c in 200yrs then people will not want to pay the 'cost' of taking action.

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 3

Posted

What do volcanoes have to do with man-made CO2? I can see how volcanoes impact on natural carbon dioxide, Snowy, and I have no problem with that at all...Can you demonstrate that - in the time since the Industrial Revolution - volcanism has increased sufficiently to account for the near doubling of atmospheric CO2?Posted Image 

I`m sure I`ve seen this link before.

http://rense.com/general94/onevol.htm

Posted

GW there is a 'cost' in taking action, which is hardly ever mentioned If I went into a factory and said based on your 2003 electricity use you should spend £55,000 on these energy saving lights I would be laughed of the site People want to see undisputed factual evidence.that show irrefutable proof that man is causing rapid global warming. I use 'rapid' because if its 1c in 200yrs then people will not want to pay the 'cost' of taking action.

Indeed, but when as factual evidence ever got in the way of catastrophic headline grabbing sound bites, which we see daily being portrayed over on the manmade thread. Until we see a far more factual and less emotive degree of reporting then the general public will always view climate change with a degree of scepticism, t'others can argue all they like but the general consensus will remain the same until there is a change in how the science and it's uncertainties are presented. Will it happen I'm the near future, I doubt it as there are far too many vested interest in the doomsday scenario presented not by the scientist themselves but by the lobby groups with ulterior motives.

Posted

I`m sure I`ve seen this link before.

http://rense.com/general94/onevol.htm

But that doesn't answer my question...At the same time, how does the volcano 'theory' handle the 'pause' or 'missing heat'? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Interesting read , would we have to release more CO2 to off set cooling ??

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/13/multiple-lines-of-evidence-suggest-global-cooling/

The U.K.’s Lockwood also told the BBC that falling sunspot activity raises the risk of entering a new Little Ice Age “from less than 10 percent just a few years ago to 25-30 percent.â€

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/13/multiple-lines-of-evidence-suggest-global-cooling/#ixzz2lmNHUZx2

After the maximum of solar cycle 24, from approximately 2014 we can expect the start of deep cooling with a Little Ice Age in 2055,†wrote Habibullo Abdussamatov of the Russian Academy of ScienceRead more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/13/multiple-lines-of-evidence-suggest-global-cooling/#ixzz2lmNjpsm1

Posted

But that doesn't answer my question...At the same time, how does the volcano 'theory' handle the 'pause' or 'missing heat'? 

So many questions and so few answers that's what we need to find out...

Posted

So many questions and so few answers that's what we need to find out...

Indeed...the system is so complex; if you answer one question you are asking two more? And that goes for all of us...Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm if possible but a little snow is nice.

The not based on science part is spot-on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Indeed...the system is so complex; if you answer one question you are asking two more? And that goes for all of us...Posted Image 

That sums it up really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

New report concludes extreme weather events are not increasing  http://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2013/11/Khandekar-Extreme-Weather.pdf

An interesting read but no doubt it will be dished by the cooling deniers

• Like 1

Posted

An interesting read but no doubt it will be dished by the cooling deniers

What does a 'cooling denier' look like, jonboy...I've never met one.Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

What does a 'cooling denier' look like, jonboy...I've never met one.Posted Image 

Probably very much like the warming deniers or climate misleaders so oft refered to in the other place!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted

I can understand how the poorer countries could be annoyed by richer countries reneging on tax breaks/ financial inducements. This hinders the development of the poorer nations with regards to developing their own technology and yet staying within set Carbon Omissions figures set down.

However given the media hype over ‘Australia bakes’ this last year I find it very interesting that the  Australian government goes down a reason economic argument regarding not complying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21072347

Economic costs put it into a better perspective

http://www.ipa.org.au/publications/1857/address-to-the-revolt-against-the-carbon-tax

"""""""Australia, which is not sending a minister to this weekend's talks, signalled it may weaken its targets and is repealing domestic carbon laws following the election of a conservative government.

Australians don't support the new government's position on climate change, I just wanted to come in here and respond to your post. They are going to have to learn to tread more sensitively on the subject, no more hiding from the subject and making silly statements. The January heat and bushfires may not have been politically advantageous for the previous administration.. in terms of increase support for their own legislation..., but  the freek Sept/October heat and bushfires in Sydney have focussed attention on what the conservatives plan to contribute to the debate...

Labor storms ahead

November 25, 2013

Bill Shorten has made the strongest debut of any opposition leader since Kevin Rudd in 2006-07, propelling Labor into the lead over a government weighed down by its secretive asylum-seeker response and an unconvincing commitment to action on global warming.

The first Fairfax Nielsen poll since the September 7 election has charted a rapid recovery for the ALP, with the opposition shooting to a 52-48 per cent lead over the government on the preferences of respondents - the quickest poll lead achieved by any federal opposition after losing an election.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/labor-storms-ahead-20131124-2y43r.html

If you want to see something interesting you click the tab above and it'll show some of the polling figures..which include voter support for Labor and Conservative positions. I can't seem to paste it on here.

This explains the various positions.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-07/explained-carbon-taxes-emissions-trading-and/2785736

Carbon tax will be abolished next year, a year earlier than scheduled. That is a position  Labor undertook prior to the 2013 election, after introducing it. Naturally the conservatives vow to repeal having never supported.

ETS was introduced by Labor but the Conservatives plan to repeal it. ETS was once supported by Howard conservatives and the 2 opposition leaders who followed, before Abbott ( now PM ) arrived on the scene.

'Direct action' is a Conservative policy. If you do a search on it you will see even economists deride it as quite useless. This has the lowest level of voter support in the above poll.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-07/explained-carbon-taxes-emissions-trading-and/2785736

Edited by Styx
  • Like 2

Posted

Overheated Arctic air causes deep freeze in USA  http://wxmaps.org/pix/temp1.html Global warming caused a very cool summer in the USA and a very cold Start to winter it makes everything more extreme lol. Posted Image

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Overheated Arctic air causes deep freeze in USA  http://wxmaps.org/pix/temp1.html Global warming caused a very cool summer in the USA and a very cold Start to winter it makes everything more extreme lol. Posted Image

You are posting actual temperature maps. All that the differences between the first and the second maps show are that early-mid December tends to be cooler than the end of November. This has nothing to do with climate change in either direction.

Posted Image

The anomaly map shows that the warm generally outweighs the cold.

Posted

You are posting actual temperature maps. All that the differences between the first and the second maps show are that early-mid December tends to be cooler than the end of November. This has nothing to do with climate change in either direction.

Posted Image

The anomaly map shows that the warm generally outweighs the cold.

Extract from accu weather

Temperatures across the Northwest will be abnormally cold into the middle of next week.

Several locations, including Seattle and Portland, will flirt with their record low temperatures both Tuesday night and Wednesday night.

AccuWeather.com meteorologists are forecasting nighttime temperatures to dip into the teens and 20s.Posted Image

Posted

Extract from accu weather

Temperatures across the Northwest will be abnormally cold into the middle of next week.

Several locations, including Seattle and Portland, will flirt with their record low temperatures both Tuesday night and Wednesday night.

AccuWeather.com meteorologists are forecasting nighttime temperatures to dip into the teens and 20s.Posted Image

But that's next week?

Posted

But that's next week?

Just for you lol Records in the last 7 days:

205 snowfall records.

969 Low Max. 203 Low temps.

17 High Temp.

61 High minimum.and yes snow in Texashttp://wx.hamweather.com/maps/climate/records/1week/us.html?cat=maxtemp,mintemp,snow,lowma%20x,highmin, Posted Image

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

The comparisons are interesting but show as much as anything how the ice had grown enormously during the previous colder period.
There had been rapid retreat by the 1950s as some of them show.

Is it evidence for AGW - not really.

To understand climate change, we have to look at what climate’s done for the last 1,000 years. Beginning about 900 years ago, we experienced a global cooling event that triggered the Little Ice Age. In Alaska, glaciers expanded dramatically, and many glaciers filled fjords.

At the peak of the Little Ice Age, there were probably 200 ice-calving [glaciers] in Alaska. Since then, we have seen more than 99 percent of the more than 2,000 glaciers in Alaska begin to actively retreat, and continue to retreat up to the present. We’ve gone from over 200 tidewater-calving glaciers to less than 50.

Edited by 4wd
  • Like 2