Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scepticism Of Man Made Climate Change

Paul

Posted

Hahahahahaha. Watch out, that will have the cranks spouting their superior intellect etc etc. No doubt with some "new" graphs thrown in for good measure.

Posted

Posted Image

That's the way science is done.

The idea is to put a whole bunch of ideas that, on the face of it, are reasonable enough to pass peer-review, debate them ad-infinitum until one, or more, are shown to be correct. The one item missing on the list is natural variation; but to say that might imply that the warming was natural variation, too.

A better way to put it, in my view, is that the 20th century warming, given proxy reconstructions, was incredible; but then nature, crucially, all by itself, is incredible, too.

Edited by Sparkicle
  • Like 2

Posted

Posted

Another global warming story Debunked http://t.co/TPFOUBTHK5

*Sigh* Just because bloggers *say* that's what someone else says they say, it doesn't make it true. Another straw-man,

Weather and climate are inherently different beasts when it comes to prediction. Do you think I am going to take the time to explain some two decades of numerical (computer) science to you to explain how you are so wrong? Good. Stop polluting my space, get a life, and move on. There's plenty to be sceptical about, and weather prediction vs climateprediction isn'tt one of them. Sheeeesh, you're on a weather site dude. Behave.

Edited by Sparkicle
  • Like 2

Posted

So is the ski industry doomed?Or was that alarmist scaremongering.I know what I think.

Well, the ski industry has always been doomed. I mean apres-ski? Really? I am alarmed even thinking about it. Maybe I shouldn't think about with GCHQ looking into my webcam ..... ;)

• Like 1

Posted

It's all very well to mock, but if you have invested in the ski industry, or want others to invest in your project, it would be nice if the BBC and others weren't making it sound like a bad idea on the grounds of inaccurate predictions of runaway warming.

Posted

Well, the ski industry has always been doomed. I mean apres-ski? Really? I am alarmed even thinking about it. Maybe I shouldn't think about with GCHQ looking into my webcam ..... Posted Image

I suggest you stick to your thread, and then you should read the link to the article perhaps you may learn something.http://www.wits.ac.za/newsroom/newsitems/201402/22966/news_item_22966.html

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

I suggest you stick to your thread, and then you should read the link to the article perhaps you may learn something.http://www.wits.ac.za/newsroom/newsitems/201402/22966/news_item_22966.html

What's my thread, then? News articles nor blogs nor heresay do not count as science in my view. Perhaps you should start the 'socio-political thread' where you can banter all you want? Just a suggestion.

It's all very well to mock, but if you have invested in the ski industry, or want others to invest in your project, it would be nice if the BBC and others weren't making it sound like a bad idea on the grounds of inaccurate predictions of runaway warming.

Joking, not mocking. Sorry.

• Like 2

Posted

Another GW fairytale of more extreme"s,weather around the world thrown in the bin record low hurricane and record low Tornado"s activity recorded last year Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

While the other place appears a good place to show the freak show that is denialism it really does not appear to be 'sceptical' of the human induced climate shift we are undergoing?

Maybe we do need a 'nutters' thread?

The irony, & errm, he already started it........

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79537-is-2014-set-to-become-the-year-the-naturals-flipped/

Typically all they can do is try & insult people.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The irony, & errm, he already started it........

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79537-is-2014-set-to-become-the-year-the-naturals-flipped/

Typically all they can do is try & insult people.

It's not typical behaviour, very rare, in-fact I was shocked..

Posted

2:54:

"What do you think is driving this agenda?"

"A powerful convergence of interests, among a large number of elites"

Never a truer word spoken.

"A nasty combination of extreme political ideology, and a religious cult rolled into one"

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

2:54:

"What do you think is driving this agenda?"

"A powerful convergence of interests, among a large number of elites"

Never a truer word spoken.

"A nasty combination of extreme political ideology, and a religious cult rolled into one"

Posted Image 

Through human history, it has always been this way. There have always been powerful convergence of interests, among a large number of elites, that are agents that underpin dominant economies. Political ideologies grow around these structures that make them sustainable. Nothing what you observe happening now in modern economies is actually new and a threat to the truth. Unravel any previous period and you will uncover the same thing. The paradigm has just shifted in order to maintain the wests economic advantage, based on the growth of the developing world's competitive advantages when it comes to resource extraction and cheap labour, if your assumptions are correct.

If Green ideology ( of which there are many strands ) is based on a false premise, then it's perversely one of the healthiest con jobs pulled on modern society, ever. It keeps the West afloat in a new economy based on the trade of  environmental services and technologies, and the ideology which underpins it has made most citizens more environmentally aware ( on a whole range of subjects which is a healthy thing ) than any preceding generation.

If it is all just a fraud and AGW is the big lie, then the benefits outweigh the negatives 100-1. 

• Like 1

Posted

Posted

Then Knocker read some more facts on the California s drying read the srex report which says,http://ipcc-wg2.gov/SREX/

The team of 42 authors assigned a “Medium Confidence†to that assessment. The report’s team in Table 3-3 then goes on to assess the scientific evidence for how drought in this region will change in the 21st century. They write:

“Inconsistent signal in consecutive dry days and soil moisture changes,†to which they assign a low confidence.

It is quite clear that the scientific evidence does not support an argument that this current California drought is appreciably, if at all, linked to human-induced climate change.So most experts agree that California"s drying is totally natural .Finally this http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/021414-690216-failure-to-use-water-infrastructure-is-destroying-farms.htm?fromcampaign=1

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Thanks for that Keith, much appreciated. Still it's as well to remember that the Native Americans scattered around then weren't maintaining the 9th biggest economy in the world.