Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scepticism Of Man Made Climate Change

Paul

Posted

Devonian another example of Hanson tinkering ,Hanson knew that the 1930"s were warmer (before he adjusted them)Posted Image1999 version Then 2013 version Posted Imagehttp://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/ What is interesting he knew that the USA had cooled since the 1930"s from a paper he wrote in 1999 http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/briefs/hansen_07/. So because GW alarmist are loosing the argument they resort to yes tinkering with the data.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted

I assume you are including the vast majority of eminently qualified scientists from various disciplines working in the field in your fatuous 'an assumption made only by a few hardcore proponents of AGW'? Not this moveable 17 years again. Haven't any of you deniers got a change of record?

I can only report the facts as I don't work on assumptions and those facts remain the same. I'll leave the scaremongering delusional stuff to others thank you. Also your another one who likes to make derogatory comments about sceptics, misleaders and deniers, tut tut.

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

But we are not faced with serious climate change as that is an assumption made only by a few hardcore proponents of AGW. So it's kind of an invalid point really, more so when global surface temps haven't risen for 17 years.

Some people seem to believe if you dont 'buy in' to man made run away warming, and you need more 'proof' that you have to be a oil polluting tree cutting refuse spilling person  !

I'm for 10p charge for every plastic bag bought whats that make me ?

Posted

Some people seem to believe if you dont 'buy in' to man made run away warming, and you need more 'proof' that you have to be a oil polluting tree cutting refuse spilling person  !

I'm for 10p charge for every plastic bag bought whats that make me ?

A plastic bag racketeer?Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I can only report the facts as I don't work on assumptions and those facts remain the same. I'll leave the scaremongering delusional stuff to others thank you. Also your another one who likes to make derogatory comments about sceptics, misleaders and deniers, tut tut.

Just look at his pretty cat Lol!

Posted

S.I. do you have anything climate related to add to this thread or is it just " I'm telling teacher you called me names" that you're here for? And 'Yes' I do believe we will suffer the higher end of the predictions for warming what of it? Are we no longer allowed opinions on this board? To me it is increasingly plain that the resumption in warming will drive the Arctic sea ice seasonal and this change alone will drive a period of change to our climate system that is currently poorly modelled ( as was sea ice loss prior to the 07' crash?).

Indeed I do, why aren't global surface temps responding to rising CO2 levels and does this mean that the whole theory on climate sensitivity needs readjusting. Answers on a postage stamp please.

Posted

So the sophistication of your understanding of climate is such that you expect GHG forcings to only appear in the surface temp record and that they will manifest as a constant ,year on year, increase in surface temp? Have I got that right S.I.? The only place on the planet that we need look to see the impacts of GHG forcing is the land surfaces?

You seem quite adept at ignoring anything that is a plus 90% contributor in this debate S.I. ? Be it scientific consensus, IPCC surety of man's influence, the energy that the oceans take up, the amount of energy that ice/snow reflect back into space?

Do you feel that missing 9/10ths of the picture ever does you a disservice ?

And yet when the theory of retained heat in the oceans was put forward by Stephen Wilde many years ago proponents of AGW ridiculed it  and yet now they embrace much the same idea, I wonder if this is due to the global surface recordsPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted

So, what if we were just wrong to discount it - what then?

Lol, well how convenient more so when your all running round like headless chickens trying to find the impossible. I await your findings with a wry smile on my face.

• Like 1

Posted

Oh they are coming out of the woodwork now defending the missing ocean heat content, yet all of them ridiculed this years ago. I'm gleefully awaiting the factual evidence to back up these unsubstantiated claims, now just in case we can't find this heat, what's the next excuse for stalling  ( or by then declining ? ) temps. Maybe we can blame it on the tooth fairy.

Of course it wasn't.

Oceans store a much greater quantity of energy than the atmosphere, and the upper ocean in contact with the atmosphere holdsapproximately 30 times as much heat as the air above it. Thus for a given change in the heat content, the temperature change in the atmosphere will be around 30 times greater than in the ocean. Small changes in the energy content of the ocean could therefore have considerable effects on the climate of the region. Consequently, the large heat storage of the oceans often acts to control atmospheric changes, and the two media are frequently engaged in an intricate dance. This is especially so in the equatorial Pacific Ocean where the continuous interchange between air and sea is the source of the El Nifio phenomenon. Such dances make widespread footprints in the living world, as the Gulf Stream connection shows. Many of the impacts of climate change will be determined by the way the warming manipulates these interplays.

And what Wilde says is a country mile away from factual evidence. In fact most of it could have been written by Charles Dodgson.

ENSO cannot be attributed to the pause, this has been pointed out to you in a previous post. Maybe it's hiding under your bed?

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer
  • Like 1

Posted

Oh they are coming out of the woodwork now defending the missing ocean heat content, yet all of them ridiculed this years ago. I'm gleefully awaiting the factual evidence to back up these unsubstantiated claims, now just in case we can't find this heat, what's the next excuse for stalling  ( or by then declining ? ) temps. Maybe we can blame it on the tooth fairy.

ENSO cannot be attributed to the pause, this has been pointed out to you in a previous post. Maybe it's hiding under your bed?

LOL a nice little ode

There was a man called VinerHe really was a whinerSnow’s a thing of the pastCut your CO2 fastAll except for China.

To remove the Middle AgesWe need a cunning planNow, who needs a PHD?What about Michael Mann?

Hayhoe, Hayhoe, it’s off to work we goI’m a clever girlI’ve got books to sellHayhoe, Hayhoe!

“It’s a travestyâ€, said KevinI’ve lost my missing heatIt must be hiding in the oceanAt 30,000 feet.

Mickey Mann and Mickey MouseAre easy to tell apartThey’re both cartoon charactersBut the mouse is pretty smart

Angelina, Prince Charles, Al GoreSay you’ve got to cut CO2With mansions, private jets and moreIt’s do as I say, not as I do!

400 parts per millionWe’re all gonna dieIf we don’t all freeze to deathWe’re all going to fry.

• Like 6

Posted

Yet another GW theory debunked ,"We all going to drown" oh no we not,sea level rise0,09mm/a year Posted Image

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/MSL_global_trendtable.html

Posted

First of all the GW alarmists predicted warmer winters when that prediction failed, ,GW they then said climate change would cause more extreme weather like more tornado"s more forest fires etc that again another failed predictions,fewest Tornado"s ever recorded plus the fewest forest fires since 1984 so what next for this failed Alarmists.http://www.spc.noaa.gov/wcm/torgraph-big.png

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Remember this nonsense" 97% of 2500 " scientist consensus agree that GW is taking place actually a few dozen!http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2010/06/13/the-ipcc-consensus-on-climate-change-was-phoney-says-ipcc-insider/

Posted

I'd be careful about getting too excited about news like this, Keith. Really, simply because it's such a sharp climb it looks like an anomaly. Of course, any news like this is welcome, but one can't put too much impetus upon it. As always more data required. And, of course, near 'all time high' isn't true since it starts in 1979, and I'm sure the last ice-age had a little more.

Edited by Sparkicle
  • Like 1

Posted

I'd be careful about getting too excited about news like this, Keith. Really, simply because it's such a sharp climb it looks like an anomaly. Of course, any news like this is welcome, but one can't put too much impetus upon it. As always more data required. And, of course, near 'all time high' isn't true since it starts in 1979, and I'm sure the last ice-age had a little more.

Does say from 1979 onwards showing this growth continually so no sharpe climb, .Expect records to go come January.Lets just remind peoples of GW talk of ice free Arctic

James Hansen : ‘This is the last chance’

6/23/2008

“We see a tipping point occurring right before our eyes,†Hansen told the AP before the luncheon. “The Arctic is the first tipping point and it’s occurring exactly the way we said it would.â€

Hansen, echoing work by other scientists, said that in five to 10 years, the Arctic will be free of sea ice in the summer.

NASA warming scientist: ‘This is the last chance’ – USATODAY.comPosted Image

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Does say from 1979 onwards showing this growth continually so no sharpe climb, .Expect records to go come January.Lets just remind peoples of GW talk of ice free Arctic

James Hansen : ‘This is the last chance’

6/23/2008

“We see a tipping point occurring right before our eyes,†Hansen told the AP before the luncheon. “The Arctic is the first tipping point and it’s occurring exactly the way we said it would.â€

Hansen, echoing work by other scientists, said that in five to 10 years, the Arctic will be free of sea ice in the summer.

NASA warming scientist: ‘This is the last chance’ – USATODAY.comPosted Image

Yes, well that reflects on the man, not the science, unfortunately, and, really, we shouldn't even tread on that ground if we want to be transparent, clear, and honest. It's OK to make mistakes, I make a whole load of them, but I try to be open and honest about them - and, crucially, publically, on these boards; so that any one can pick up on my methods, thoughts, or anything else. You see anyone else doing that?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

That's not fair KL... Your using the Dec global anomaly graph and talking about summer melt?...or am I misinterpreting you?

Posted

Yes, well that reflects on the man, not the science, unfortunately, and, really, we shouldn't even tread on that ground if we want to be transparent, clear, and honest. It's OK to make mistakes, I make a whole load of them, but I try to be open and honest about them - and, crucially, publically, on these boards; so that any one can pick up on my methods, thoughts, or anything else. You see anyone else doing that?

Indeed and why I have an extremely low opinion of Hansen as I feel he does a disservice to science in general regardless of your thoughts on AGW.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice to observe the alarmist tactics of whipping up hatred against anyone or any group which presents a more balanced view.It's all such standard activist fodder though any field -  from badgers to fracking and even local planning issues.Once you have their measure you can read the tactics like a book - it's all so naïve and formulaic.Maybe it worked quite well in the 1960s. I'm not sure it is an a calculated program from our regular posters but they think it's all for  #TheCauseâ„¢ to regurgitate the bile spewed from the hate blogs elsewhere.All jolly interesting stuff.

Edited by 4wd

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Never mentions Globsal Warming in the article Keith ?

Meteorologists say that the extreme winter weather has been caused by the combination of three low pressure systems from the south and the east.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2532566/Freezing-cold-blizzards-grip-Northeast-Canada-records-temperatures-cold-Mars.html#ixzz2pHoOTGEF 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

But with it does bring extreme weather events...

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

More mistruths. The image is from Tamino, dated 2011 (according to the date at the top of the blog) - not up to date at all.

http://tamino.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/monckton-skewers-truth/

Still it exposes those who pretend that they're critical of the information they get on here - and shamefully exposes their failure to critically appraise data that confirms their bias. So, indeed, very helpful!

But that would mean that one of those posts is misleading Knocks? I know which I'd tend to believe though!

Maybe i need look at the CT 'tale of the tape;

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/IMAGES/sea.ice.anomaly.timeseries.jpg

I think you'll find that it's Knocker's post that is misleading. Funny you didn't spot that.

• Like 1