Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scepticism Of Man Made Climate Change

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Or maybe this !

wind turbines are sucking the energy from the natural flow and strength of the wind which is altering the weather patterns.

this is the reason for our bad weather we are experiencing. you can not have something for nothing for every action there is a reaction its got nothing to do with global warming as yet. north america takes 100 billion klhr from the wind it must have some affect on us.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79463-windturbines/#entry2934058

Posted

Knocker read the reportQuote He said that when the IPCC was compiling its Fifth Assessment Report on climate change last year, it discussed whether warming might affect the jet stream. But, he went on, ‘there was very low confidence that climate change has any effect on the jet stream getting stuck’. In the end, the possibility was not even mentioned in the report.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

More lies concerning 97%of Scientists agree GW is taking place http://t.co/EZ5ADq7CCz

Just shows Keith to what length's the otherside go to mislead the general public on consenses and ignor valid argument

• Like 1

Posted

This year she said thisThe chief scientist of the Met Office has been criticised for claiming that “all the evidence†indicated climate change had played a role in the recent storms and flooding. Some scientists are said to be concerned that the remark has been interpreted as drawing a strong connection between climate change and the exceptional winter weather when the evidence is incomplete. Her speech came after the Prime Minister said he “very much suspected†that there was a link. “What Dame Julia says goes, at least by implication, beyond what most climate scientists are willing to say,†one academic said. “I find it very hard to look inside her mind as to what made her think that was a sensible thing to say.†The great Julia Slingo opinion changes like the weather lol she said this last year http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4881369/Is-the-UK-set-for-Arctic-weather.html

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted

Like my dying house plants last desperate bloom the cold winters of 09/10 and 10/11 are Natures last, best, efforts at such. They are the last we ( folk alive today) will ever see of such.

I'll remember that post!! You could easily have said the same in the 80's which wasn't quite the constant snow fest arctic ice house some seem to think it was. Over various posts your predictions of doom range from this year to 2017 to maybe 2020.

I don't wish to sound critical of the gist of your post, but after December 2010, didn't the Met office and subsequent scientific reports suggest the weather events of that month were signs of future winters to come...that severe and prolonged cold events would be increasing in frequency, due to the 'altered' jet stream, caused by the Arctic scenario you highlight?

Has science moved on so much in the last 2 or 3 years, to find those findings to now be null n void?

No science hasn't moved on. They constantly change the predictions to fit with the current day thinking. What is blue today is black tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted

Met Office chief scientist Julia Slingo said climate change was “loading the dice†towards freezing, drier weather — and called publicly for the first time for an urgent investigation.

Priceless. Is that article 100% correct?

Posted

Definitely, that was when they were trying to blame cold dry snowy spells on AGW.It's a prime example of how even the Met Office is taken over by AGW alarmists.Their job should be looking back through their extensive records and gently pointing out the past winter is rather similar to several other wet ones, even if the rain-bucket lottery eventually shows England and Wales has a few mm more than one or two others.But they can't help but push the agenda once again, and can't resist deliberately teasing the media with ambiguous statements that can be used for propaganda.

• Like 1

Posted

As for some reason Knocker has felt the need to cross link this thread with another (not sure why) here is what a quick search found.

http://www.thegwpf.org/julia-slingo-2012-climate-change-linked-colder-drier-uk-winters/

JULIA SLINGO (2012): CLIMATE CHANGE LINKED TO COLDER, DRIER UK WINTERS
  • Date: 18/02/14
  •  
  • Adam Vaughan, The Guardian
Decreasing amounts of ice in the far north is contributing to colder winters and drought, chief scientist Julia Slingo tells MPs. The reduction in Arctic sea ice caused by climate change is playing a role in the UK’s recent colder and drier winter weather, according to the Met Office.

Well I've not had chance to even read it but the headline seems to suggest that is what she said? If not I'd be wanting that site taken down if i were in her shoes.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/mar/14/met-office-arctic-sea-ice-loss-winter

Which is dated 2012.

Edited by drgl

Posted

Like my dying house plants last desperate bloom the cold winters of 09/10 and 10/11 are Natures last, best, efforts at such. They are the last we ( folk alive today) will ever see of such.

We may see a cold week here and there but no more cold setting in in early December and running through to March. 

So there you have it. We will never see a winter like that again.

Regarding the second point I honestly can not recall in my life a winter that has been "cold" (what's cold?) from early December until the end of March.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

The problem drgl is that if you try and bring an alternative view over in the thread all they are interested in is how they can debunk your point. usually by such as you got it from wuwt or other site they disapprove off or so and so is not a proper scientist. 

I've come to the conclusion it is pointless trying to convince or debate with a group that clearly is neither open or willing to do so. I am a firm believer that the main and dominant cause of temperature rise and stalling is down to solar cycle effects which are many and complicated.

Posted

I've come to the conclusion it is pointless trying to convince or debate with a group that clearly is neither open or willing to do so. I am a firm believer that the main and dominant cause of temperature rise and stalling is down to solar cycle effects which are many and complicated.

Agree on both points. 

• Like 1

Posted

And now they take parts of posts out of context to make points that are intended to give the nuetral viewer the impression that they are the ones who know what they are talking about and the other poster is clearly an idiot.

Clearly those over on the other side have little to do all day whereas i suspect most on this side live in the real world!!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Clearly those over on the other side have little to do all day whereas i suspect most on this side live in the real world!!!!

I realised this some time ago, and after they have posted several pages of vitriol, personal attacks and formulaic links to Tamino and SKS due some comment or observation you made the day before, it's taken as a victory if you can't be bothered to attempt to re-enforce your views.
  • Like 2

Posted

My other views? CO2 is a ghg. We are likely to double it's atmospheric concentration. That, alone, will cause 1C warming. That 1C warming will, likely, cause feedback warming - aso a warming of 2-4C in total. I expect YOU'LL rubbish that...

So, according to GW forget winters like the VERY recent past, they are over & now we have warming of 2-4C to look forward to. Sadly no time scale of that prediction though.

• Like 1

Posted

As you are obviously reading this Devonian my quote above WAS from you. The first part of my reply was with regard to my quote of GW. If you scroll up & READ the thread you would see that.

To make it easy here it is again Posted Image

We may see a cold week here and there but no more cold setting in in early December and running through to March. 

The stats on Arctic albedo have sealed Winters fate.

Edited by drgl

Posted

So, according to GW forget winters like the VERY recent past, they are over & now we have warming of 2-4C to look forward to. Sadly no time scale of that prediction though.

There never is as it's always into the distant future, but back on planet earth we have seen no rise in global surface temps for 17 years. Big bad CO2 is certainly proving a handful for the alarmist call to arms as it's continually refusing to play ball with their projections of mass warming anytime soon.

Posted

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/fasten-seat-belts-climate-change-could-mean-more-turbulence-n33956

Comment: The only problem with all this is that problems caused by an erratic jet stream was largley ignored by climate scientists until major weather events occurred that could not be ignored. The science of why the jet stream is becoming erratic is also extremely problematic for those promoting the theory that man-made greenhouse gases are changing the climate...

Posted

Then we have this which highlights what is so wrong with this debate. Especially senior USA politicians

http://iceagenow.info/2014/02/mass-destruction-science/

Posted

Re the Julia Sligo and Met Office official comments on this wet winter

Why cannot some of you ‘quote’ correctly?

Below is the BBC output on what the Met O have suggested about the wet winter. It may of course be that with time they may change their view but currently this is it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26084625

Below is part of what the BBC attributed to her; how accurate I have no idea as I am unable to find the actual Met O press release. However, it would help not muddy the waters if we could all keep a rather more level headed attitude to everything in here, stop yah booing one another and have a sensible restrained grown up discussion about both sides of the argument.

Dame Julia Slingo said the variable UK climate meant there was "no definitive answer" to what caused the storms.

"But all the evidence suggests there is a link to climate change," she added.

"There is no evidence to counter the basic premise that a warmer world will lead to more intense daily and hourly rain events."

Many years ago when GW not necessarily AGW was becoming fashionable I was still a senior forecaster with UK Met and as such quite privileged to be able to listen to climatologists from different sides give their view on what was happening. Neither side convinced me they were correct. What is undeniable is that the earth has warmed over the previous 150 years. Yes I know it has done it before but with nothing like the same number of people on the planet compared to the last time it did. We only need to look at the events of the past 6-8 weeks to see how daft our changing governments have been in allowing flood plains to be built on without, it seems, any concern about what ‘might’ happen if an unexpected volume of water fell consistently from the skies for an unusually long period.

Come on folks, discuss but please try to accept that the other point of view has every right to express it providing it remains polite.

The climate thread is worse than the model thread at times for this type of thing, itself a poor recommendation!

To close; I am still not convinced that either side of the AGW/GW debate is correct. To me it seems from all that I have read and listened too or watched, proves that the earth is warming, not necessarily as fast as some suggest but that the overall trend is for it to warm. Warmer air means it can hold more moisture so somewhere is going to be wetter than previously from time to time. Warmer, and all the statistics agree to an extent, means rising sea levels but they obviously disagree by how much. It brings to mind a BBC 2 programme some years ago. Somewhere in either the Pacific or Indian Ocean an old man was being interviewed on one island and asked where he used to live-he pointed to the sea and said there used to be an island there, now no longer. To me that summed up the issue, the seas are rising as is the temperature. We do not really have the answer as to why, how fast or how long this may continue.

I'll leave you in peace again.

Edited by johnholmes