Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
J10

England's Summer of Cricket (+ other Worldwide Cricket)

The worth of Bell and Trott perhaps starting to be shown now. As slow as they were they didn't make batting look as difficult as Australia are.

Either it terrible batting or england bowling better than australia! They struggling at about 26 overs at 94-3!

I wonder if it's a tad drier than everyone first thought and sticking in the wicket a little. Be superb if Root develops off spin as a part time trade too, imagine his worth then.

how the hell is that not 'run out'???.....bowden is as blind as a bat!!

That had to be out! But yes this wicket is obviously not as good as first thought.

The wicket didn't look that bad to me. Simply I don't think Australia are very good side at the moment, especially with Clarke missing. Their batting is fragile, they have no spinner and their pace attack is fairly ordinary. In contrast to England's attack who all bowled very well, especially Bresnan I thought.

I still think England's top three will need to be a tad more dynamic against other sides. I realise the theory of a solid foundation but it can put a lot of pressure on the lower order batsmen and they can't produce every match.

• Like 1

Once England passed 250 i thought that would be enough-poor Aussie line up really.

England bowling attack always looked too good for them.

No problem with our openers 50 off 10 was fine but we did stall mid-innings when maybe Bell and Trott could have scored more off the Aussie's 4th and 5th choice bowlers.

However all's well and we won comfortably in the end.

Why change the line up and drop say Trott who averages around 55 and a s/r around 70?-his role is important to the team as he adds stability to the top order and others play around him.We have enough stroke makers to do that.

As for the bowling then we are spoiled for choice really and now they have dropped Dernbach any of the others can do the job.

Incredible game between NZ and SL. Malinga, what a bowler.

Incredible game between NZ and SL. Malinga, what a bowler.

Yes i agree Knocker-probably the best bowler of the yorker since Wakir Younis in the one day game-hard to pick too with the ball coming out at that angle.

NZ just crawled over the line though by 1 wkt-another close low scoring game.

Pressure now on SL to qualify for semis.

Yes i agree Knocker-probably the best bowler of the yorker since Wakir Younis in the one day game-hard to pick too with the ball coming out at that angle.

NZ just crawled over the line though by 1 wkt-another close low scoring game.

Pressure now on SL to qualify for semis.

Undoubtable Phil. What I find very impressive, when he's bowling well, is his control and accuracy considering his action. This requires everything being in complete sync. otherwise he'd be spraying the ball all over the place which he rarely does.

There are murmerings in Tasmania that Ricky Ponting may be recalled for the Ashes ( He is Tasmanian, and has gone back to playing for the state side with mediocre success ). I think this just goes to show how desperate the Aussies are if this is true; England has the Ashes in the bag.

To be fair Styx, Ponting's made a fair few runs since he retired from international cricket including 192 for Surrey the other week and a 50, I also heard he made 3 hundreds for Tasmania in the Sheffield Shield. He'd probably have a better chance of making big runs in the Ashes than Phil Hughes, for example.

• Like 1

Called India after I watched them in the warm up game get 325 odd the other week. Powerful, attacking and youthful in places. Good bowling line up to.

An age old question. Should sides pick the best keeper irrespective of any other attributes? In many ways it matters in the ODI if the keepers can stand up to medium pace bowlers. At the end of the day fielidng plays a huge role. Oh for a Colin Bland.

Australia already 10-2 Posted Image

• Like 1

David Warner has today been dropped by Australia after a night club altercation with Joe Root in Birmingham. Root was apparently wearing a wig for a laugh on a night, when Warner unexpectedly stole it, root turned around and said 'what did you do that for' and then Warner smashed it in his face. What a tosspot. Thanks for giving us another reason to smash the Aussies this summer David, it's been received kindly.

• Like 1

David Warner has today been dropped by Australia after a night club altercation with Joe Root in Birmingham. Root was apparently wearing a wig for a laugh on a night, when Warner unexpectedly stole it, root turned around and said 'what did you do that for' and then Warner smashed it in his face. What a tosspot. Thanks for giving us another reason to smash the Aussies this summer David, it's been received kindly.

couldnt agree more he was with broad and finn aswell who were also wearing wigs but the coward choose the smaller target, 2 quick wickets there come on nz

Well Watson got sent home from India for the 'homework' issue, so with this being a worse incident Warner should be sent home too. But I've a feeling he won't be, they'll not select him again in the Champions Trophy but he'll be in for the Ashes as they simply need him in the batting line up - unless they can persuade Ponting or Hussey back lol !

I'm not sure about Warner as he has previous.

I don't think a Whig does a lot of damage. I trying to think how you smash it in somebodies face? Sounds like half a dozen of one and half a dozen of another with a few too many drinks involved.

suprise suprise suspended till the 1st test, he should of been sent home

good start by england 131-1

Edited by Boro Snow