Radar
Snow?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't watch that stuff these days without thinking of Harry Enfield or Paul Whitehouse! :lol:       

Compliance! :shok:  True story allegedly! Could not believe what the staff did to that poor girl, just because they were told to do so by a prank phone caller pretending to be a police officer! Onl

Sounds racy! Saw Dark Skies..........spooky  Dawn of the planet of the apes, it had talking apes in it but it was onions

Posted Images

A movie for lassie.

7/10

Trippy twisted psychological female friends mental hallucinatory

Worth Watching. A Vivid Dreamscape.

This definitely isn't your typical " horror" movie.

Nobody leaves.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 21:59, Snowyowl9 said:

A movie for lassie.

7/10

Trippy twisted psychological female friends mental hallucinatory

Worth Watching. A Vivid Dreamscape.

This definitely isn't your typical " horror" movie.

Nobody leaves.

I shall give it a go, I saw the Mule and Hotel Mumbai

Boxing daymovie marathon yesterday very high standard indeed P stands for premiere.

Wreck it Ralph..9. 2012 P.Star Wars..10. 1977..5..Ralph breaks the internet..9. P 2018.Avengers endgame..9. 2019 P

Edited by Snowyowl9

Good Omens. I pretty much watch everything with David Tennant in, but I have now discovered Michael sheen ..phwoar.  This lead me to read the Book which I have just finished. 

I then discovered that Michael Sheen did a TV series on the life of Kenneth Williams, who I loved as a Kid. 

Michael Sheen :Phwoar.?

Edited by Dami
  • 2 weeks later...

A movie called doppleganger with drew barrymore years ago,but just seen this,man she was bad,not giving nothing away one word lots of white rabbits too.

us-film.png

Edited by Snowyowl9

Maybe I should have post this elsewhere. Thought the Scottish one might be the most appropriate, then again maybe not. 

Yesterday, I picked up this book from a wee second-hand book-shelf in Montrose station waiting room: Night Song of the Last Tram by Robert Douglas. It is a vignette of sentimental and nostalgic accounts about life in a Glasgow single-end tenement during and post WW2, but it does contain children’s views and experiences of the winter of 1947 (amongst other social issues of the time).

A very easy and quite emotional read and kept me engaged to and from Glasgow. Finished this evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my round trip flying to and from the UK

Films watched 

1. Once upon a time in Hollywood...solid 8/10 i enjoyed it Brad Pitt and Leonardo Di caprio were decent

2. Dunkirk...not seen this before again a solid 8/10

3. Zombieland...short but sweet 7/10 

4. Fast and Furious Hobbs and Shaw...wasn't sure if this was a serious film or comedy..still 7/10 for the comedy value

5. 28 days later..thought this was supposed to be good..was disappointing 5/10

6. Zombieland Double Tap..because i watched the original on the way out i had to watched the sequel on the way back...wasnt as good as the first just more of the same 6/10

3 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Just finished my round trip flying to and from the UK

Films watched 

1. Once upon a time in Hollywood...solid 8/10 i enjoyed it Brad Pitt and Leonardo Di caprio were decent

2. Dunkirk...not seen this before again a solid 8/10

3. Zombieland...short but sweet 7/10 

4. Fast and Furious Hobbs and Shaw...wasn't sure if this was a serious film or comedy..still 7/10 for the comedy value

5. 28 days later..thought this was supposed to be good..was disappointing 5/10

6. Zombieland Double Tap..because i watched the original on the way out i had to watched the sequel on the way back...wasnt as good as the first just more of the same 6/10

I just did a transatlantic round trip too.

1. Ad Astra 3/10. Trying hard to be Solaris. Pretentious rubbish.

2. Spider-Man in Europe, or whatever it’s called. 7/10. Surprisingly funny, but, like all these sort of films, way too many overblown special effects.

Slept all the way back, so didn’t watch anything.

• 5 weeks later...

Finished C. J. Sansom's Tombland a few weeks' back, the wonderful 7th (and, hopefully, not the last) Matthew Shardlake novel...Following that, I've been getting books on Kett's Rebellion (of 1549) from Beccles's library; and, I must say, the historical detail of Sansom's novel is extraordinary. If only professional educators would teach history like that?

I know what happened at Azingcourt, and its protagonists but, for the life of me, I can't remember its date! Yet all I ever 'learned' in History lessons was dates, dates, dates!

• 2 months later...

Used the lockdown to work my way through all of the Marvel movies. I'd only seen the Iron Man movies in their entirity before. Watched the first Avengers film and wanted to know how they all meshed together. Ended up a bit hooked and through various means, Sky mostly, some Youtube and eventually shelling out for some, finally finished with Spiderman Far From Home this week. I'm far too old I suppose, but I loved it on the whole. Particular highlights for me were Civil War, Spiderman Homecoming, Black Panther & Thor Ragnarok. They've passed many happy hours!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

ironically during the pandemic im travelling a lot more and thus flying more than ever..so i have taken to watching films that i probably would not have watched otherwise on my short flights..instead of listening to music.

the flight from Edmonton to Vancouver is about 1hr 15 on a Boeing 737 so have to watch a film in 2 parts..thus far in the last few trips i have watched the Iron Lady,..The Predator..Eddie the Eagle and currently half way through the Good Liar which i will finish on Tues flight to Vancouver..all very different films but never the less all pretty decent..esp Eddie the Eagle which i thought would be trash but was surprisingly good.

Edited by cheeky_monkey
  • 2 months later...

Not a film, but I've just finished The Ripper on Netflix... and all I can say is that the degrees of misogynism and racism, amongst the police, was horrendous -- one of the victims' reputation was even questioned because she had 'a Jamaican boyfriend'! -- and how many women were murdered because of it? It makes me sooo angry! But, it all starts with parenting/schooling IMO... When still at school I witnessed a lad having his leg broken, having been forced to run the Tunnel of Death -- a deed for which the culprits had to write 100 lines!😬

When I'm not watching serious stuff, I'm enjoying Korean detective series!

Edited by General Cluster