Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New forum skin

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Hi Paul,I like the look....guess you've washed the old version with New Improved..Bold/SurfAriel or another leading washing brand!!!

Posted

Im really not sure if I like this. The Trip Advisor website did a similar thing a few weeks ago and I suppose we all have to accept change but personally I find it difficult. think I will stick to the old format for now. ( Old f**t !! )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I don't have a problem with the layout but I'm surprised that there are several comments that it's easier to read as I'm finding the opposite.

The text in the forums seems washed out, like a printer which is beginning to run out of ink; also it can't seem to make up its' mind whether to be black or pale blue.

Unless it's just a combination of my eyes and my p.c!

No, it can't be, I just swithced back to the old skin and there is far more contrast between background and text.

Posted

To my old eyes I would still prefer the font to be a touch darker Paul?

In fact when typing this, not what is posted, it is so faint I have trouble reading it easily.

Does that mean typing a post and looking at the post afterwards are done with differing fonts/shading?

Posted

In the text editor the font is black, if you're not seeing that I'd recommend clearing your browser cache as it definitely shouldn't be anything other than that as a default. 

I'll see what can be done with the colour of the fonts within posts, but it'll prob be tomorrow before we can make a change to the live skin on that front.

Posted

As others have said its rather bright,white, and a little bland,but what your eyes are drawn to straight away, is the colours of the advertising.Clever.

Posted

In the text editor the font is black, if you're not seeing that I'd recommend clearing your browser cache as it definitely shouldn't be anything other than that as a default. 

I'll see what can be done with the colour of the fonts within posts, but it'll prob be tomorrow before we can make a change to the live skin on that front.

Actually scrub that, I've made it a touch darker now - any better?

Posted

Ouch, not the most dyslexic friendly background! The contrast between bright white and the text is pretty horrendous for me but no worries if I can change it back to the old one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I like the new design but as others have mentioned, a little colour to identify the different sub-forums would be great! :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Prefer the old one easier on the eye as others said, thanks.

Posted

Too much white space for me personally and I'll stick to the old style - although even in that the members list now has  member names displayed very large and with coding showing.

Minor nitpicks:

Within forums, thread titles might be better in black rather than bold, as they appear to be at the moment. They'd be clearer in the former.

Within individual threads, near the top of the screen (under the now very prominent adverts),  the links to sections/subsections (Netweather home; forums ... Help support and feedback in this case) are unnecesarily large, and in a font that looks out of place with the rest, and some invisible characters (e.g. tabs) are showing.

I did say nitpicks...

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Not a fan of this really, will be sticking to the old one, old one looks much more professional in my opinion, and is much easier on the eye.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Actually scrub that, I've made it a touch darker now - any better?

Only marginally, Paul. It's as though parts of each letter ( mainly the vertical lines ) are slightly darker than the rest which are a rather washed out blue; when typing a post everything is a pale blue.

Apart, for some strange reason, for post 24 by Weather 09 above which is shining black against the white background.

Now how can that be?

Posted

Too much white space for me personally and I'll stick to the old style - although even in that the members list now has  member names displayed very large and with coding showing.

Minor nitpicks:

Within forums, thread titles might be better in black rather than bold, as they appear to be at the moment. They'd be clearer in the former.

Within individual threads, near the top of the screen (under the now very prominent adverts),  the links to sections/subsections (Netweather home; forums ... Help support and feedback in this case) are unnecesarily large, and in a font that looks out of place with the rest, and some invisible characters (e.g. tabs) are showing.

I did say nitpicks...

I'd definitely recommend clearing your cache, there's definitely not code showing in the member list on either skin, and no tabs showing in the links at the top, so I'd think that's an error locally somewhere which clearing the cache should sort. 

Only marginally, Paul. It's as though parts of each letter ( mainly the vertical lines ) are slightly darker than the rest which are a rather washed out blue; when typing a post everything is a pale blue.

Apart, for some strange reason, for post 24 by Weather 09 above which is shining black against the white background.

Now how can that be?

I'd also recommend a cache clear - the font isn't set to be blue anywhere, it's all just (and I mean just) off black in posts/the editor etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

I will be sticking with old one.

To be honest, it may be a nice idea to have some seasonal ones? Like you do at Christmas..........maybe lots of warm colours for the Summer one etc?

Edited by Radiating Dendrite

Posted

We may look at adding some more options, the problem is though that each skin needs updating every time the software is updated so if we have too many it'll end up needing a lot of work to keep up with that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Hi Paul, since the new theme was launched yesterday the Facebook link on the original theme is not showing anymore any chance you could get it back on at some point please?

Posted

Thanks for the advice, Paul. Clearing the cache sorted out the tabs and most of the freaky-sized headings.  The tags round members' names now only show on the "all members" page, so I can live with that and the over-sized names in the A-Z members pages.

Posted

It's quite bizarre that you're seeing those issues as I've never seen them or heard of them occurring at all, which browser are you using there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Looking better with some of the tweeks that have been done..font much clearer toogood.gif

Posted

Firefox 16.0.2 on a MacBook.

I've sent you a screen-grab to the support desk.

Thanks

Posted

Hi Paul, since the new theme was launched yesterday the Facebook link on the original theme is not showing anymore any chance you could get it back on at some point please?

Yep, we'll try and get those links back on within the next few days.