Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scepticism Of Man Made Climate Change

Paul

Posted

At +0.24C, 2013 is the 4th warmest year on record, behind 2005 (+0.26), 2010 (+0.40) and 1998 (+0.42), according to the UAH data.

It also appears to be the warmest ENSO neutral year on record.Well lat least records don"t go back to the 1930"s  http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/46677243Posted Image

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Oldie but good onehttp://www.climatechangefacts.info/ClimateChangeDocuments/LandseaResignationLetterFromIPCC.htmChris Landsea's letter resigning from IPCCThe points he made seem mostly vindicated and then some  almost ten years on. 

It is beyond me why my colleagues would utilize the media to push anunsupported agenda that recent hurricane activity has been due to globalwarming. Given Dr. Trenberth's role as the IPCC's Lead Author responsiblefor preparing the text on hurricanes, his public statements so far outsideof current scientific understanding led me to concern that it would be verydifficult for the IPCC process to proceed objectively with regards to theassessment on hurricane activity. My view is that when people identifythemselves as being associated with the IPCC and then make pronouncementsfar outside current scientific understandings that this will harm thecredibility of climate change science and will in the longer term diminishour role in public policy.(snip)...............I personally cannot in good faith continue to contribute to a process that I view as both being motivated by pre-conceived agendas and being scientifically unsound.
Edited by 4wd
  • Like 1

Posted

Oldie but good onehttp://www.climatechangefacts.info/ClimateChangeDocuments/LandseaResignationLetterFromIPCC.htmChris Landsea's letter resigning from IPCCThe points he made seem mostly vindicated and then some  almost ten years on. 

It's a valid point he makes regardless of one's opinion on AGW, we still see this time and time again  where the blame for any weather phenomenon is laid at the door of AGW, it certainly adds nothing to the scientific debate and even less to the credibility of the science, which is shocking as there are many a good and honest scientists working in this field.

• Like 1

Posted

Pine wood Antarctic ice shelf melt lowest ever recorded so no link to Co2 driving so called global Warming  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/01/03/antarctic_ice_shelf_melt_lowest_ever_recorded_just_not_much_affected_by_global_warming/

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

"No more global warming"shout the protestors in US Capitol today. Posted Image

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

"No more global warming"shout the protestors in US Capitol today. Posted Image

I suppose this report is via deep frozen Swansea ..?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

I'm surprised GW that you have posted such a biased sensationalist report which adds not one jot either way!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I'm surprised GW that you have posted such a biased sensationalist report which adds not one jot either way!!!!

In need I am still waiting for a unbiased report from that camp but guess we will have to wait till Hell freezes over ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25648513

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm if possible but a little snow is nice.

So why have two of my comments now been removed from manmade climate change. Is this becoming Real Climate now??????

Posted

It's how they want to do it you can talk at them but not discuss it.The silly thing is you can post something here and someone will quote the post there.It is not logical or easy to follow.Meanwhile, I like this from Judith Curryhttp://judithcurry.com/2014/01/06/ipcc-ar5-weakens-the-case-for-agw/Main points: 

Lack of warming since 1998 and growing discrepancies with climate model projectionsEvidence of decreased climate sensitivity to increases in CO2Evidence that sea level rise in 1920-1950 is of the same magnitude as in 1993-2012Increasing Antarctic sea ice extentLow confidence in attributing extreme weather events to anthropogenic global warming

And: 

In summary:

After expecting an increase of 0.2oC per decade in the early decades of the 21st century from the AR4 statements, the rate of warming over the past 15 years is only ~0.05C.The IPCC AR5 bases its projection for the period 2016-2036 of 0.10 to 0.23oC per decade on expert judgment, rather than on the climate model resultsThe IPCC does not have a convincing or confident explanation for the hiatus in warming.

• Like 2

Posted

Massaging the data

The Bureau of Meteorology [bOM] has released its report for Australian climate during 2013.

According to the BOM 2013 was the hottest year on record, in Australia. However both satellite temperatures, RSS and UAH, and a global surface temperature, GHCN, all found other Australian years to be warmer:

Posted Image

Naturally the pro-AGW people have been all over the BOM report claiming it as evidence for AGW, while ignoring the results from the other equally valid sources for temperature. But even if the BOM report is correct it is problematic whether AGW is the cause of the temperature. It is doubtful because during 2013 and for at least a decade the Diurnal Temperature Range [DTR] has not been decreasing but increasing.

http://www.warwickhughes.com/blog/?p=2613

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

The most established satellite data has been ignored again so pick and choose the right data to promote the GW propaganda machine ,The established satellite datasets are UAH and RSS. You can see them at the NOAA website. . Based on the satellite data, November 2013 is no record heat champion at all. When you look at the UAH data, November 2013 was only the ninth warmest. And when using RSS data, November 2013 landed only in 16th place .http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/upper-air/2013/11Posted Image

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76448-scepticism-of-man-made-climate-change/page-49#entry2893190

Not wanting to sound like a stick-in-the-mud, Keith - but wouldn't the best folks to ask be those Aussies who happen to live on the ground?

Lol, when do they do that when it's cold records that are broken.

Posted

The most established satellite data has been ignored again so pick and choose the right data to promote the GW propaganda machine ,The established satellite datasets are UAH and RSS. You can see them at the NOAA website. . Based on the satellite data, November 2013 is no record heat champion at all. When you look at the UAH data, November 2013 was only the ninth warmest. And when using RSS data, November 2013 landed only in 16th place .http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/upper-air/2013/11Posted Image

Facts are only any good Keith when  it suites a warming agenda the rest of the time the goalpost will moved to fit the theory.

• Like 1

Posted

I'd again have to refer back to the ongoing public health crisis that the death, via heat exhaustion, of those 100,000 bats are currently causing down under?

Why have they left it to now to die in their thousands if this austral summer is not as recorded by the B.O.M.?

Maybe folk from the other thread could do some reading up on the event and then go hunting the old newspapers ( some of them seem adept at checking through ancient Aussie papers when it suits ) to find something similar in a past summer?

GW, are you saying we should ignore any data that doesn't back a warming trend, because if you are then we are heading into a dangerous place which I'm sure most proponents of AGW won't agree with?

Posted

Just about every time. As with in the US of A just now. Is anyone in denial about North America's current cold wave?

I don't Pete as I still class it as weather and I know there are few on this thread who do the same with warm records.

Posted

The records tell us the planet is gaining heat apace and that 2013 was only bested in global temps by a 'super nino' year ( being an E.N.S.O. neutral year itself) and the forecasts are for a 'large Nino' with the prospects of the I.P.O. and P.D.O. flipping into their respective warm phases to boot.

I feel your song wearying you S.I. but , fear not!, soon you will have no need of it at all.........

Besides the cryptic nonsense are you implying that you'll only accept records which show record breaking warmth and anything else regardless of the source you'll ignore, because if you are you've lost the argument and no matter what spin and agenda you attach to your ramblings, they are and will remain irrelevant.

I think that it's the ratio of warm/cold anomalies that folks on here take notice of?

So your implying we only take account of the warm records and any cold ones are weather. Cuckoo, Cuckoo!!

Posted

Eh? Surely you know what a 'ratio' is?

Indeed, but that's irrelevant Pete as if we are seeing cold records broken and proclaiming that's  weather then regardless of ratios the same has to imply for warm records. Talk about making the rules up as you go along, first the missing heat content, now we can only look at warm records because there are more of them, for now. What happens if/when those records are equal, or heaven forbid the cold ones outnumber the warm ones. do we move the goalpost again or maybe rebrand global warming, climate change, again?

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer