Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scepticism Of Man Made Climate Change

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Off course led by the southwhich is some 1.6m above the norm whatever that really is. Whilst they over on the manamade thread continue to harp on about artic ice they have been deafening in their silence to explain the growth down under which in a world of AGW doesn't fit the agenda.

Now the cold drought etc etc that the states suffered and continue to suffer is all AGW fault and man must change his ways but wheres the science!!!!!

I think when one can't provide decent rationale over what is going on over a whole continent it makes a global take somewhat suspect

Seems to be a growing band of people who are going with 'we will cope with what comes along'

Another point

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctica_cooling_controversy

How can one say 

"""summer warming rates are only +0.045 °C per decade""

""Antarctica has few long-term records. There are less than twenty permanent stations in all and only two in the interior. More recently AWSs supplement this, but their records are relatively brief. Hence calculation of a trend for the entire continent is difficult"""

Its like saying there are no Chinese in the world based on 4 people I know.

Edited by stewfox

Posted

I provided last year a number of occasions when Antarctic recorded record low  temperatures were recorded .,and remember when i say GLOBAL sea ice records continue being broken,I love the way some GW supports are saying more  Antarctic sea ice due to hole in the ozone layer then record sea ice due to fresh water melt  ,then GW causes the Polar Vortex to sit over the USA most the winter months,   , Most of USA experienced a very cold winter with recorded ice levels across the great lakes,Amazing stuff this CO2 record warmth record cold !considering it"such a tiny amounts of CO2 in the Earth atmosphere.But one thing stands out more than anything there insistence on more Tornado activity , Tornado activity last season was at record low levels,Increased hurricanes should have happened last year they say due to increased sea temperatures in the Gulf of Mexico,the facts are last year Hurricane recorded activity was one of the most least stormy seasons ever recorded.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

I provided last year a number of occasions when Antarctic recorded record low  temperatures were recorded .,and remember when i say GLOBAL sea ice records continue being broken,I love the way some GW supports are saying more  Antarctic sea ice due to hole in the ozone layer then record sea ice due to fresh water melt  ,then GW causes the Polar Vortex to sit over the USA most the winter months,   , Most of USA experienced a very cold winter with recorded ice levels across the great lakes,Amazing stuff this CO2 record warmth record cold !considering it"such a tiny amounts of CO2 in the Earth atmosphere.But one thing stands out more than anything there insistence on more Tornado activity , Tornado activity last season was at record low levels,Increased hurricanes should have happened last year they say due to increased sea temperatures in the Gulf of Mexico,the facts are last year Hurricane recorded activity was one of the most least stormy seasons ever recorded.

IPCC and the like to seem to be currently on the back foot

We have in the man made thread a demand to give a 'reason' why Antarctica sea ice is increasing !

I just pity the first hot week in Moscow this summer which will be put down to man made warming rather then weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Just doing a little research and found these graphs, and Im in the belief that the media and politicians and countless other organizations spin the fact that the Earth is warming and our ice is disappearing, and at the same time  making huge amounts of money as a result. :nonono: The one graph shows at present the global  sea ice to be at an all time high for 30 years , the next graph shows the sea ice around  antartica at an unprecedented high.... :cc_confused:  :fool:  :nonono:  :rofl:

Sorry , cant upload the graphs,Yes I can now.... :winky:

post-6830-0-26648900-1397935310_thumb.pn

post-6830-0-27047600-1397936361_thumb.pn

Edited by ANYWEATHER

Posted

Just doing a little research and found these graphs, and Im in the belief that the media and politicians and countless other organizations spin the fact that the Earth is warming and our ice is disappearing, and at the same time  making huge amounts of money as a result. :nonono: The one graph shows at present the global  sea ice to be at an all time high for 30 years , the next graph shows the sea ice around  antartica at an unprecedented high.... :cc_confused:  :fool:  :nonono:  :rofl:

Sorry , cant upload the graphs,Yes I can now.... :winky:

I think the general opinion is  'if' global warming comes along we will manage it. Rather then imposing draconian measures now which less face it 75% of the worlds polluters won't accept (China,India etc) we take a step back and review all options.

http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-policy-principles/overview

Man tends to cope fairly well with the environment, i remember going to a place that was a hot dry desert temps 105f every day.

Without bottled water and shade no one could live there for long, what was its name yes Las Vegas.

Edited by stewfox

Posted

I think the general opinion is  'if' global warming comes along we will manage it. Rather then imposing draconian measures now which less face it 75% of the worlds polluters won't accept (China,India etc) we take a step back and review all options.

http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-policy-principles/overview

Man tends to cope fairly well with the environment, i remember going to a place that was a hot dry desert temps 105f every day.

Without bottled water and shade no one could live there for long, what was its name yes Las Vegas.

On the other hand

Lake Mead provides 90 percent of the water to the once-again booming city of Las Vegas, as well as indirectly to Phoenix, Tucson, Los Angeles, and agricultural areas downstream via diversions from the Colorado River. As the result of an ongoing multiyear drought, this giant lake is now approaching the lowest water levels since its construction.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2014/03/las_vegas_water_conservation_it_s_a_mirage.html

• Like 2

Posted

Yes delay in building tunnel may cause problems and the lake is now only 1100 feet deep. Not sure if you realize that re-enforces the point, their adapting to short term drought and more importantly a 300% increase the population of LV.

If the 'cost' in a hundred years becomes too much to support LV then it goes elsewhere not end of world stuff.

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

d

agreed, or not.

(why have we singled out a letter now?)

Posted

Yes delay in building tunnel may cause problems and the lake is now only 1100 feet deep. Not sure if you realize that re-enforces the point, their adapting to short term drought and more importantly a 300% increase the population of LV.

If the 'cost' in a hundred years becomes too much to support LV then it goes elsewhere not end of world stuff.

But really it's not about LV but the whole of the south west, the agricultural belt and California.

The unprecedented water crisis of the American Southwest
A prolonged drought has sapped the once-vigorous Colorado River, threatening the water supply of millions

Edited by knocker

Posted

But really it's not about LV but the whole of the south west, the agricultural belt and California.

The unprecedented water crisis of the American Southwest
A prolonged drought has sapped the once-vigorous Colorado River, threatening the water supply of millions

Its all about the weather, nothing to do with man I'm afraid

http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_24993601/california-drought-past-dry-periods-have-lasted-more

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 2

Posted

There is nothing new under the sun, and I agree with your summary, drought in California is synominous with Britains very changeable weather :winky:  :winky:  :winky:

• Like 2

Hi all, could the Sceptics and none Sceptics comment on this Please,

Writing something for you, and in the Searching, found out something Interesting. Going to go to a Few Weather and Geological Sites, get the Right Information, and put some Numbers in. Basically I am looking over 400 Million Years Ago, when the Planet finally cooled down to a level comparable to today, to Today, and the Temperatures over that Era, and the Amounts of Natural and Man Mad Carbon in the Air from then unto Now, and how and why it’s been far far far Higher and far far far Lower, and how it, or Earth Tackles Carbon, and how it can Tackle far far far more then now, and far far far less than now, and why should be able to Tackle just a Small % more, what is it, 3% ??? from Humans, when it has in the Past Tackled 700 parts per Million in the Past, to 400 parts per Million now, that’s a Rise of roughly 70% more C02, and big big big Rise = Roughly 2200% to just 3% in Man Made CO2, and just a rise in the Last 100 Years or more from 300 parts per Million in the Past, too 400 parts per Million Present = a rise in C02 of just Roughly 30%

Sorry my Grammar and way of putting things is not the best, hope you understand what I am saying, if not Please Ask. Will have the other numbers Later, got Work now, and this like all Debates, has got more than Interesting, Great learning Curve.

Wayne

Posted

I'm just guessing what you are getting at but primarily don't get obsessive about COalone. The earth was a different place then. Perhaps to start.

When looking at events such as these from the deep geological past, it is vital to keep in mind that there are many uncertainties, and generally speaking, the further back we look, the more there are. As our paleo techniques improve and other discoveries emerge this story will no doubt be refined. Also, although CO2 is a key factor in controlling the climate, it would be a mistake to think it's the only factor; ignore the other elements and you'll most likely get the story wrong.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/co2-higher-in-past.htm

And this may help more.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/article.html?entrynum=1453

Edited by knocker

Posted

Interesting chart..... :winky:

post-6830-0-17164000-1398188555_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted

Puts to bed finally the argument that the winter in the USA wasn't exceptional

---

Apparently 8th Warmest winter globally, I don't buy this .  "records going back to 1880".

If we looked at last 30yrs (reliable) 8th warmest nothing remarkable ?

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/a-cold-u.s.-winter-for-sure-but-8th-warmest-globally-17196

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Puts to bed finally the argument that the winter in the USA wasn't exceptional

---

Apparently 8th Warmest winter globally, I don't buy this .  "records going back to 1880".

If we looked at last 30yrs (reliable) 8th warmest nothing remarkable ?

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/a-cold-u.s.-winter-for-sure-but-8th-warmest-globally-17196

Weather stations stations in USA recorded so far the 2nd coldest April since 1899 average 1,43 c so far in April.Posted Image

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Devonian you just shot yourself in the foot you quoted BOM charts from Australia last year which quoted on there so called record heat last summer when all there stations quoted were in 2 states!

• Like 1

Posted

Devonian you just shot yourself in the foot you quoted BOM charts from Australia last year which quoted on there so called record heat last summer when all there stations quoted were in 2 states!

It does appear the man made thread can only shoot down factual posts.

Another factual post I found , with the link

"""Scientists Ask Why World Climate Is Changing; Major Cooling May Be Ahead; Scientists Ponder Why World's Climate Is Changing; a Major Cooling Widely Considered to Be Inevitable"""

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2013/07/13/new-york-times-1975-global-cooling-inevitable/

Who knows where we will be in 30 years time.?? 

------------

""""he trend is less than this and is statistically insignificant. There is no statistical case for representing the post-1997 data as anything other than a constant line. The graphs presented at the press conference omitted those error bars."Numerous independent climatologists and scientists, however, have ripped into the scaremongering coming from alarmists in recent years — especially “warmest-on-record†claims. “Global warming enthusiasts are arguing that the past decade has been the warmest on record,†explained MIT meteorology Professor Richard Lindzen, who has served on the UN IPCC but is now one of its harshest critics. “We are still speaking of tenths of a degree, and the records themselves have come into question.... For small changes in climate associated with tenths of a degree, there is no need for any external cause.â€"""

--------------

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/17470-nasa-data-global-warming-still-on-pause-sea-ice-hit-record

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

No doubt will be considered unscientific irrelevant etc etc but do I care.

Link to an interesting article 

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/04/24/svensmarks-cosmic-theory-and-cloud-cover-depictions-in-little-ice-age-art/#more-108081